Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

3 points in January when we were already in the relegation zone.

They were fine deducting points from Bolton this season too as they were already in the mire.

I cant remember exactly but i think that deduction actually nailed us for relegation. I know it was close. 

Anyway. Good 3 points today. Happy weekend at last. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

I cant remember exactly but i think that deduction actually nailed us for relegation. I know it was close. 

Anyway. Good 3 points today. Happy weekend at last. 

It did nail us. Without it we would have stayed up

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t get the chance to listen into the match today. Had to go to a load of kids birthday party’s 🙂. Seems as though it was a positive performance and critically we got 3 points. I hope we stick with the same formation from now until the end of the season. Let us get better doing what we are doing and let other teams worry about us. Nice to have a positive weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry if i missed it but is there an EFL decision pending regarding Sheff Wed and Derby? I know Birmingham been cleared but not sure if there a date been set for Sheff Wed or Derby?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see the board positive tonight, hopefully the start of a few more wins to pull us to safety. I’ve been feeling a lot more positive since Forest, although I was furious with Gibson’s interview in the Gazette, in some way its settled me down! Woodgate is here to stay and all the speculation and rumours of him getting sacked “if we don’t win next match” and Warnock coming in to the end of the season are out of the window now. All we can do is get behind the team and see what happens in the summer. 
 

Stick with that team for Swansea. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudy was unreal today. I dunno where this player has been hiding, maybe he's finally got fit after all this time as his Boro career runs out

Otherwise I liked the centre backs.. Mouk was great, Shotton was caught a few times but alright

No surprise the team looks more solid and structured when Clayton is in there

The new goalie has a great kick but he never ever takes a touch. I kept worrying that there was going to be a late bobble

Johnson was very poor defensively but him and Coulson are clever going forward together. IMO need George back

I love Jonny Howson

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudy was exceptional today in his play. However, i am not going to get excited over 2 or 3 performances by him over a 3.5 year period. Nonetheless I hope he does really well in the next 9 games and if he does then club might offer him a new deal on significantly reduced terms. and by that I mean he will probably need to take a cut in region of 60% if he is on the rumoured 30k a week.

I hope if as looks likely Rudy does go we still get a target man in as i believe we need one, even if it is just for a plan B. with that in mind would people be against Hugill. I know he was not great here last season but I do feel that was largely to the tactics Pulis employed when here in isolating him up top. He has shown at QPR he can be very effective when he has people around him, Just like rudy has when he has willing runners in and around him..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The real winners here are all of us who get to have Erimus do another match thread!

Absolutely agree @wilsoncgp I can’t wait to read about our historical clashes with Swansea

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Rudy was exceptional today in his play. However, i am not going to get excited over 2 or 3 performances by him over a 3.5 year period. Nonetheless I hope he does really well in the next 9 games and if he does then club might offer him a new deal on significantly reduced terms. and by that I mean he will probably need to take a cut in region of 60% if he is on the rumoured 30k a week.

I hope if as looks likely Rudy does go we still get a target man in as i believe we need one, even if it is just for a plan B. with that in mind would people be against Hugill. I know he was not great here last season but I do feel that was largely to the tactics Pulis employed when here in isolating him up top. He has shown at QPR he can be very effective when he has people around him, Just like rudy has when he has willing runners in and around him..

I very much doubt that Rudy will be interested to stay after 3,5 years of abuse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Rudy was unreal today. I dunno where this player has been hiding, maybe he's finally got fit after all this time as his Boro career runs out

Otherwise I liked the centre backs.. Mouk was great, Shotton was caught a few times but alright

No surprise the team looks more solid and structured when Clayton is in there

The new goalie has a great kick but he never ever takes a touch. I kept worrying that there was going to be a late bobble

Johnson was very poor defensively but him and Coulson are clever going forward together. IMO need George back

I love Jonny Howson

We need friend to retire. Not back in the team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure if anyone’s mentioned this but pretty mental that we have enough points to have survived last season! 

Huge huge win, one of the most emotionally draining games I’ve endured. We absolutely deserved it today. Everyone looked like they gave a *** and the reactions at full time underscored that. 

Maybe we’ll be okay, if we keep performing like that we’ve got every chance of it. Utfb❤️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Rudy was unreal today. I dunno where this player has been hiding, maybe he's finally got fit after all this time as his Boro career runs out

Otherwise I liked the centre backs.. Mouk was great, Shotton was caught a few times but alright

No surprise the team looks more solid and structured when Clayton is in there

The new goalie has a great kick but he never ever takes a touch. I kept worrying that there was going to be a late bobble

Johnson was very poor defensively but him and Coulson are clever going forward together. IMO need George back

I love Jonny Howson

Sums him up completely that he starts to put some effort in around the same time as he needs to find another club, shouldnt be anywhere near this squad 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Rudy was unreal today. I dunno where this player has been hiding, maybe he's finally got fit after all this time as his Boro career runs out

Otherwise I liked the centre backs.. Mouk was great, Shotton was caught a few times but alright

No surprise the team looks more solid and structured when Clayton is in there

The new goalie has a great kick but he never ever takes a touch. I kept worrying that there was going to be a late bobble

Johnson was very poor defensively but him and Coulson are clever going forward together. IMO need George back

I love Jonny Howson

What!!! Friend is done man, he's been garbage every time he plays!

Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...