oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

So there have been studies in Japan and China that show that corona virus very rarely infects people outside. The particles quickly disappear outside or are destroyed by the UV light. Inside is a different matter though as particles can stay in the room for at least 15 minutes. 

A new Danish study at Aarhus University shows that professional footballers are close to another player for an average of 1,5 minutes per match. Danish health authorities estimate that you need to be close to an infected person for 15 minutes.

Interesting findings. South Korea, Faroe Islands, Poland and Czech will start their leagues in May and Spain expect to be fully open in 8 weeks.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Borodane said:

So there have been studies in Japan and China that show that corona virus very rarely infects people outside. The particles quickly disappear outside or are destroyed by the UV light. Inside is a different matter though as particles can stay in the room for at least 15 minutes. 

A new Danish study at Aarhus University shows that professional footballers are close to another player for an average of 1,5 minutes per match. Danish health authorities estimate that you need to be close to an infected person for 15 minutes.

Interesting findings. South Korea, Faroe Islands, Poland and Czech will start their leagues in May and Spain expect to be fully open in 8 weeks.

That would indicate the pitch is fairly safe but what about the dressing room, the tunnel, the training ground etc.. 

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

That would indicate the pitch is fairly safe but what about the dressing room, the tunnel, the training ground etc.. 

There have been talks here that players come to the stadium in their kit and shower/change at home.

16 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Is that study saying that players only spend one and a half minutes per match close to another player?

what absolute nonsense.  

I haven't read the entire report. But they went through 14 matches analyzing how players interact. I'm guessing it's one and a half minute close to a particular opponent. I have no reason to doubt scientists from one of the most renowned universities in Denmark and in the top-100 in the world.

33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I haven't read the entire report. But they went through 14 matches analyzing how players interact. I'm guessing it's one and a half minute close to a particular opponent. I have no reason to doubt scientists from one of the most renowned universities in Denmark and in the top-100 in the world.

I don’t think the scientists have been very clear on what they actually mean. I think players spend an awful lot longer than 1.5 minutes per game less than 2m away from other players, which is surely the issue. 

6 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I don’t think the scientists have been very clear on what they actually mean. I think players spend an awful lot longer than 1.5 minutes per game less than 2m away from other players, which is surely the issue. 

I've just read a bit more details about the study. The study takes into consideration that 1 player on the pitch is affected with Covid-19. On average other players will be within 2 metres of that player for 1,5 minute during an entire match. Obviously it's higher for a man marking defender if it's the opposing striker that's affected. And it's less if it's a keeper that's affected. If two players are affected it goes up to 3 minutes on average. Those findings coupled with the fact that the health authorities state that you have to be within 2 metres for 15 minutes and that the virus very rarely transfers outside adds to the discussion that playing football isn't the biggest issue.

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Maybe the refs will have to start booking players if they spend too much time next to other players. 

Could book players for spitting and emptying their noses on the pitch which are some of the bigger concerns😲

I think it would be crazy to restart football until this pandemic is over. The death figures are not getting better in the UK unfortunately and it looks as though we are heading for the largest death toll in Europe.

The Premier League have come up with a plan called operation restart. They are hoping premier league teams will play on neutral grounds in front of cameras with no spectators.
A lot of the clubs are anti this idea due to logistics and the health concerns of players, many pundits are saying that football shouldn’t choose to restart purely to satisfy it’s paymasters at Sky.

These plans bear no relation to the rest of the football league, which are yet to come up with a plausible plan.

I would imagine that the most likely scenario would be for the season to end, the premier league to be expanded to 22 and for 2 teams from each division to be promoted with no relegations this season.

This would give clubs time to re-group, re negotiate contracts, buy and sell players, ready for next season which could potentially start in September.

Personally I think that the only football we’ll see this season will be the rest of the Champions League, but I’m not sure that will happen either.

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think it would be crazy to restart football until this pandemic is over. The death figures are not getting better in the UK unfortunately and it looks as though we are heading for the largest death toll in Europe.

The Premier League have come up with a plan called operation restart. They are hoping premier league teams will play on neutral grounds in front of cameras with no spectators.
A lot of the clubs are anti this idea due to logistics and the health concerns of players, many pundits are saying that football shouldn’t choose to restart purely to satisfy it’s paymasters at Sky.

These plans bear no relation to the rest of the football league, which are yet to come up with a plausible plan.

I would imagine that the most likely scenario would be for the season to end, the premier league to be expanded to 22 and for 2 teams from each division to be promoted with no relegations this season.

This would give clubs time to re-group, re negotiate contracts, buy and sell players, ready for next season which could potentially start in September.

Personally I think that the only football we’ll see this season will be the rest of the Champions League, but I’m not sure that will happen either.

With 5 relegation spots next season I wouldn't be very confident going into that season with Woodgate in charge.

• Like 1