oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Well it's going to have a lot to do with his input into the team when he's no longer here 🙂

The manager dropped him and told him to find a new club.  That had nothing to do with finances, it's cos he didn't/doesn't rate him.

Sorry but that was so funny Woodgate rating players.. 😆😆

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Sorry but that was so funny Woodgate rating players.. 😆😆

Yes MM can’t believe that CT came out with that one 😂😂😂 Maybe his internet is playing up again 😂😂😂

Just back have to say a "good game" yes we should have un out more comfortable winners but hey ho a win is a win.

Great to see Borodane and his family safe trip home on Monday.

Boro fans were great.

Howson MOM for me.

Tav needs to sharpen up and think a bit more, just one more touch or give it to Gestede and a goal would have been the result.

BUT my quest to watch Quest is over and easy finding us as we were front row just to the left side (as you view) behind the goal. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Yes MM can’t believe that CT came out with that one 😂😂😂 Maybe his internet is playing up again 😂😂😂

You just said it was unbelievable that people didn't realise what he brought to the team.  I was pointing out that our manager appears to be one of those people, unless you think he dropped him because he just forgot about him? 

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Just back have to say a "good game" yes we should have un out more comfortable winners but hey ho a win is a win.

Great to see Borodane and his family safe trip home on Monday.

Boro fans were great.

Howson MOM for me.

Tav needs to sharpen up and think a bit more, just one more touch or give it to Gestede and a goal would have been the result.

BUT my quest to watch Quest is over and easy finding us as we were front row just to the left side (as you view) behind the goal. 

Great that you got to see a win Alan. Did Teddy learn any Danish from @Borodane and his kids?

Just now, Changing Times said:

You just said it was unbelievable that people didn't realise what he brought to the team.  I was pointing out that our manager appears to be one of those people, unless you think he dropped him because he just forgot about him? 

That’s a possibility too I suppose but are you now suggesting that the manager knows what he’s doing?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Well I think both of you have got it spot on Rudy for me as never shown the slightest idea of what was required of him until recently.

But in seeing that side of him I believe you are correct Tapout  that he is the kind of player that is needed badly at the Boro he wins in the air he can take a knock his foot work is very good and he lays off  for others and scores the odd rare goal. Which is rather baffling as he used to get the slightest tap and be out for months.

Trouble is at present we cannot afford to offer him an extended contract on his present wages and others may be able to. So bye bye Rudy and I hope some one also comes in for Britass as well.

Our forwards set a really low bar in what they bring to the team and for the way we are set up Gestede is the man for me, but as you say he will be off and next year his skill set will not be needed if JW gets the tools he needs to deliver. If we are going 433 then we need a bit more mobility. I know Hugill was mentioned and there is a lot to like about his play but his constant falling over continually meant we lost posession. If he used his strength a bit more and stayed on his feet to retain posession he would be a good option. That said, he will be on wages way beyond what we will be offering.

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That’s a possibility too I suppose but are you now suggesting that the manager knows what he’s doing?

I'm not suggesting anything, simply that he's one of the people who don't appear to recognise what he does for the team, although perhaps he now does.  You seemed to think he knew what he was doing earlier regarding McNair or was that just a piece of good fortune for him?

29 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe he just had a decent game or two and it doesn't mean anything more than that?  He has had good games for us before, just not as many as the bad/ineffective ones.  We just beat a really poor side today, a side that we also outplayed a couple of months ago (without Gestede in the squad at all), and suddenly everyone and everything is better than we realised?  I dunno, it feels like an obvious overreaction to a desperately desired win to me.

My thoughts exactly

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm not suggesting anything, simply that he's one of the people who don't appear to recognise what he does for the team, although perhaps he now does.  You seemed to think he knew what he was doing earlier regarding McNair or was that just a piece of good fortune for him?

Definitely just a piece of misfortune for you slagging him only minutes before the game 😂😂😂 but personally I think Saville is more suited to the role. In saying that, we may not have scored today if he had played Saville. 
Maybe Woodgate is one of those genius type fellows just misunderstood by mere mortals like us?

35 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Maybe he just had a decent game or two and it doesn't mean anything more than that?  He has had good games for us before, just not as many as the bad/ineffective ones.  We just beat a really poor side today, a side that we also outplayed a couple of months ago (without Gestede in the squad at all), and suddenly everyone and everything is better than we realised?  I dunno, it feels like an obvious overreaction to a desperately desired win to me.

Not sure how it is an overreaction to say that a player played well when he did.

• Like 1
Just now, Blanco said:

Definitely just a piece of misfortune for you slagging him only minutes before the game 😂😂😂 but personally I think Saville is more suited to the role. In saying that, we may not have scored today if he had played Saville. 
Maybe Woodgate is one of those genius type fellows just misunderstood by mere mortals like us?

I didn't slag him, I said he didn't deserve to be in the side.  For whatever it's worth, I'm delighted he scored our winner today but my opinion hasn't changed and I still don't think he deserved to be in the side today.  I'm completely comfortable holding that opinion.  If he actually played well today, and didn't just score a goal, then I'd have no problem with him being in the team to face Swansea as he's played well and deserves another go.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I didn't slag him, I said he didn't deserve to be in the side.  For whatever it's worth, I'm delighted he scored our winner today but my opinion hasn't changed and I still don't think he deserved to be in the side today.  I'm completely comfortable holding that opinion.  If he actually played well today, and didn't just score a goal, then I'd have no problem with him being in the team to face Swansea as he's played well and deserves another go.

Fair comment. I can live with that 👍

1 hour ago, Motor Mouth said:

No BD the squad needs players like George yes he is a little injury prone at present

Sorry mate I disagree with that retirement comment.

I have it from a decent source that he has had chronic back issues for several years now.  Retirement IS a possibility, more of a possibility than a run in the team. He has been managing this for sometime. 

• Sad 1