oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

Oh heaven, just had my first draft IPA in 3 months. The Brewdog pub down the road from me has opened up to sell takeouts, 2 perfect pints of IPA on a sunny afternoon, it really does taste so much better than the canned stuff. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Good to see some beer talk! Im a head brewer for a brewery in York, you guys should check out Williams Brothers beers they are rare because they Scottish based but at the minute they have some good exclusive craft beers in Aldi for a limited time and there cracking! 

Some great brews coming out of York recently. I have drunk beers from Treboom, Ainsty, Rudgate and Brew York in the last few months.

• Thanks 1

I have had the Brew 33, Green Hop Monster, Valkyrie and my favourite the Brew 33 Triple Hop either in Middlesbrough (Sherlocks) or Leeds (Duck and Drake).  Thanks.

DZ, 

The Hazy O-G is great but they have really messed up Hazy Jane 5%. Not a great brew. Have you tried Triple Hazy? 9.5% of sheer indulgence. It was released in the Brewdog Online AGM pack in April and drinks so easy.

Dan,

One of my personal faves is Tonkoko by BrewYork.

Also, please tell me that Push Pineapple and Shake the Tree are not by Williams in Aldi. Probably 2 of the worst beers I've ever tasted.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, trekkers said:

DZ, 

The Hazy O-G is great but they have really messed up Hazy Jane 5%. Not a great brew. Have you tried Triple Hazy? 9.5% of sheer indulgence. It was released in the Brewdog Online AGM pack in April and drinks so easy.

Dan,

One of my personal faves is Tonkoko by BrewYork.

Also, please tell me that Push Pineapple and Shake the Tree are not by Williams in Aldi. Probably 2 of the worst beers I've ever tasted.

Yeah I was expecting a lot more from Hazy Jane, but it’s not one of BrewDog’s best ales, not tried the draught version yet, maybe that will work better. 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yeah I was expecting a lot more from Hazy Jane, but it’s not one of BrewDog’s best ales, not tried the draught version yet, maybe that will work better. 

Hazy Jane used to be great when it was original strength.

Then Brewdog made it into a 5% brew which is poor. Got to go for the Hazy O-G at 7.2% or even better the Triple Hazy at 9.5%

• Like 1

Anyone tried Three Brothers Brewing Co. near Stockton? 

My local in Oxford had AU and Trilogy on cask a while back and it was great. Their ThaIPA is not bad as well in bottles.

They ran a beer festival in Eaglescliffe last year (twice a year I think) and it has to be recommended. 

LIDL has a Belgian 6 bottle pack for £11.99 on sale from tomorrow and from what I gather its very good value.

I had a nice Barry’s Gold Blend tea this morning. I’m thinking of having a Lyons Green Label one this afternoon 😀😀😀

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Thanks buddy, we tend to be a little bit more traditional less crafty. 

I've had quite a few of your beers in the past, you're well positioned in the pubs in York as well as bottle shops like Trembling Madness 🙂

• Like 1
Just now, unclesmog said:

No love on here for Northern Monk? Some of their IPAs are really good.

Think most Boro fans have erased all meaning of the word Monk 

• Haha 1