• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, boroie said:

I'm more worried about what Woody does though, its that inexperience at play where maybe he thinks he can shake it up. Keep the players out of the matchday squad hungry and bring them in as subs (earlier than the 81st minute though!) to provide impact and impetus. 

I don't think JW would be making team selection on his own,I think a discussion between all back room staff would take place with Robbie, Leo & Medical staff

Decent time in the away end. Thought we were well worth the three points today and the win should have been busy with Tav particularly wasteful, although he was involved in a lot of good things. The ref gave too much to Charlton and Gestede should have had a pen for a big push in the back with the defenders nowhere near the ball. Next weeks game at home against Swansea will be huge. I wouldn’t change anything. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I think you have it spot on. He needs to hold his nerve and stick to what works 

All he needs to do now is find what works unless we're saying that today's game is some sort of breakthrough moment for us?  I feel like I might have heard this before 🤔

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

No it wasn't, mate.  We started that run against Stoke.

Oh you're right, Charlton was the first game after the Leeds spanking, that led into 1 defeat in however many it was, my mistake, it was indeed Stoke that started the 4 wins in a row.

13 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Yeah. Only Boro get shafted it seems. A long time ago admittedly but there was no hesitation deducting points from us under Robson. 

3 points in January when we were already in the relegation zone.

They were fine deducting points from Bolton this season too as they were already in the mire.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

All he needs to do now is find what works unless we're saying that today's game is some sort of breakthrough moment for us?  I feel like I might have heard this before 🤔

You just concentrate on your job from now until the end of the season. Pick a player each week and moan about him being in the team. That way we will have a match winner every week. How could it possibly go wrong? 🤪

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

You just concentrate on your job from now until the end of the season. Pick a player each week and moan about him being in the team. That way we will have a match winner every week. How could it possibly go wrong? 🤪

If that had been working all season long we'd already be champions 🙂

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

If that had been working all season long we'd already be champions 🙂

Oh drat yeah. I knew there was a flaw in the concept somewhere 😱😱😱

Much needed win, still not convinced about Woody though. Terrible subs.

Stojanovic didn't have much to do but his distribution was spot on and he claimed every ball easily. I'd definitely keep him in-between the sticks for Swansea. He'll more than likely have more to do in that game!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Much needed win, still not convinced about Woody though. Terrible subs.

Stojanovic didn't have much to do but his distribution was spot on and he claimed every ball easily. I'd definitely keep him in-between the sticks for Swansea. He'll more than likely have more to do in that game!

Thats a good thing he didnt have a lot to do. But was it down to charlton attack or our defence. Somehow i think the former. But all good in the end. 

18 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

3 points in January when we were already in the relegation zone.

They were fine deducting points from Bolton this season too as they were already in the mire.

Yes you've got to have a level of consistency, you can't just look at a clubs league position, if you've breached the rules then the penalty should be automatic, not when it suits.