oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

Game day! 

Can't afford to lose today. If we do think we will have too steep a hill to climb. Given the opposition think a draw would be a bad result in my opinion. Really hope we can get a win.

UTFB!!!

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 1
  • Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Uwe said:

Game Day. 
Trying to convince myself that if we lose it’s not all over this season

excited doctor who GIF

I'm already in Doris Day mode...

Why Women Kill Singing GIF by CBS All Access

...whatever will be, will be...

• Like 1

Reading the Charlton forum is like reading ours. 😀
Same concerns. Same belief that to lose will make it a hell of a mountain to climb in the remaining games.

I think it will be a hard fought battle on the pitch today. Really hope Woody can get the team fired up enough.

The first goal will be massive. Just hope it's us that gets it.

I havent been this much on edge about a game for a long time.

• Like 1

This is a massive game and one that we really need to win. Good luck to all the travelling fans. Hopefully you lot can cheer us on to a big three points. UTB

• Like 1

Whoever wins the midfield battle wins the game, we need a vastly improved performance from Tav, when he's on form he can be a match winner for us, no place to hide today for anyone. I'm really not sure about playing Britt, didn't look like he wanted to be on the pitch when he came on as sub, reminded me of when Yakuba wanted away, and that's no good to us in a game like this.

14 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Reading the Charlton forum is like reading ours. 😀
Same concerns. Same belief that to lose will make it a hell of a mountain to climb in the remaining games.

I think it will be a hard fought battle on the pitch today. Really hope Woody can get the team fired up enough.

The first goal will be massive. Just hope it's us that gets it.

I havent been this much on edge about a game for a long time.

Thats what makes me think this could be quite an open game with a few goals...both teams going for it and neglecting to defend.

Now watch us play out a dour 0-0... 😁

• Haha 1

A lot of kids' birthdays today! Lot of really randy Boro fans in early June! Got to do something when football season is over, I guess!

Come on Boro today, need to get points on the board. Our only hope right now appears to be Hull are in just as much free-fall as us and the game at their ground could be pivotal.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Interesting article on the BBC site. If both Wednesday and Derby are found to have breached the rules they could be right in the mix. A 9 point deduction would certainly stir things up. Putting them both on 41 points. (As the table stands now.)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51736806

It's so late in the season now, I wonder if any potential points deduction will be left and carried over into a new season instead.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's so late in the season now, I wonder if any potential points deduction will be left and carried over into a new season instead.

That would hardly seem fair if they survived through cheating though. Kind of sends out the wrong message.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think the EFL have the bottle to deduct the points from a big club when there's a chance of relegating them solely based on the points deduction.

They seemed to wait until it was obvious Birmingham were safe to do theirs.

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

That would hardly seem fair if they survived through cheating though. Kind of sends out the wrong message.

If a points deduction was to put that team in the relegation places and the delay had them survive, I would very much expect the relegated team who would have survived to complain. I don't think it'd be fair either really but then neither was the Carlos Tevez affair and Sheffield United still went down and only got a fraction of the payout they wanted when the relevant bodies admitted they got it wrong.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Interesting article on the BBC site. If both Wednesday and Derby are found to have breached the rules they could be right in the mix. A 9 point deduction would certainly stir things up. Putting them both on 41 points. (As the table stands now.)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51736806

For clubs like Sheff Wed and Derby there should be no real excuse for not following the rules and a no tolerance policy should be invoked and they should be relegated. They are not dealing with any fallout from relegation from the premier league and are basically flouting the rules. If my club gets relegated but lived within its means within P&S I would be very aggrieved that they survived by cheating. That said, the whole process seems arbitrary. There should be set dates for clubs to submit their accounts for auditing and  a set date for any punishments to be dished out. 

• Like 5