oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The issue with Gestede is the ridiculous wages he's on which he's done nothing to justify.

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The issue with Gestede is the ridiculous wages he's on which he's done nothing to justify.

Unfortunately that aspect is down to others and another example of the miss management surrounding Boro. But you are correct his overall play has simply not justified that but what can you do?

If he is "upping" his game for the sake of the shopping window for the remainder of the season I can accept that grudgingly as long as it ensures and propels us away from danger until it is mathematically certain that we stay in the Championship.

Life is not fair at times we all know that but collectively  we all want the best for fans of MFC.

• Like 3
  • Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

Gestede is an ok championship forward but he cost too much, is injured far too much and is on ridiculous wages. All those things make him a terrible signing. I’m sure he is a good lad but he’s been a very poor signing and his wages has held us down. 

• Like 2

Well what an exciting Saturday it was and to cap it off we could post positive comments about our team. That’s right we have got to the point we celebrate a Charlton win like the FA cup. There is not much to deny we deserved at least a goal,  after all we 23 shots with 17% on target or simply put,  4 shots were somewhere between the white sticks. Can you believe it, happy times. 

Thanks to Charlton we actually managed to look pretty good at times with some accurate passing and even linked up in midfield, I know who would have thought us capable. As a bonus we even got to see a keeper worth £1 million actually on the field, in a real game, doing a job he was bought to do. Exciting. 

Now if you look at the table ignoring the points column we flow up the table, so much so, there was a rush on toilet paper to stem nose bleeds. 

Its Sunday and having checked the tables making sure we have not somehow slipped down a peg or two, and now confirmed we haven’t, I might enjoy my dinner. As I drift off into a dream, I’m thinking, can we actually finish mid table like I predicted, can we.... 

OH just saying, it’s weird glancing at the table and it’s like nano seconds reading from bottom to top to find us... 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

OH just saying, it’s weird glancing at the table and it’s like nano seconds reading from bottom to top to find us... 

Well a few more nanoseconds than it used to be anyway. 😁

Typical - our first win since the start of the year and I wasn't able to watch it. 😡

But it sounded like we out-performed Charlton for most of the game...which at least gives me hope for the remainder of the season. If the players are just thinking about getting moves away from Boro, then good luck to them...I hope they get their wish.

If nothing else it might give Gibson & Woody some breathing space to sort the squad out over the Summer and get the club in a better financial position.

Still not out of the woods by any means and I'm expecting plenty more fingernail-biting and bum-clenching between now and May. But yesterday at least showed survival might be possible.

In terms of keeping Gestede around, his wages are the biggest factor. Next on that list is he isn't a great all round player, he's a very particular kind of player who isn't useful in all situations. Most players have strengths and weaknesses but his are more glaringly obvious. And to finish off the top 3 reasons, he's had quite a few injuries whilst he's been here meaning he's not been consistently available for selection.

But I do find it hard to understand why he's had a similar, if not greater level of abuse from fans than say Braithwaite has. He is what he is and yes we're overpaying for him. But if you consider the output vs. quality available, Braithwaite should have been getting significantly more *** thrown at him during his time here. If you want to point the finger regarding his wages, point it at the club, they're the true 'donkeys'.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

In terms of keeping Gestede around, his wages are the biggest factor. Next on that list is he isn't a great all round player, he's a very particular kind of player who isn't useful in all situations. Most players have strengths and weaknesses but his are more glaringly obvious. And to finish off the top 3 reasons, he's had quite a few injuries whilst he's been here meaning he's not been consistently available for selection.

But I do find it hard to understand why he's had a similar, if not greater level of abuse from fans than say Braithwaite has. He is what he is and yes we're overpaying for him. But if you consider the output vs. quality available, Braithwaite should have been getting significantly more *** thrown at him during his time here. If you want to point the finger regarding his wages, point it at the club, they're the true 'donkeys'.

I don't recall Braithwaite ending up in a court case with a Boro supporting pensioner after inciting the home fans with his fellow Blackburn players dancing on the Riverside pitch after a controversial late goal. 

• Confused 2
9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't recall Braithwaite ending up in a court case with a Boro supporting pensioner after inciting the home fans with his fellow Blackburn players dancing on the Riverside pitch after a controversial late goal. 

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason.

The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when compared to others and some of it has got very personal.

And the incident you are referring to from his Blackburn days is where he was allegedly racially abused. Now i accept the boro fan gave an innocent explanation for that but Rudy at time had every right to think it was racist. The fact that the police and CPS bought a case against the boro fan tells us that.

Some of our fans even celebrated when Rudy got injured. Thankfully them fans are in minority but why you would ever celebrate another human being suffering a misfortune, never mind it being one of your own players is beyond me.

Oh and btw Rudy, despite last 2 or so months, has been a total flop when you look at fee paid, wages paid and his contribution. He will go down as one of our worst signings unless something drastic happens in last 9 games. However I will never boo or abuse the lad because despite the above he has never once criticised the club or the fans and his failings have never been due to a lack of effort on his part imo. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Well a few more nanoseconds than it used to be anyway. 😁

Typical - our first win since the start of the year and I wasn't able to watch it. 😡

But it sounded like we out-performed Charlton for most of the game...which at least gives me hope for the remainder of the season. If the players are just thinking about getting moves away from Boro, then good luck to them...I hope they get their wish.

If nothing else it might give Gibson & Woody some breathing space to sort the squad out over the Summer and get the club in a better financial position.

Still not out of the woods by any means and I'm expecting plenty more fingernail-biting and bum-clenching between now and May. But yesterday at least showed survival might be possible.

Sorry AR. But for this reason you are not allowed to watch anymore games this season 😉

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Delighted with the win, give us a little bit of hope. I dont think we've turned a corner or Woody all of sudden knows what he's doing just we met team playing worse than us and managed to capitalise on it.

Hull are the real hope of our survival 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Which isn't really his fault in the grand scheme of things. That's our fault for being so bloody stupid. 

• Like 1

Don’t the players ever come over to celebrate with the fans after an away win? Only a handful of players clapped towards the boro fans from afar which I found strange considering the importance of the win and the good support they got. I know my team in Denmark always come over to the away support dancing around and egging the supporters on for 10-15 mins after the match. Always the entire team with subs and coaching staff. That link was missing yesterday which surprised me a lot. 

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason.

The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when compared to others and some of it has got very personal.

And the incident you are referring to from his Blackburn days is where he was allegedly racially abused. Now i accept the boro fan gave an innocent explanation for that but Rudy at time had every right to think it was racist. The fact that the police and CPS bought a case against the boro fan tells us that.

Some of our fans even celebrated when Rudy got injured. Thankfully them fans are in minority but why you would ever celebrate another human being suffering a misfortune, never mind it being one of your own players is beyond me.

Oh and btw Rudy, despite last 2 or so months, has been a total flop when you look at fee paid, wages paid and his contribution. He will go down as one of our worst signings unless something drastic happens in last 9 games. However I will never boo or abuse the lad because despite the above he has never once criticised the club or the fans and his failings have never been due to a lack of effort on his part imo. 

Yep there was one bloke on here who always used to refer to him as “The Gymnast” that had nothing to do with that incident, just a slight on Study’s lack of technical ability (although I presume he’s a far better footballer than the guy calling him names) sometimes fans get an opinion and stick to it regardless. 

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Don’t the players ever come over to celebrate with the fans after an away win? Only a handful of players clapped towards the boro fans from afar which I found strange considering the importance of the win and the good support they got. I know my team in Denmark always come over to the away support dancing around and egging the supporters on for 10-15 mins after the match. Always the entire team with subs and coaching staff. That link was missing yesterday which surprised me a lot. 

They do normally, but I think word got out that there were Danes in the crowd. Best to err on the side of caution. 

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Downsouth said:

To be honest I do not think that is the case with Gestede maybe he now feels part of a team and is in a better place within himself.

I for one am happy for him to continue playing as he does not deserve to be dropped, his overall game seen on last 2 weeks or so is superior to Britt's

My overall game is superior to Britts, I'm 48, a stone and 1/2 overweight and have the pace of a constipated turtle with two amputated flippers.....still, at least I can trap a ball, stand up, stay onside and pass the ball more than 10 foot to a team mate.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

My overall game is superior to Britts, I'm 48, a stone and 1/2 overweight and have the pace of a constipated turtle with two amputated flippers.....still, at least I can trap a ball, stand up, stay onside and pass the ball more than 10 foot to a team mate.

To be fair I think it's under doctors advice to not pass to a team mate to prevent the spread of coronovirus.