oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’d say the two lads are at home on the computer, CT wearing his favourite Boro shirt with GESTEDE on the back. BoroMart is proudly sporting his ASSOMBALONGA one 😂

I might pop around to see his mam and dad later and find out where he's going 😏

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I might pop around to see his mam and dad later and find out where he's going 😏

If you know them, you should do 👍

1 minute ago, BoroMart said:

We have conceded more goals already, with 9 games to go than in each of our last 4 full seasons in the champo. That might be adequate enough for you, but my expectations are higher.

Only 3 more goals to surpass 13/14, 1 more to surpass 11/12, but at least we are unlikely to reach the true shambles of 12/13. This is our worst defence in 7/8 years when Bikey, Hines and Hoyte regularly turned out for us. But we have better players than that, this defence IS underperforming, and ISN'T organised enough.

My expectations of everything Boro related is higher than the reality at the moment.  I just dispute the notion that we are a shambles when we are average at this level and that's in a season when we've been completely unable to put any pressure on opposition teams with goals of our own.  The fact that we've been much better than average in the past doesn't change that for me.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We have created solidity, that's why our defensive record is reasonable even with the amount of changes we'd made, forced or otherwise.  It's not a shambles, it's just not as good as it has been under far more defensive minded coaches with arguably better and more consistent players to choose from.  Perhaps it stands out more because we have such a poor attacking record that we are basically screwed if we concede more than once in a game?

We have conceded more goals already, with 9 games to go than in each of our last 4 full seasons in the champo. That might be adequate enough for you, but my expectations are higher.

Only 3 more goals to surpass 13/14, 1 more to surpass 11/12, but at least we are unlikely to reach the true shambles of 12/13. This is our worst defence in 7/8 years when Bikey, Hines and Hoyte regularly turned out for us. But we have better players than that, this defence IS underperforming, and ISN'T organised enough.

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

Don’t the players ever come over to celebrate with the fans after an away win? Only a handful of players clapped towards the boro fans from afar which I found strange considering the importance of the win and the good support they got. I know my team in Denmark always come over to the away support dancing around and egging the supporters on for 10-15 mins after the match. Always the entire team with subs and coaching staff. That link was missing yesterday which surprised me a lot. 

I gave you a hug, be satisfied with that mate!

Just now, BoroMart said:

I know, you just said that up there ⬆️

17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's 3 months mate, he's had plenty of time to get match fit and he's had periods of being fit before this season as well.  Yeah of course he has had some truly awful games, every player does, but you seem to focus on certain players more than others for some reason.  Gestede has caused naff all problems in the most of the games he's played, which is precisely why he hasn't been picked most of the time when has been fit.

Most of that 3 months coincided with Fletchers purple patch at CF. So he wasn't picked, now he has picked and put in a couple of good performances. Back the lad until he leaves, because he is probably the best all round CF we have got right now.

18 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Imo Fry is probably our slowest CB. He has the turning circle of a bus.

he is slow turning, but straight line speed is decent enough compared to Ayala, Shotton, Moukoudi

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They might lie to me though, the rotters! 

Them’s the chances you have to take CT 🤪

17 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Not to mention our continuing habit of sitting back and letting teams come at us in the last 10-15 minutes of games. I wonder if CT has any stats for late goals conceded (in the last 10 minutes of games). Would be interested to know where Boro rate there.

good point. Last 10 mins of games mean our midfield shields legs have gone, from a higher press. We now need our defence to stand up strong.......time and again, they let it slip, without  the midfield and forwards pressing.

• Like 1

As mentioned let's all be pleased that we just might get a Gestede working hard for whatever reasons and simply get the best of him in the meantime.

Question to all? Based on recent performances does he deserve to keep his place?

Simple yes or no, no need for your reasons and all of the palaver associated with him.

For me Yes

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

My expectations of everything Boro related is higher than the reality at the moment.  I just dispute the notion that we are a shambles when we are average at this level and that's in a season when we've been completely unable to put any pressure on opposition teams with goals of our own.  The fact that we've been much better than average in the past doesn't change that for me.

We're a defensive team that has an 'average' record at goals conceded....that's poor.

10 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

As mentioned let's all be pleased that we just might get a Gestede working hard for whatever reasons and simply get the best of him in the meantime.

Question to all? Based on recent performances does he deserve to keep his place?

Simple yes or no, no need for your reasons and all of the palaver associated with him.

For me Yes

Yes, start next game

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I agree that Braithwaite was a complete waste of time but he actually scored one more goal than Gestede has here.  That's how little Gestede has contributed and is at least partly why he's gotten the stick he has.

He scored one more goal probably because in one month at the start of last season, when he was clearly playing for nothing more than a move away, he showed he could contribute even in a Pulis team. But following that, he didn't. Thus there's no question about Braithwaite's lack of commitment. I'd say at the very least, Gestede is not even close to that kind of statement. So why, in comparing the kind of abuse both have had as Boro players, Gestede stands out as a 'donkey', I have no idea.

For the record following your other post, I remember Gestede's game against Crewe earlier this season when he wasn't all there. So perhaps his commitment is somewhat in question. I mean, if we go through this squad as a whole, I think we'll find very few candidates who have wholly clean records when it comes to giving their all on the pitch every minute they spend on it. Relatively speaking though, how we can even consider Gestede's commitment when shotting abuse his way is beyond me.

• Like 1