oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

1 hour ago, guineapig said:

Ash, serious question, how do you know it's not just ordinary flu.  A constant cough is one of the symptoms of this virus

I have the cough too but it's not as bad as it was!

• Wow 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Indeed all the best Ash, not knowing if you have it or not must be difficult and when if possible would you be tested?

I went into 15 local shops today not a single egg anywhere nor toilet paper, called Daniel, he lives out in the sticks and the village shop had plenty of eggs.

Thank you, hope you're well! I would like to have been tested and I think we should be testing anyone with symptoms and if positive, make sure there are no underlying health issues that they don't know about. I'm 4 days into it and I'm not getting any worse luckily!

It's madness, apparently the shelves are empty in most of the supermarkets. I understand people doing two weeks worth of shopping if they're going into self isolation (two of whatever they need) but not to the extent where they're clearing the shelves. The toilet paper one is really annoying me because the virus doesn't affect your bowel movements at all 😂

Edited by Ash
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Players and directors of German club Borussia Gladbach have forfitted their salary during the crisis in order to help save the jobs of others at the club. Nice gesture from the highest paid staff at the club, although there is bound to be players on the edge of the team who will be feeling it opposed to the highest paid stars.

• Like 4

Btw if they somehow decide to freeze the league tables now that win at Charlton is going to so extremely lucky. Not that I think it's going to happen.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Btw if they somehow decide to freeze the league tables now that win at Charlton is going to so extremely lucky. Not that I think it's going to happen.

Well the PL have confirmed that they intend to finish their season, by hook or by crook...and the cancellation of Euro 2020 gives them some extra breathing space. They have said this season will be extended "indefinitely".

While there will be no EFL football until May at the earliest, there is still a reasonable chance (at the moment) that the rest of the leagues will be able to complete their schedules.

At the moment, we can still reasonably hope this can be done, but obviously it will be an ongoing assessment, based on government advice.

5 hours ago, Ash said:

I have the virus and I'm really struggling to get out of bed but I have to because I have other people to look after. I'm constantly exhausted, EVERYTHING is aching and I keep going from being too hot to freezing cold and shivering. I feel really weak but this is not the illest I've ever been (it will obviously affect certain groups of people differently) but it's definitely not nice. Still don't feel the urge to stockpile toilet paper, though.

This sounds exactly what my entire family had just before Christmas. Plus a constant chesty cough. We all got rid of it and it came back again a week later. I'm not saying we had Covid-19 before it was known about but there's a chance we could have.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
32 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This sounds exactly what my entire family had just before Christmas. Plus a constant chesty cough. We all got rid of it and it came back again a week later. I'm not saying we had Covid-19 before it was known about but there's a chance we could have.

I think it did first come about around that time so it's definitely possible!

1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I had something similar too around that time. We live in mid wales so it could well of been covid 19 but until they start testing everyone we will never know.

It would take about 7.5 years to test everybody 😀

1 hour ago, ABH said:

It would take about 7.5 years to test everybody 😀

If they get enough RAPID test kits made, they could just mail them out to people to test themselves to see if they've had it. Then submit your results online or something

2 hours ago, Ash said:

I think it did first come about around that time so it's definitely possible!

The bugs that were going around at Xmas and new year were not the usual seasonal ailments, Neighbour is an ambulance paramedic and she said they were very much more intense and lots more folk needed ventilation than usual. 

Only time, boring books and tv documentaries in the future will give any answers as the what this thing really is, where it Came from and how it spread, we can only live through it, learn the lessons from it and hopefully create a better society afterwards because we won’t go back exactly to how things were.

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No evidence to support this theory just observation from tv, but the way the numbers in China went up so dramatically if they were mirroring the way it spread  across Europe then the time frame means China started its outbreak a lot earlier than the reports that it only started in December, and would tally with the way northern Italy is struggling now with experts thinking it was there a good 3-4 weeks before the first case was even identified based on how localised and how widespread it was.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The bugs that were going around at Xmas and new year were not the usual seasonal ailments, Neighbour is an ambulance paramedic and she said they were very much more intense and lots more folk needed ventilation than usual. 

Only time, boring books and tv documentaries in the future will give any answers as the what this thing really is, where it Came from and how it spread, we can only live through it, learn the lessons from it and hopefully create a better society afterwards because we won’t go back exactly to how things were.

No evidence to support this theory just observation from tv, but the way the numbers in China went up so dramatically if they were mirroring the way it spread  across Europe then the time frame means China started its outbreak a lot earlier than the reports that it only started in December, and would tally with the way northern Italy is struggling now with experts thinking it was there a good 3-4 weeks before the first case was even identified based on how localised and how widespread it was.

They’ve traced the virus back to 6 November I think. As the backwards country that China is they just kept it under wraps.