oneBoro Forum
Erimus74

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

Fantastic result and great day out! A lot of positives to take from this game. Could have easily been 3 up by half time. I'm hoping Woodgate keeps the squad the same for this Saturday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThisIzLeon said:

Fantastic result and great day out! A lot of positives to take from this game. Could have easily been 3 up by half time. I'm hoping Woodgate keeps the squad the same for this Saturday.

I would be happy if starting 11 is same but as far as bench is concerned i would rather Roberts was on there at the expense of Nmecha. The same 11 with a bench of 

Pears, Fry, Saville, Ravel, Roberts, Fletch and Britt.

• Like 1

That clean sheet will do wonders for Stojanović's confidence. Looking forward to see how he fares against a team who'll actually challenge him.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I would be happy if starting 11 is same but as far as bench is concerned i would rather Roberts was on there at the expense of Nmecha. The same 11 with a bench of 

You're completely right there. I forgot that Roberts should be back. I'd defo have him on the bench and give him some minutes this weekend.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I think we (normally) get distracted by a players stats and ignore the set up of the team they are playing in. 

Rather than signing strikers to suit our system or building a team around a striker we sign whom ever we like with either a decent record or a *** record but they always score past us.

agreed, you can't just look at simple stats. IF you look at Jordan Rhodes, he had very good champo stats, but there are reasons that Prem sides sent scouts but never ever made an offer. That is because his goals tally was based around a setup that involed him hanging around the box, scoring 45-55% of the team goals, but doing little else. Despite scoring so many goals, Blackburn were a middling to lower side.

When he did get someone to share the load (Gestede) his own output dropped and the team as a whole were only 10th top scorers. The idea of footy is not to get the top goalscorer in the charts, it guarantees nothing. 

Just watched the highlights on the boro website. Thought they were very Charlton friendly. Were they put together by a Charlton fan? Looking at those highlights you’d think Charlton were the better team. Thought we created a lot more than those highlights show. 

37 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ravel or Nmecha to be dropped. I’d rather it was Ravel. 

On 3/9/2020 at 2:27 PM, OldManGravz said:

I think they used the word alright and *** were used to describe Zenden was because they rhymed, not because they were actually descriptive.

"He used to be alright but not spectacular on the wing, but now hes much better and putting in some of the best midfield performances in the premiership" just doesnt work as well in the parameters of the song

Next up you'll be telling me Juninho didn't have a magic hat.

• Haha 3