• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You could say the same about our own country.

You could, but throughout the last 4 years the opposition parties have stood up in parliament and argued against the government on many issues, especially Brexit. Maybe the Democrats ate constantly on Trump’s back, but as far as I can tell they aren’t. He’s more like a dictator than a president. 

6 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I do find it strange that there is no effective opposition in the USA. 

I think that New York Governor has come across very well and had he not been a democrat he would be an ideal candidate for the top job 

Actually the longer this situation drags on and let us be honest we all know that our freedom will be controlled for quite sometime, then the more chance of English Football following the Dutch will occur.

Honestly I see football being a thing of the past and maybe even 20/21 season not going ahead

20 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

So, how does allowing all healthy under 60s back to school and work protect the NHS and care workers more than what we're doing right now?

Testing isn't even close to the government target yet, so by your own criteria we should not do what you're suggesting. We aren't going to be wasting tests on the same people over and over again right now when we can't even test people who've got symptoms and have never been tested before.

Deaths are not the only thing tragic about COVID. The over 70s and otherwise vulnerable are trapped in their homes more than most. My in-laws are in that category and are having a bit of an existential crisis at the moment, they can't properly see their only grandchild who is only about 18 months old and who was previously making up such a large part of their elderly life. They can't see anyone at all, they can't go out to shops, they can go out for a bit of exercise if they get up really early and that's about it. I'm only 29 but I went through existential anxiety a year ago and it's terrifying. I was saved by being around other people. Going through that pretty much on your own, I can't even imagine.

It would be nice if people who are so willing to abandon those people to the solitude of their homes, whilst the rest of us get on with our lives apparently as normal, demonstrated a bit of compassion for them and their situations. And remember, if the people who are helping to keep them alive by delivering their supplies end up getting the virus because everyone is now allowed to do what they want again, these people might be forced out of their homes just to get those supplies themselves. So how safe will they really be?

On the + side my cars Doing 2 Months to a Litre...Pretty good 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Actually the longer this situation drags on and let us be honest we all know that our freedom will be controlled for quite sometime, then the more chance of English Football following the Dutch will occur.

Honestly I see football being a thing of the past and maybe even 20/21 season not going ahead

Far too many vested interests for the 20/21 season to be cancelled

31 minutes ago, oldman said:

Far too many vested interests for the 20/21 season to be cancelled

There are vested interests all over the place that have been affected by this dreadful virus, why would football be any different?

I can’t see a ball being kicked for a long time to come, the simplest option would be to cancel the season and give clubs time to sort out contracts etc ready for a new season when it eventually starts. Footballers seem a lot less important these days. 

• Like 1
On 4/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I do find it strange that there is no effective opposition in the USA. 

You have to remember that politics over there is quite different. The President doesn't "belong" to the party in the same way that our Prime Minister does. He is elected separately and stands apart, although he has to govern in conjunction with Congress. Currently the House of Representatives is controlled by the Democrats and the Senate by the Republicans.  In Obama's second term both parts of Congress were controlled by the Republicans, which is why he got nothing done other than through his executive orders (which Trump has spent four years reversing). The mystery to me is why the Republicans seem content to let Trump stand again in the next presidential election. He carries so much baggage there is a distinct possibility that he will lose, and they also may lose some of their seats in Congress (some of them are up for re-election at the same time) as collateral damage

6 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Surely the last thing they need right now is a general election. 

One of the only places in the world without a single case of Covid 19 and where any deaths are down to the will of the regime in the eyes of the public