oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

40 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

If they get enough RAPID test kits made, they could just mail them out to people to test themselves to see if they've had it. Then submit your results online or something

I think you would be surprised at the % of people that would actually return them. Depending on where you live the uptake for cancer screening can be as low as 30%.  At the other end of the scale some people would want testing every other day. Every test kit has to be made to count so targeting them to the right people at the right time has to be the way to go. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I think you would be surprised at the % of people that would actually return them. Depending on where you live the uptake for cancer screening can be as low as 30%.  At the other end of the scale some people would want testing every other day. Every test kit has to be made to count so targeting them to the right people at the right time has to be the way to go. 

True, I suppose. We'll just have plain clothed doctors go around and stab people to collect their samples then. 😛

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

True, I suppose. We'll just have plain clothed doctors go around and stab people to collect their samples then. 😛

You could get a free pack of toilet roll with every test completed that would work 

• Haha 1

@Ash. Hope you get better as quickly as possible mate.

Hope everyone on here is keeping well as are all your loved ones. Take care and please take extra care in your basic day to day activities.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

They're talking about £1k fines for refusing a test now. That would sort out the issue of non-returns!

• Like 1

So we had the dreaded conference call today at work. We do not need to go back into work until 20th April at the earliest. Thankfully the client will pay our wages but I know many who work within our company that have clients who will not.

So after working 34 years in the catering industry I now have nowt to get up for at the minute apart from the prospect of being stuck in with the wife and kids for what will seem an eternity!!!!

3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

@Ash. Hope you get better as quickly as possible mate.

Hope everyone on here is keeping well as are all your loved ones. Take care and please take extra care in your basic day to day activities.

Thank you, look after yourself and yours!

10 hours ago, Borodane said:

They’ve traced the virus back to 6 November I think. As the backwards country that China is they just kept it under wraps. 

More than enough time for the start of the spread around the world without anyone knowing. How often are we told that people might not even know they have it so more than possible the early stages went by totally undetected and out into the population until significant cases were reported.

7 hours ago, trekkers said:

So we had the dreaded conference call today at work. We do not need to go back into work until 20th April at the earliest. Thankfully the client will pay our wages but I know many who work within our company that have clients who will not.

So after working 34 years in the catering industry I now have nowt to get up for at the minute apart from the prospect of being stuck in with the wife and kids for what will seem an eternity!!!!

Ironically my partner and I are just starting up a industrial catering business. Although we have family members who have had there own or managed catering, and some self professed cooks, it’s still been a steep learning curve for my partner and I. The thing is I am only doing it because I can’t secure a job in the oil and gas construction industry despite 45 years management experience. Apparently 62 years old is no longer employable. 

On Wednesday we traveled to Kent to view appliences and apart from trucks the roads were pretty quite, same on the way back. When we checked into the hotel it was pretty somber because the staff had been informed of closure the following day, which is not surprising because there was a total of 4 guests. Staff recounted stories of empty shelves and idiotic shoppers but the service stations we stoped at were all well stocked serving food.
One of the guests we spoke with works for Waitrose and stated there is no shortage of stock despite the media stoking panic. They simply can’t increase transport levels by hiring hundreds of trucks to distribute fast enough. Like for like, week by week they are 110% up on certain products and staff are working mass overtime. 

Edited by sanddancer

The Government are contacting 65k retired Doctors and trained medical staff asking them to consider coming back into the NHS on an immediate basis in preparation for the pandemic rise in the country.

Some will aid 111 for advise purposes others straight into the hospital and care facilities.

Good idea but does not bode well does it?

14 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This sounds exactly what my entire family had just before Christmas. Plus a constant chesty cough. We all got rid of it and it came back again a week later. I'm not saying we had Covid-19 before it was known about but there's a chance we could have.

How weird our family had a cough that came back round and the coughing was instigated mainly from the throat which was a dry cough. The wife works in a school so to be fair I end up with some weird and s#@@y stuff. 

15 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This sounds exactly what my entire family had just before Christmas. Plus a constant chesty cough. We all got rid of it and it came back again a week later. I'm not saying we had Covid-19 before it was known about but there's a chance we could have.

I think you were, as usual ahead of the curve and had Covid-17, you hipster you. 

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, Borodane said:

They’ve traced the virus back to 6 November I think. As the backwards country that China is they just kept it under wraps. 

China isn't a backwards country by any means. But being a Communist dictatorship they like to keep a tight grip on information and try to suppress anything that might cause panic or unrest in the population (a lot more so than democratic governments anyway).

Once they couldn't contain the news any longer, they moved with commendable speed to create the facilities to deal with it. Thats the flip side of dictatorships - once they decide to do something, they don't mess around and there are few hurdles to getting it done.

As to leaving things as long as they did - I think they were just like everyone else...caught out by a new disease they couldn't recognise and weren't sure how to treat / contain.