oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

9 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Everyone's just having to play it by ear

Sorry mate but that isn't acceptable. We have a department of health that should have plans in place for global pandemic scenarios. They may not have every variable understood, but control methods and disaster mitigation should exist already. Playing it by ear means that no one has learnt a thing from previous pandemics, either here or more recently in africa and asia, and that our leadership have been negligent in preparation. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ABH said:

It was never government policy. 

So they need to get their communication sorted. When the PM stands in front of a camera umming, ahhhing, and pointing to other people to answer, and the only actual statement of substance about spread control is 'herd immunity' then they need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask if they are the people capable of leading this crisis. It was embarrassing. Get up there and tell us what you are doing NOW, not that lots of people will die and at some point (2022?) herd immunity will stop the spread.

13 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Have we had any confirmed oneboro cases yet? 

feeling a little 'off' today, probably psychosomatic since I found out that two people on my floor in my office have gone down with it. To be fair I haven't been in the office for 2 weeks though, so hopefully, ok

30 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Well I got three cases of Guinness this morning when I got wind of the pubs closing for two weeks 😀

• Haha 4
43 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

We need to implement some sort of 'no quoting' quarantine so that we can't get sick off of other people's posts... 

• Haha 1

Who else is able to and is being directed to work from home soon or already?

In an industry like mine it makes sense. We're on computers all day, there are some quirks to make sure everything runs smoothly but generally we're hearing a lot of companies going into lockdown. Me and my wife both work at different companies in the same industry and we've already had one person who has potentially caught the virus in each place so efforts have been stepped up to make sure things don't shut down entirely.

I'm worried for people who work in non-essential areas of retail who may be forced to go home, I've already heard some won't be paid and the government is being pushed to extend some form of SSP to them. Given the reputation of the universal benefits scheme, I'm really worried some are going to go without.

• Like 1

Got a call from my Ops Director today saying that the client at the offices where we work have advised the workforce to work from home. Not sure where that leaves me and my catering team tomorrow!!!!

4 minutes ago, trekkers said:

Got a call from my Ops Director today saying that the client at the offices where we work have advised the workforce to work from home. Not sure where that leaves me and my catering team tomorrow!!!!

Just send them some e-sandwiches 🥪

35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who else is able to and is being directed to work from home soon or already?

In an industry like mine it makes sense. We're on computers all day, there are some quirks to make sure everything runs smoothly but generally we're hearing a lot of companies going into lockdown. Me and my wife both work at different companies in the same industry and we've already had one person who has potentially caught the virus in each place so efforts have been stepped up to make sure things don't shut down entirely.

I'm worried for people who work in non-essential areas of retail who may be forced to go home, I've already heard some won't be paid and the government is being pushed to extend some form of SSP to them. Given the reputation of the universal benefits scheme, I'm really worried some are going to go without.

I work in supported living supporting vulnerable adults with learning disabilities, no chance of me working from home... 

• Sad 1