oneBoro Forum

Boro v Charlton (A) 1-0 (McNair)

Glad he’s not gone for a load of changes again. We’ve needed a settled team for a while. Agree with others that Saville would be my choice alongside Clayton instead of McNair, otherwise happy enough with that team. Brave call dropping Pears. If Stojanovic makes any mistakes or the defence don’t have confidence in him, Woodgate will be slated for that decision. But I think (hope!) its the right one! 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Charlton v Boro what a 'massivegiganticwehavetowinatallcosts' fixture, it won't determine who goes down but its a long way back for the losers, we HAVE to win this game, no ifs or buts, draws are no g

If you think that is the reason Rudy has been given a hard time then you are very badly mistaken. It is not even close to the reason. The abuse he has got has definitely been unjustified when com

I hope there's a place for organisms or we're all screwed. I know my own support of Boro would be lost without my scepticism and cynicism. I'd love to see some professionalism from us and ma

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Just to give everyone a fair warning:

Watched Stojanovic for the u23s. He didn't do anything wrong but ventured outside if the penalty area on more than one occasion!

Try not to have a heart attack if he goes on a wander! 🤣

Could be another source of goals for us then 👍

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If anyone's listening to the audio through the Boro site, has the stream showed up for you yet? Mine is just a big black rectangle...

Same here. Useless buggers

Looking at the team it looks like a scrappy game is expected . Nice to finally see our new keeper selected on the team sheet (Stojanovic) fraid I think Johnson maybe a weak link in defence though,god knows how Woodgate thinks he is good for left back. Then again I stopped trying to read Woodgates teams long long ago.

Gestede well he did score the last game so why not show faith in the guy again.

Would have liked to see Woodgate make a space for Morrison though I know we have Coulson down that left but I would have given Morrison Wings place down that middle.

Here goes UTB lets see the Valley crowd quietened quickly and we get that early lead to fall back on.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:
33 minutes ago, Duvel said:

It's the defence which worries me, I suppose Charlton are not full strength though. 

Its the midfield that worries me, bad habit of going missing for long periods of the game which puts the defense under long spells of pressure.

It's the manager, the defence, the midfield, the attack, the chairman, the chief exec and the recruitment team that worries me.  Other than that I'm feeling good about things 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
55 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Happy that the outfield players are unchanged, a bit of consistency.

We need a win so badly.

I'm not.  If people are not playing well then they shouldn't keep playing simply because they aren't 19-21 years old, which is essentially what we're seeing at this football club over the past few weeks, and it's a load of *** in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's the manager, the defence, the midfield, the attack, the chairman, the chief exec and the recruitment team that worries me.  Other than that I'm feeling good about things 👍

Give Woody a chance man.

I'm not.  If people are not playing well then they shouldn't keep playing simply because they aren't 19-21 years old, which is essentially what we're seeing at this football club over the past few weeks, and it's a load of *** in my opinion.

We've not had the same team twice in a row in about 4 or 5 months.

It's going to have an impact.

• Like 1

Well Forest was one of our better games this season...which admittedly isn't saying much...but still a damn sight better than some games we've had.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

We've not had the same team twice in a row in about 4 or 5 months.

It's going to have an impact.

Even if some of the players aren't playing well?  Interesting.  We don't actually have the same team today anyway cos we changed GK's but if we were selecting players on form, which we clearly aren't, then there's no way that McNair is in the side today as he's been really poor for a good few weeks now.