oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This was just an hour ago.

Which is before it was announced that Arteta had contracted it.

I'd not be surprised if they still ploughed ahead, but circumstances have changed again.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

Crazy how something that's literally only been in the public eye for 3/4 months has totally derailed people's lives and the footballing season. Wonder if EFL games will still persist or will that change if someone picks up symptoms after weekends round of fixtures

Says everything you need to know about the premier league that they've needed an actual confirmed case for them to actually take any action beyond "no shaking hands". Completely reactive again rather than be proactive, and completely money grabbing as usual without a care in the world that people will die.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Says everything you need to know about the premier league that they've needed an actual confirmed case for them to actually take any action beyond "no shaking hands". Completely reactive again rather than be proactive, and completely money grabbing as usual without a care in the world that people will die.

It’s all about money and knock on contractual obligations in everything nowadays not just sport, acting unilaterally is out of the question for any sporting team as there now little sympathy as almost every club hangs by a very precarious financial thread.

solicitors will be combing various contracts with an eye for which clauses allow them to be broken without financial penalties. With La Liga acting in the way they have I expect most other top leagues will follow their example and once stopped they won’t start again till everything ok.

The Olympics will be the big one to watch, how they act will be the benchmark for others as they probably the richest organisation with the most urgent need to postpone/cancel followed by UEFA. 

The Euros are almost certainly going to be moved to 2021.

The football calender is going to be completely out of sync for years now.

It's fully understandable with this virus, even if it's sad, but then the World Cup is in December in 2022 because of corruption.