• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Recruitment will be in the safe hands of the transfer committee.  Mssrs, Gibson, Gill, Woodgate and Bausor.  Sounds like a firm of solicitors. Oh dear! You  couldn't make this up 😉  htt

I actually think we will be far better next season. Robert's will be massive, Gibson and Moukoudi at the back solid. All the youngsters coming through with another years experience.  

For me the only way to answer this question is to assume we will be in the championship next season. Until we are relegated i think we will squeek it out because as someone said the table doesn't lie

This season will probably be finished during the autumn, then with postponed euro2020 happening in the summer I think the FA cup and league cup will be played new year till Easter.

with all things being good full season 21/22 as normal.

with all nations being at different stages of the crisis and no one wanting any second peak, I think expecting a normal season to start in August not impossible but likely improbable. The nation will want football back but a full season may not be possible so might be used as a test of how to run a league with World Cup slap bang in middle maybe.

13 hours ago, Borodane said:

From that article: "From the outside looking in, it looks like Steve Gibson always wants to retain a moderate control of footballing decisions, which obviously won’t appeal to high calibre Directors of Football"

Brilliant. Gibson has really shown that he knows football. Just hire someone who actually knows the game and how to run a club.

It's no wonder Karanka threw a wobbler. And clear why Steve Round turned down the opportunity to be Woodgate's assistant yes man.

22 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m not too worried about next season, I’m more concerned as to when we’ll finish this one. 

I think this one is already finished. But no idea when the next one will start. Could be next year. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's not Woody i'm bothered about, it's our recruitment team.

I actually think we will be far better next season.

Robert's will be massive, Gibson and Moukoudi at the back solid. All the youngsters coming through with another years experience.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TheJew said:

Robert's will be massive, Gibson and Moukoudi at the back solid. All the youngsters coming through with another years experience.

A lot of ifs and buts there.

And lets not forget our squad this season was not that bad that it should be hovering 2pts above the relegation zone.

If Gibson wants to blame other managers for our current position then he fan carry on living in cloud cuckoo land but everyone knows this squad would not be where it is with a half decent manager at the helm.

Back the manager all you want but our recruitment team has done little for anyone to have any confidence in it and same applies to our current manager

On 3/14/2020 at 12:12 PM, Maccarone said:

Didn't think Harold was staying beyond this season? And Gibson will that ever happen? 

We have the option to buy in Harold with rumor be 3-4 million price tag. The idea is Ayala isnt returning so you can replace him then.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:55 AM, Borodane said:

From that article: "From the outside looking in, it looks like Steve Gibson always wants to retain a moderate control of footballing decisions, which obviously won’t appeal to high calibre Directors of Football"

Brilliant. Gibson has really shown that he knows football. Just hire someone who actually knows the game and how to run a club.

And there lies the ultimate problem.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:01 AM, TheJew said:

Will we have Roberts next season?

3 hours ago, CanadianBoro said:

We have the option to buy in Harold with rumor be 3-4 million price tag. The idea is Ayala isnt returning so you can replace him then.

I’d think there is a good chance he doesn’t want to stay. 

4 hours ago, Borodane said:

I’d think there is a good chance he doesn’t want to stay. 

Why wouldn't he? He'd be a starting CB in the championship (if we stayed up) and i believe he enjoys it team which was why he wanted to come here on loan above others.