oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OzzyPorter

Squad to begin next season

2 hours ago, OzzyPorter said:

Absolutely. I watched the Leicester game the other night against Villa and both N'didi and then I think it was Mendy who came on.  very much the archetypal holding player. Its all about pace and power and strength and energy in that role now. Djiksteel has those attributes. He'd certainly be better in that role than as a right back!

Worrying indictment of our managers ability to identify players that suit his formation and positions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Duvel said:

I wonder whether certain people at the football club are encouraged to sign up to fans forums and paint a rosy picture of what's going on. 

Why do you think I post on here? 👍

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

If we stay up we have :

Roberts, Gibson and Moukoudi in. Howson staying.

Fry expected to go. Ayala expected to go. Shotton going. Gestede going. Clayton expected to go.

Britt?  Fletcher?  Saville?  McNair?   They expected to stick around or are those still up in the air a bit?

15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why do you think I post on here? 👍

You are too sensible to have a job at MFC (and that isn't a compliment)

• Like 1

Just now, Duvel said:

You are too sensible to have a job at MFC (and that isn't a compliment)

Not a compliment to them or to me? 🤔

Fletcher to stay. McNair to stay.

Saville I dont know. Britt expected to leave but Woodgate wants to keep him.

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Not a compliment to them or to me? 🤔

To you! 

57 minutes ago, Duvel said:

There you have it. We are in deep trouble financially and we will have to make massive cutbacks this summer too in order to comply with FFP. Big sales before thinking about purchases. 30 million operating loss despite parachute payments. That puts us at 65 million operating loss before transfers. Horrendous reading. I really can’t see us having any money at all to spend despite making a decent transfer profit of around 10 million this season and slashing the wage bill. Even if we’d slash the wage bill by 15 million we still have an operating loss of around 40 million. Mind blowing and extremely concerning. 

We'll be releasing a lot of high earners in the summer, that'll be millions off the wage bill.

Selling Assombalonga will be £5m+.

Fry may be sold, we'll get a promotion bonus from Bamford and possibly Forshaw.

21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

There you have it. We are in deep trouble financially and we will have to make massive cutbacks this summer too in order to comply with FFP. Big sales before thinking about purchases. 30 million operating loss despite parachute payments. That puts us at 65 million operating loss before transfers. Horrendous reading. I really can’t see us having any money at all to spend despite making a decent transfer profit of around 10 million this season and slashing the wage bill. Even if we’d slash the wage bill by 15 million we still have an operating loss of around 40 million. Mind blowing and extremely concerning. 

I think it's not quite as simple as that.  The operating loss comes almost totally from player amortisation and player wages and those figures should be a lot lower in this next set of accounts - if I understand it correctly that is.  It's essentially a result of our spending in the transfer market and how that is shown in the accounts, which we already knew about as that's all of the players we've bought over the last few seasons who are still at the club.

I think what's going to happen in the next set of accounts is that we will lose the broadcasting revenue but we will also have reduced our wage bill significantly to somewhere near £20m.  That's by far the bigger expenditure we have.  We'll end up making a loss on our revenue to wages of about £8m to £10m, which certainly isn't great like.  The player amortisation figure should be lower because so many players are out of contract that we signed over the last few seasons, some of them have already left and we haven't added much to it last summer or the summer before.  We'll obviously sell a couple in the summer either way and they should offset that amount in the same way that selling Gibson, Bamford and Traore did in the summer they were sold.  It's a convoluted way of selling players to pay for your player purchases - you're just doing it in different periods and it's showing up in the accounts in a different way than it does in reality.  I don't think we'll have any issues making FFP over the three years we can see and then over this current year and the previous two years.

I think we'll see these departures in the summer:

Contract:
Gestede
Friend
Johnson
Shotton

Fees:
Assombalonga
McNair (hope not, but I think he'll be in demand from other clubs)
Clayton
Potentially Dael Fry

I reckon the way it's going that all of our out of contract players will leave at the end of the season, even if some sign back on with us after. Kind of like what Woody did with us in our promotion season.

6 hours ago, Will said:

Worrying indictment of our managers ability to identify players that suit his formation and positions.

I prefer to look at it as trying to buy a Gucci suit in TK Max. Impossible. 

He will have a bit more room to manoeuvre this summer. 

Hopefully.