oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

3 hours ago, Borodane said:

Well the rest of the games in Denmark in March are played behind closed doors. The prime minister has said that everyone should avoid gatherings of more than 1000 persons. I find it very over reactive and I’m a bit miffed with the behind closed doors thing. But I don’t think you can postpone seasons now. 

I understand your sentiment but in theory with a new virus that a human host has no immunity to it is the right thing to do.  It is all about containment at the minute, which will buy time for it to either die out or time for a vaccine to be Produced. Most people who get it will be fine but we all have a responsibility to the old, very young, immunosuppressed and those undergoing chemotherapy to reduce the risk of this spreading throughout the community. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

I reckon we’ll start seeing games cancelled here late March or early April. Things are starting to look bad in France and Germany now, we’ll probably see games being cancelled over there soon

22 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

They'll have to just cancel the season in my opinion and start afresh in August/September time. Its the only fair way isn't it?

I would love that. As Liverpool would win the league but there would always be a little * next to it saying season stopped early 😂

• Haha 1

I don't think it would be fair to award anything in any of the leagues and equally all relegations would have to be null and void. The whole season would be abandoned. There is a precedent in England when the league was abandoned in 1939 when war broke out. At the end of the day peoples health and safety comes a long way before a game of football.

There are ways of handling this which don't require leagues to be cancelled. This isn't expected to last forever. It will, at absolute worst, be postponed. Whilst the spread is quite fast, I suspect that we're still some way away from postponement. We haven't even gone so far as enforcing going behind closed doors yet in this country.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

I don't think it would be fair to award anything in any of the leagues and equally all relegations would have to be null and void. The whole season would be abandoned. There is a precedent in England when the league was abandoned in 1939 when war broke out. At the end of the day peoples health and safety comes a long way before a game of football.

What if, hypothetically, Liverpool already mathematically couldnt be caught by the time the league was ended? Surely they deserve it then?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, OzzyPorter said:

They abandoned that season about three games in because we'd just gone to war.  I don't think it's much of a comparison to where we are at the moment.  I think this season won't be abandoned, it'll either be postponed and played later in the year or they'll just finalise the standings as they are if they feel they have to.  What they will have to think about though is relegation and promotion.  The leagues run themselves so they will have to vote on it.  I'd half expect the Premier League to cancel relegation if this happened but slip the Football League some money to try and keep them sweet.  The Football League might follow suit and leave everything as is or they might decide to go ahead with promotion and relegation between their own divisions.  I don't think there's any chance at all of the season simply being written off though, just won't happen with so much of it already played.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, OzzyPorter said:

They'll have to just cancel the season in my opinion and start afresh in August/September time. Its the only fair way isn't it?

Did a scouser run off with your missus? You seem to have an irrational hatred of Liverpool or are you a closet Man U fan? Let them have the league title for goodness sake. 

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Did a scouser run off with your missus? You seem to have an irrational hatred of Liverpool or are you a closet Man U fan? Let them have the league title for goodness sake. 

I think it will be funny if they win it without playing, just to make it feel like the least satisfying title win ever. Although I doubt their fans will care!

On 3/6/2020 at 1:03 PM, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Do your research..  

It's passed via touch and people sneezing all over you.  It is not airborne.n wash hands and cover your mouth if you sneeze.  

I'm not saying balls to all over 60's.  My point is that the vast majority of people believe what is put on the internet.  Huge recession incoming due to the hype caused by the media.  It's a joke.

It's the way the world is now.  Panic!

Well in Italy I think they actually have a reason to panic now.

Still - 16m people - basically the whole of northern Italy in virtual lockdown now.

Thats when you know *** has got serious.

For now, I don't think we have anything to panic about. But it seems we're still not being too clever about the basics, despite the repeated advice to wash your hands & catch your coughs / sneezes etc. in tissues. 🙄

On 3/6/2020 at 1:18 PM, Changing Times said:

I bet Gibson is rubbing his hands together just thinking about another potential opportunity to sue someone!

I hope he doesn't give himself the virus though 🤔

I wonder if thats why Ben has come back...to take over in case something happens to his old man? 😁

On 3/6/2020 at 3:37 PM, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Yeah I was reading that the other day, two bits stood out for me which I sort of suspected anyway;

One was “Every novel disease that comes out of China instantly seems to gain the description ‘pandemic’.....

.....Covid-19 seems to fit neatly with our fears about Huawei spying on our phones and Chinese manufacturers stealing our jobs.”

And another bit basically saying; Brexit went through with incident, USA v Iran standoff fizzled out, the bushfires in Australia have died down now. So we need a new thing to be hysterical about. It’s like the world just bounce from one non crisis to the next without stopping to think about it.

I'm becoming convinced it’s just the illuminati keeping us all in state of fear and panic! 👁

illuminati conspiracy GIF