oneBoro Forum

Squad to begin next season

What we need is 2 winger's like Adomar and a number 10 like Ramirez then the creativity problem will be sorted. Also if Britt does go we need  Ivay Toney to come in then we have a squad to mount a promotion bid. As I can't deal with another season like this it's horrific!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recruitment will be in the safe hands of the transfer committee.  Mssrs, Gibson, Gill, Woodgate and Bausor.  Sounds like a firm of solicitors. Oh dear! You  couldn't make this up 😉  htt

I actually think we will be far better next season. Robert's will be massive, Gibson and Moukoudi at the back solid. All the youngsters coming through with another years experience.  

For me the only way to answer this question is to assume we will be in the championship next season. Until we are relegated i think we will squeek it out because as someone said the table doesn't lie

47 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

What we need is 2 winger's like Adomar and a number 10 like Ramirez then the creativity problem will be sorted. Also if Britt does go we need  Ivay Toney to come in then we have a squad to mount a promotion bid. As I can't deal with another season like this it's horrific!

What we don’t need is to pay millions for another league 1 player. Too big a gamble. We’ve signed three and sent two of them straight back to that league because the step is too big. 

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

What we don’t need is to pay millions for another league 1 player. Too big a gamble. We’ve signed three and sent two of them straight back to that league because the step is too big. 

True but that doesn't mean there aren't any gems to be found but it has to be said one does lack faith in our recruitment set up to sieve  through the dirt to unearth the golden thread player's that our new model is built upon.

We don't need to spend big money on a first choice striker. I think Fletcher has easily shown enough this season to show that he is good enough for it and with more creativity in the team would score goals for fun in this league (this is all under the assumption that Britt goes, which I'm still not convinced by.)

41 minutes ago, Will said:

We don't need to spend big money on a first choice striker. I think Fletcher has easily shown enough this season to show that he is good enough for it and with more creativity in the team would score goals for fun in this league (this is all under the assumption that Britt goes, which I'm still not convinced by.)

Unless Britt is willing to sign a much reduced contract I don't think it will be financially viable to keep him. That said I struggle to see which team is going to pay for him and give him a contract like the one he is on here. 

4 hours ago, Borodane said:

Unless Britt is willing to sign a much reduced contract I don't think it will be financially viable to keep him. That said I struggle to see which team is going to pay for him and give him a contract like the one he is on here. 

Hopefully we can pawn him off on a relegated team... We need to get him involved and scoring again or else a team is going to struggle to justify a transfer fee and that massive contract.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:33 PM, TLF10 said:

Woodgate has said he does not see Coulson as a left back but a left winger so Coulson might play as one of the front 3. He will need to add goals to his game to justify that. If we are to play 4.3.3 i think we need a fair few players.

Stojanovic

Dijksteel, Fry, NEW CB, NEW LB

Paddy, NEW DM, Wing

NEW RW, NEW CF/Britt, NEW LW/Coulson

Therefore we need 4 new players (6 if britt and coulson do not fit in to the system) just for the starting 11 to have the players to make a 4.3.3 work imo.

Spence, Fry, NEW CB, Bola

Paddy, Dijksteel, Wing

Roberts, NEW CF/Britt, NEW LW/Coulson

6 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

Recruitment will be in the safe hands of the transfer committee.

Mssrs, Gibson, Gill, Woodgate and Bausor.  Sounds like a firm of solicitors.

Oh dear! You  couldn't make this up 😉 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-qa-director-football-role-17912454

From that article: "From the outside looking in, it looks like Steve Gibson always wants to retain a moderate control of footballing decisions, which obviously won’t appeal to high calibre Directors of Football"

Brilliant. Gibson has really shown that he knows football. Just hire someone who actually knows the game and how to run a club.

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Borodane said:

From that article: "From the outside looking in, it looks like Steve Gibson always wants to retain a moderate control of footballing decisions, which obviously won’t appeal to high calibre Directors of Football"

Brilliant. Gibson has really shown that he knows football. Just hire someone who actually knows the game and how to run a club.

I sent that question to the Evening Gazette. The bottom paragraph that you have quoted was attached to my initial question, but they seem to have butchered the editing and put the quote down the bottom of the page which makes it look like it’s a response to the question.

Edited by p_mards
8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah. I’m not Gibson out, I’m director of football in.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Erimus 63 said:

Recruitment will be in the safe hands of the transfer committee.

Mssrs, Gibson, Gill, Woodgate and Bausor.  Sounds like a firm of solicitors.

Oh dear! You  couldn't make this up 😉 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-qa-director-football-role-17912454

It sounds such a 1990’s set up. Gary Gill has proven himself as being useless with recruitment over the past decade and more. He’s our equivalent to Chris Grayling who consistently gets good jobs, despite him failing in all previous jobs, as he obeys his master in any circumstance as he’s a “yes man”. We all know Gibson loves them sort of people workin Boro though. It’s little wonder our recruitment is decades behind the likes of Brentford.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Borodane said:

And there is the problem in a nutshell. 

• Like 1

"So, all in all, because there are so many issues to address in the summer in terms of squad re-building, regrettably 2020/21 is looking like another season of transition."

Happy happy. Joy joy.