oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We need friend to retire. Not back in the team. 

No BD the squad needs players like George yes he is a little injury prone at present, but when fit could still run rings round most opposition right backs down that left wing. Only trouble with our George is his crossing and shooting keep him fit and make sure in training that all he does is cross and shoot. He still has speed and it was not his fault that he came back to early I would put that on Woodgate getting desperate for defenders and look what happened. That was the main reason he was playing more central instead of wing back. Coulsons game could improve vastly if George was playing  just behind him.  He as at least 2 more years at this level and we need players that give their all for the club.

Sorry mate I disagree with that retirement comment.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Just to give @mendieta420 some support he is 100% correct regarding Clayton. Unbelievable that some people cannot see what he brings to the team.

Well I just wish he would play his natural game when he first came to Boro he was a producer he could pass that ball right where the forwards or the wing backs needed it. Then Pulis got hold of him and made him into a Wilkins type of player so crab like passing square passing back never putting his foot on the ball looking up and passing forward. Last week I saw a glimpse of the player that first arrived at the MFC must have been a 30/35 yrd pass forward  creating a chance then after that nothing but back passers again arrrrgggghhh I just wanted to chop his legs off.

Great player just needs releasing from defensive duties.

• Like 1

You are my Boro, my only Boro, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know just, how much I love you, please don't take, my Boro, away 🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵🎵

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Sums him up completely that he starts to put some effort in around the same time as he needs to find another club, shouldnt be anywhere near this squad 

Have to disagree James. He has by no stretch of the imagination been value for money but he is the best forward we have for the way we are playing at the minute. He occupies defenders, can play with his back to goal and can bring the 3 behind into play. Britt and Fletcher cannot do that.

19 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

No BD the squad needs players like George yes he is a little injury prone at present, but when fit could still run rings round most opposition right backs down that left wing. Only trouble with our George is his crossing and shooting keep him fit and make sure in training that all he does is cross and shoot. He still has speed and it was not his fault that he came back to early I would put that on Woodgate getting desperate for defenders and look what happened. That was the main reason he was playing more central instead of wing back. Coulsons game could improve vastly if George was playing  just behind him.  He as at least 2 more years at this level and we need players that give their all for the club.

Sorry mate I disagree with that retirement comment.

Alright George, nice to see you posting 🙂

I like Friend, I do. But anyone with eyes that watched him play this season could see he is toast. He was caught out time and time again.

• Haha 1
Just now, TAPOUT said:

Have to disagree James. He has by no stretch of the imagination been value for money but he is the best forward we have for the way we are playing at the minute. He occupies defenders, can play with his back to goal and can bring the 3 behind into play. Britt and Fletcher cannot do that.

Completely agree, what we needed for this sort of game. But we havent seen him put in that sort of effort in his previous 3 years at the club though. Seems obvious he is only bothered now so he can find another club

Very good performance throughout but sorry to be a party pooper but Charlton are a very poor team.

Having said that it's not about our performances atm for me, it's just about grinding results out to maintain our league status.

Rudy was a handful throughout and I am sure the Metz scout who was at the game Monday and today would of been very impressed by his performances. It's best for both parties that he leaves the club because of the split but I think we need a player like him in this division and I would certainly welcome back Hugill as I thought Pulis played him completely wrong.

Nice to see positive comments on the forum for a change but let's not get ahead of ourselves after 1 win against a very poor opposition.

Fair play to Woody dropping Pears as well btw.

1 minute ago, jamesp said:

Completely agree, what we needed for this sort of game. But we havent seen him put in that sort of effort in his previous 3 years at the club though. Seems obvious he is only bothered now so he can find another club

I am not his biggest fan, dont get me wrong but I dont think he has ever been made to feel that he is the main man as it were. And maybe he has not deserved to feel that way. He has always seemed to be the stand in guy. Maybe it is just coincidence that Woody has seen that he needs his skill set and maybe told him the position is his to lose now and he has grasped the nettle. Its all about someone having confidence in you. At risk of complete ridicule and pi55 taking for the rest of my time on here I would rather keep Rudy on manageable wages than any of the other forwards we have. He can bring more to the team.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I am not his biggest fan, dont get me wrong but I dont think he has ever been made to feel that he is the main man as it were. And maybe he has not deserved to feel that way. He has always seemed to be the stand in guy. Maybe it is just coincidence that Woody has seen that he needs his skill set and maybe told him the position is his to lose now and he has grasped the nettle. Its all about someone having confidence in you. At risk of complete ridicule and pi55 taking for the rest of my time on here I would rather keep Rudy on manageable wages than any of the other forwards we have. He can bring more to the team.

Maybe he just had a decent game or two and it doesn't mean anything more than that?  He has had good games for us before, just not as many as the bad/ineffective ones.  We just beat a really poor side today, a side that we also outplayed a couple of months ago (without Gestede in the squad at all), and suddenly everyone and everything is better than we realised?  I dunno, it feels like an obvious overreaction to a desperately desired win to me.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's been told to find a new club hasn't he?

And that’s got what to do with his input into the team? 
Financial mismanagement is the only reason for him being told to find a new club

4 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Well I think both of you have got it spot on Rudy for me as never shown the slightest idea of what was required of him until recently.

But in seeing that side of him I believe you are correct Tapout  that he is the kind of player that is needed badly at the Boro he wins in the air he can take a knock his foot work is very good and he lays off  for others and scores the odd rare goal. Which is rather baffling as he used to get the slightest tap and be out for months.

Trouble is at present we cannot afford to offer him an extended contract on his present wages and others may be able to. So bye bye Rudy and I hope some one also comes in for Britass as well.

• Like 1
Just now, Blanco said:

And that’s got what to do with his input into the team? 
Financial mismanagement is the only reason for him being told to find a new club

Well it's going to have a lot to do with his input into the team when he's no longer here 🙂

The manager dropped him and told him to find a new club.  That had nothing to do with finances, it's cos he didn't/doesn't rate him.

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Just to give @mendieta420 some support he is 100% correct regarding Clayton. Unbelievable that some people cannot see what he brings to the team.

Yeah he was good today. Told the players to push up and press high at least once late in the second half. Don’t think he’s the future though and it’s an area we are well stocked in.