oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

He was probably on the bus with the rest of them 😂

True that. Maybe walking home after losses might help.

😁 And a lot happier than recent times. Will he hold his spot?

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

Just now, KiwiBoro said:

True that. Maybe walking home after losses might help.

😁 And a lot happier than recent times. Will he hold his spot?

Sounds like he will. Good positional sense, solid distribution and a clean sheet. Something we haven’t had in a while 👍

1 hour ago, BoroMart said:

I have it from a decent source that he has had chronic back issues for several years now.  Retirement IS a possibility, more of a possibility than a run in the team. He has been managing this for sometime. 

Then perhaps tell him to finish his coaching qualifications and start teaching our youngsters. I will be sorry to see him leave I am an old school player and when I played we gave it 100% each game just like George as been doing.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Then perhaps tell him to finish his coaching qualifications and start teaching our youngsters. I will be sorry to see him leave I am an old school player and when I played we gave it 100% each game just like George as been doing.

His professionalism cannot be bought. His example to the youngsters would be second to none if his playing days are coming to an end.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I also didn't understand why McNair was in the side. Kudos to him if he played well. But based on my knowledge of recent games, he'd have been on the bench and Saville would have started. But yes, if he played well then sure, he should and probably will start against Swansea too.

That is the way it should be. Meritocracy is the way to go. His performances recently have not been up to scratch but if he plays well he should stay in the team. 

Lot of talk on here that Rudy did good (finally) but for me this is like when Viduka used to pick up his performances near the end of his contract. A player that can be class on his day but rarely bothered until he needs to be. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Motor Mouth said:

Yup, I think that is the future for him, he has a wealth of experience, and knowledge, is studious and a good speaker. He is exactly the kind of guy that I can see running a tier 1 academy system, rather than managing. I doubt he needs the money and stress and cutthroat environment of managing. 

18 minutes ago, boroie said:

Lot of talk on here that Rudy did good (finally) but for me this is like when Viduka used to pick up his performances near the end of his contract. A player that can be class on his day but rarely bothered until he needs to be. 

I think that's a bit harsh, the lad has had 2 1/2 years of serious injuries. I've never doubted his workrate, his ability, although it was obviously not top notch, he clearly has some strengths. He has just never been fit and healthy to get a run of games. Remember the lad could have lost a leg or his life at one stage with blood clots in his leg.

Fans haven't taken to him, partly because of association to that terrible second half in the prem. He was brought in as a saviour of our prem place, at a time when the club was rotten from top to bottom, be it a manager with a fractious relationship with some of the squad, a chairman plotting to sack the manager, a coach seeing opportunity for himself and out of his depth, a GK who downed tools. He came in at totally the wrong time.

The following season in the championship, before he had a chance we had a new manager, new style and bought 3 strikers, and they were obviously going to play before him due to fees and the new manager not wanting him.

Then he got injured, badly, and he's never really recovered physically or emotionally.

The fans just haven't taken to him, but probably a little unfairly, as many of the problems have not been in his control. 5 managers in his spell here (Karanka-Agnew-Monk-Pulis-Woodgate), how are you supposed to work with that? I'm sure he would be first to admit it hasn't worked out, but I don't beleive him to be a terrible player, certainly not to the level some of our fans think.

Oh and Viduka was brilliant most of his time with us, I firmly believe if he had stayed fit in his first season, we would have sneaked into the champs league. All we needed to do was beat Everton at home, instead of lose 1-0 and nab one more point from somewhere. We ended up playing Nemeth, Graham and Job instead of Viduka, that hurt us.

Edited by BoroMart
  • Like 2
16 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

I think that's a bit harsh, the lad has had 2 1/2 years of serious injuries. I've never doubted his workrate, his ability, although it was obviously not top notch, he clearly has some strengths. He has just never been fit and healthy to get a run of games. Remember the lad could have lost a leg or his life at one stage with blood clots in his leg.

Fans haven't taken to him, partly because of association to that terrible second half in the prem. He was brought in as a saviour of our prem place, at a time when the club was rotten from top to bottom, be it a manager with a fractious relationship with some of the squad, a chairman plotting to sack the manager, a coach seeing opportunity for himself and out of his depth, a GK who downed tools. He came in at totally the wrong time.

The following season in the championship, before he had a chance we had a new manager, new style and bought 3 strikers, and they were obviously going to play before him due to fees and the new manager not wanting him.

Then he got injured, badly, and he's never really recovered physically or emotionally.

The fans just haven't taken to him, but probably a little unfairly, as many of the problems have not been in his control. 5 managers in his spell here (Karanka-Agnew-Monk-Pulis-Woodgate), how are you supposed to work with that? I'm sure he would be first to admit it hasn't worked out, but I don't beleive him to be a terrible player, certainly not to the level some of our fans think.

Oh and Viduka was brilliant most of his time with us, I firmly believe if he had stayed fit in his first season, we would have sneaked into the champs league. All we needed to do was beat Everton at home, instead of lose 1-0 and nab one more point from somewhere. We ended up playing Nemeth, Graham and Job instead of Viduka, that hurt us.

The issue with Gestede is never can get over his miss at the liberty stadium everytime I think of him

• Like 1

Great result to wake up to today, sounds like Charlton were awful but we still had to get the result. Hopefully this helps the confidence a bit and we start putting together more consistent performances and hopefully Woodgate sticks to a system now with only one or two personnel changes per game instead of 4 or 5. 

The mirror version of our forum (Though a bit more colourful) after the Barnsley game. 🤣

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/88452/charlton-v-middlesbrough-sat-07-mar-3pm-ko-post-match-thread

This cracked me up....🤣🤣🤣. Last comment page 4.

Wheresmeticket?

March 7

Greenie said:

I think I might wet the bed tonight.

*** on mine earlier to save time.

Edited by BoroAbroad
6 hours ago, boroie said:

To be honest I do not think that is the case with Gestede maybe he now feels part of a team and is in a better place within himself.

I for one am happy for him to continue playing as he does not deserve to be dropped, his overall game seen on last 2 weeks or so is superior to Britt's

• Like 2
5 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The issue with Gestede is never can get over his miss at the liberty stadium everytime I think of him

Know what you mean I am the same with Johnson and his sending off against Hull which did cost us points. He will only be totally forgiven if and when he scores against the upcoming Hull game to make amends.

6 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

The issue with Gestede is the ridiculous wages he's on which he's done nothing to justify.

• Like 2