oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just a thought. If more and more countries implement shut downs will the internet slow down or even crash. 
if you think about the amount who will be using the internet while in isolation, it’s a possibility. Just think we will have to start talking to each other again. 

I don't think the internet can slow down or crash😁 it'll probably just be local server parks. However I doubt you'll feel anything. Certain websites might see increased traffic though.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, trekkers said:

The company who we cater for has now globally told all staff to work from home so as of tomorrow they have no catering needs. Very worrying times for me and my team!!!!

That’s a massive blow, I’m feeling it too, I work freelance and the work has totally dried up in the TV industry. 

28 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I don't think the internet can slow down or crash😁 it'll probably just be local server parks. However I doubt you'll feel anything. Certain websites might see increased traffic though.

I'm glad we chose this past year to invest in blu-rays from CeX so we won't be affected if Netflix somehow hits peaks!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm glad we chose this past year to invest in blu-rays from CeX so we won't be affected if Netflix somehow hits peaks!

Blu-Rays. Pah! I'm still watching DVDs over here.

With hindsight, Disney+ is launching at the perfect time, with all this self-isolation going on. It's Disney's servers I fear for, as legions of bored children rewatch Cars for the 1,000,000,000,000th time.

I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, but I need to manage a team of people remotely who are also all working from home - thats pretty challenging. I have 2 small kids but my wife currently does not work, so thankfully she can look after them during the day and leave me some peace to work in. This is going to be tough though for the foreseeable future! 

• Like 1

The military on the other hand have committed 10,000 to help support the government in its fight against COVID-19. So actually more work for me is likely than less 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The military on the other hand have committed 10,000 to help support the government in its fight against COVID-19. So actually more work for me is likely than less 

Can you pick my takeaway up and drop it off to save me having to leave the house then please? 👍

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Can you pick my takeaway up and drop it off to save me having to leave the house then please? 👍

Just lol if you're not using Just Eat for all your takeaways these days. They even do a "contactless delivery" option now if you pay by card!

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Anything that means dealing face to face with people less is a good thing in my eyes, you pay a little bit more using Just Eat but for me it's worth it 😛

I'm no hipster 😎

Feel like I'm caught in a storm here as a teacher. Mixed messages from government. Not closing yet but not ruling it out. If so, when? Why are our institutions still open when the whole FECKING CONTINENT is closed??? How am I supposed to explain that to my students??

Kids scared. Parents scared and angry. Colleagues and managers at a loss. Exam schedules in bits. AAAAARGH

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Feel like I'm caught in a storm here as a teacher. Mixed messages from government. Not closing yet but not ruling it out. If so, when? Why are our institutions still open when the whole FECKING CONTINENT is closed??? How am I supposed to explain that to my students??

Kids scared. Parents scared and angry. Colleagues and managers at a loss. Exam schedules in bits. AAAAARGH

What is the current situation with exams?