oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Suspend the season for a period of time and then play it out if/when things settle down over the summer.  Delay Euro 2020 until next summer.  The players will still be getting time off, it'll just be now instead of June so that shouldn't be too much of a problem and Euro 2020 is spread around so any financial burden of it being postponed until next summer won't fall on one country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51859548

I'm an influential man 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Suspend the season for a period of time and then play it out if/when things settle down over the summer.  Delay Euro 2020 until next summer.  The players will still be getting time off, it'll just be now instead of June so that shouldn't be too much of a problem and Euro 2020 is spread around so any financial burden of it being postponed until next summer won't fall on one country.

Sensible suggestion for once

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Either that or Aleksander Ceferin's PA. 😜

In related news the Australian Grand Prix has been cancelled. Looks as though the F1 season won't start until the Dutch GP (1st May) at the earliest.

WHO has officially designated coronavirus as a pandemic.

Various countries closing their borders, Ireland closing academic institutions and restricting travel.

I think sporting schedules are going to be way down the priority list when it comes to maintaining any semblance of normality (though in my little corner of the world, life goes on as normal...for now...).

Edited by AnglianRed

NHL about to suspend season for at least 3 weeks. NBA has as well. MLB is likely delaying season start. KHL still going on with their hockey playoffs.

So the Premier League and lower levels there still haven't officially suspended? Its interesting they haven't done so and cancelled the games including this week. Shut it down for 30 days and see if you can resume the season. 

2 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

NHL about to suspend season for at least 3 weeks. NBA has as well. MLB is likely delaying season start. KHL still going on with their hockey playoffs.

So the Premier League and lower levels there still haven't officially suspended? Its interesting they haven't done so and cancelled the games including this week. Shut it down for 30 days and see if you can resume the season. 

They say that the science doesn't support it at this stage and they don't want to take those kinds of measures too early.  It won't be long though I reckon, it's just a question of numbers.  They are asking people who have any symptoms to stay at home for at least 7 days.  I think what they are trying to do is keep as many resources free for the most serious cases as possible and for everyone else to just get through it at home basically.

2 hours ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

I'm no spring chicken mate.  I'm just not a sheep, opinions are like *** holes.  We all have one.  But if anyone disagrees with your opinion on here then you are branded a fool

This will not be tolerated and apologies if you were called that.

Thats interesting.... The NBA was going to play without fans yesterday morning and it only took 1 player to become infected to change course in 10 hrs and suspend the season. NHL is suspending without a confirmed case to be cautious. But these soccer leagues who have many more players confirmed still feel it isnt necessary at this time. 

I think the inaction of the government is quite shocking to be honest. Are people really going to follow 7 days of isolation as soon as they get a cough or fever? I highly doubt this and it’ll more than likely do nothing to slow the spread of the virus

20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They say that the science doesn't support it at this stage and they don't want to take those kinds of measures too early.  It won't be long though I reckon, it's just a question of numbers.  They are asking people who have any symptoms to stay at home for at least 7 days.  I think what they are trying to do is keep as many resources free for the most serious cases as possible and for everyone else to just get through it at home basically.

Yet the science in almost every country does support it.. if they hadnt spent 10 years cutting those very resources we would be much more prepared for this and wed be able to take precautions now to protect our vulnerable citizens. Whole thing is a disgrace.

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

I think the inaction of the government is quite shocking to be honest. Are people really going to follow 7 days of isolation as soon as they get a cough or fever? I highly doubt this and it’ll more than likely do nothing to slow the spread of the virus

What exactly are the government supposed to do if the people don't follow their advice?

I'm not a Tory voter and never have been, those who have seen my political rants on the occasion they come out will know that. But BJ has just stood up flanked by two of the highest ranking medical officers in the country and allowed them the opportunity to drive our country's strategy. I don't quite know why anyone in their right mind would look at the two men standing by his side and think they're not making the right call based on the best of their knowledge. We should listen to them because if we can't trust those 2, who the sodding hell can we trust?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Thats interesting.... The NBA was going to play without fans yesterday morning and it only took 1 player to become infected to change course in 10 hrs and suspend the season. NHL is suspending without a confirmed case to be cautious. But these soccer leagues who have many more players confirmed still feel it isnt necessary at this time. 

Did you see the thing about the Utah Jazz player who came into a press conference and rubbed all the journos microphones, before finding out he himself was infected? What a bell end.

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yet the science in almost every country does support it.. if they hadnt spent 10 years cutting those very resources we would be much more prepared for this and wed be able to take precautions now to protect our vulnerable citizens. Whole thing is a disgrace.

I am truly there with you on that point but we are where we are and we have to listen to the experts in how to move forward. As mentioned earlier, the time to take down those responsible for what has happened and what will happen is going to come. Now is unfortunately not that time.