oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

It will be interesting to see whether FFP is abolished now. It seems unreasonable to expect clubs with huge outgoings on player salaries and stadium maintenance but no income from matchday attendances to balance their books. 

It's possible broadcasters won't even make scheduled payments to the leagues if matches aren't taking place. Yet I bet every Boro player will be receiving their full salary, even if they're asked to stay at home rather than train or play any games.

The company that owns the TV rights have stopped payments to the clubs while there are no matches on TV. They've also cut the monthly fee to about a quarter for all subscribers of the sports packages to stop people from cancelling their subscriptions. Lot's a Danish clubs are going to miss out on a lot of money when they can't sell tickets or recieve TV money.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

They can simply ignore this year if they want to.  It's their own rules so they can do whatever they like really.

I can't see them doing this, would just result in clubs dumping a load of expenditure into this years accounts. For example, excluding this coming years accounts would be phenomenally good for us from an FFP standpoint.

52 minutes ago, Will said:

I can't see them doing this, would just result in clubs dumping a load of expenditure into this years accounts. For example, excluding this coming years accounts would be phenomenally good for us from an FFP standpoint.

Quite probably true but there's only so much time left in the year, and if I remember rightly, the clubs have to submit figures for this current year in March i.e. now.  Obviously it's not the final accounts for the year but it's the year up until that point, and an estimation of the remaining few months, so I would think that it would be relatively easy to compare what they have at this moment in time and what the clubs submit as the final accounts and disallow anything that looks like clubs are trying it on a bit.  They aren't going to remove FFP but they can make allowances for the current situation easily enough.

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

The company that owns the TV rights have stopped payments to the clubs while there are no matches on TV. They've also cut the monthly fee to about a quarter for all subscribers of the sports packages to stop people from cancelling their subscriptions. Lot's a Danish clubs are going to miss out on a lot of money when they can't sell tickets or recieve TV money.

Will Sky do this?

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Just heard from my lad all zizi and ask Italian restaurant's will be shut from 1600hrs today for the foreseeable future, I guess others will follow.

It's my wedding anniversary today, so me and the missus went to a restaurant in our home town in South Lanarkshire. We thought it'd be an impromptu chef's table, but it was surprisingly busy - and almost entirely with people in their 60s and 70s. There's clearly still demand among people wanting to eat out, so it's a shame two of the better chain restaurants are closing. Understandable, given the blanket closures being put in place across the public sector, but sad for the staff, and a shame for people who want to enjoy normal life while they still can. There are going to be some very bored and frustrated people in the coming months, and that's just in our house!

18 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

It's my wedding anniversary today, so me and the missus went to a restaurant in our home town in South Lanarkshire. We thought it'd be an impromptu chef's table, but it was surprisingly busy - and almost entirely with people in their 60s and 70s. There's clearly still demand among people wanting to eat out, so it's a shame two of the better chain restaurants are closing. Understandable, given the blanket closures being put in place across the public sector, but sad for the staff, and a shame for people who want to enjoy normal life while they still can. There are going to be some very bored and frustrated people in the coming months, and that's just in our house!

And thats the primary reason they've tried to delay implementing these measures as long as possible (well...after the scientific principle that it wouldn't help much at the time).

Its all very well shutting down schools, businesses, public transport etc. but people start to get cabin fever (no pun intended) after a while. On top of that, it has massive economic consequences, right across the board.

In France they're already having to hand out hefty fines (around €300) to people for being out and about, without permission.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

All schools to close from Friday. Children of key workers and the most vulnerable members of society to still attend.

If that doesn't spell "Watch the first hour of a 90s film every lesson" for key workers' kids, I don't know what would.

13 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

He is the groups chief operations Manager and the losses they will incur per month is frightening. My other son's girlfriend works at our local Zizi and I told her before her Manager confirmed she would not have a job to go to, if at all.

No contract hours just part time what hope of her getting money?

She lives at my place and soon will not be able to contribute! 

13 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

And thats the primary reason they've tried to delay implementing these measures as long as possible (well...after the scientific principle that it wouldn't help much at the time).

Its all very well shutting down schools, businesses, public transport etc. but people start to get cabin fever (no pun intended) after a while. On top of that, it has massive economic consequences, right across the board.

In France they're already having to hand out hefty fines (around €300) to people for being out and about, without permission.

I like walking in fact it helps keep away issues with blood pressure, diabetes maintaining or losing weight so all in all good for you.

Will I have to sneak out to the local fields and hope that I am not seen by helicopters because I can see me being caught

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

I like walking in fact it helps keep away issues with blood pressure, diabetes maintaining or losing weight so all in all good for you.

Will I have to sneak out to the local fields and hope that I am not seen by helicopters because I can see me being caught

At the moment it’s fine to go out walking in fairly isolated areas. I spent Saturday walking on the South Downs, it was really therapeutic and made a real change from thinking about football or deciding which pub to go to, once this is all over, I will continue these pursuits.