oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

Just now, Duvel said:

If the season restarts in July (for example), I wonder what that means for our players who'll be out of contract by then?

That’s a very good question. In theory, if we don’t renew any of their contracts and haven’t signed any new players by then, we might not have enough players to finish out the season. Strange times indeed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

If games can't be played... would the fairest thing be to just start the leagues again next year with the same teams? Struggling to see where the EFL will fit 10 or so rounds of fixtures in before the next season at this rate.

Surely you cannot relegate a team if they still had a chance to save themselves. Imagine if we hadn't beaten Charlton... 

Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

If games can't be played... would the fairest thing be to just start the leagues again next year with the same teams? Struggling to see where the EFL will fit 10 or so rounds of fixtures in before the next season at this rate.

Surely you cannot relegate a team if they still had a chance to save themselves. Imagine if we hadn't beaten Charlton... 

I think the focus has to be finishing this season whenever that is. Then they'll have to look at how next season is scheduled, that might have to be a season with reduced games potentially.  

Would imagine that games will still be played when they can, even if it meant pushing the last ten games back to August and starting next season 2 months after that. Cant see any way that this season can just be written off.

15 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Just play two games a week. Could finish the season from mid-May to end of June. The playoffs might be an extra week or two for those involved. Maybe start 1 May behind closed doors if possible.

Start next season late and only play each team once I think would be the fairest solution. Obviously the home/away thing will be contentious but if you have seedings and equal home and away games then its easily ironed out.

The only right thing to do is cancel it and start again. 

over to you Liverpool fans 😂😂😂

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Start next season late and only play each team once I think would be the fairest solution. Obviously the home/away thing will be contentious but if you have seedings and equal home and away games then its easily ironed out.

I was thinking maybe we do something similar to the SPL. Play each other once, then play everyone in the same half as you. That way, you can make 28 games (in the PL).

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

If the season restarts in July (for example), I wonder what that means for our players who'll be out of contract by then?

I mentioned this before. I wonder if maybe they confirm it will be played during that time that maybe we will ask to provide short-term extensions. The transfer window surely has to remain closed too.