• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

Ireland gone into lockdown from 6PM today. Schools and colleges closed, no gatherings of over 100 indoor and 500 outdoor. Working from home encouraged where possible, shops can stay open, restaurants too but must use social distancing. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Us teachers are being asked to prepare lessons for kids to do at home. School closures very close.

Am teaching in Kazakhstan today it was announced schools shut for 3 weeks and that no kazakh is allowed to fly out of the country. Getting the kids set up on dr frost maths, seneca learning, and diagnostic questions all free and easy ish to use

On 3/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Media hype!!!

Everyone should research the virus.  For most people under 60 it'll be like the common flu.  We lived through sars, swine flu etc. Years ago so don't flap.  The one big thing that wasn't around last time was social media.  Smart phones, YouTube, WhatsApp etc.

Hysteria caused by the media..

Oh hell I'm 62 and off to Poland tomorrow for the weekend, should I cancel.
To be fair there is a risk but we have decided to go ahead based on the assumption that by staying home we could just as well catch the virus popping down to Tesco. The wife works at a college so there is another possibility. 
On average in the UK  17,000 people die of flu each year, globally 646,0000. As of today 6 people have died in the UK. The Corona Virus will not simply disappear and it’s going to be around for years not days and it will need a vaccine to help protect people. 
Of course we should be worried it’s a very dangerous virus and it’s now pandemic but I agree the media is whipping the public into a frenzy. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

They also need to clamp down on live animal markets where a variety of wild species that would never normally cross paths are kept in cramped, hot, dirty conditions. Then people eat them right after all that cross-exposure. It's the perfect storm for creating new diseases. 

That's a contributing factor as to why we have these viruses and diseases, and a lot of it what you said above comes down to greed from people who are prepared to put peoples life's at risk for profit, they should be put up against a wall.

3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

That's a contributing factor as to why we have these viruses and diseases, and a lot of it what you said above comes down to greed from people who are prepared to put peoples life's at risk for profit, they should be put up against a wall.

This time I believe it comes down to the weird eating habits of the chinese people. The stuff they eat and the hygiene of where they eat it are bound to come back and haunt them and thus the rest of the world. 

21 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

It's like Brexit all over again.

In that they're both terrible and will result in lots of suffering throughout the country? This is the most spot on thing you've said on this thread!

47 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Ireland gone into lockdown from 6PM today. Schools and colleges closed, no gatherings of over 100 indoor and 500 outdoor. Working from home encouraged where possible, shops can stay open, restaurants too but must use social distancing. 

I expect UK and Ireland to mirror each other in actions, due to neither country being part of Schengen area and island nations, 

Coordination between certain blocks of countries taking certain actions could see splits between nations. The US ban on flights specifically mentions that UK is exempt and so is Ireland, but as Ireland in EU it’s government will be under immense pressure to side with EU in both opposition to this and tell US Ireland is in EU so if no travel from EU then no travel from Ireland.

Press conference at 1:30 pm I think. It will outline what has happened in the COBRA meeting

Edit: Or maybe not.. Still in the meeting

Edited by BoroJake
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Does that mean each table will have their own waitress/waiter?

And how do you separate the workers.

With the life span of the virus not known measures will be long standing