• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Weasel said:

It's very refreshing to read an actual scientific discussion on vaccines that isn't plagued by the morons who still believe they're part of some global conspiracy.

Just got to stay away from Facebook and the Daily Mail!

On 12/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, Redcar Rioja said:

The question then is how soon can the Government acquire and roll out 30 million injections?

I was talking to a nurse a few days ago and she has experience of vaccinating large numbers of people. She estimated that it would only take a couple of minutes (per appointment) to vaccinate an individual so if you have a team of nurses in a facility they would get through hundreds of patients each day. 

They could vaccinate a large amount of the population very quickly but that obviously depends on the amount of resources thrown at the project and how quickly they can get hold of the vaccination. I'm sure I read the other day that we've already ordered 80m doses of the Oxford vaccine. 

I don't have much faith in this government but I do believe them when they talk about getting enough people vaccinated by Easter to get the country moving again. 

The pressure is on to get the country open again so I think they'll throw everything at getting this programme up and running. 

• Like 1

Someone can fact check this but I’m sure I saw a report that GP’s will administer the vaccine too. And at a charge of £12.50 you can bet you ass they’ll fly through them too 

@Duvel They've also been training more people up (within the NHS) and they've also ramped up recruitment too so that they have a lot more people that are able to administer the vaccine. I think there is also active plans for the Military to set up vaccination centres (I think they are currently setting one up in either Bristol or Birmingham, I can't remember which).

I think we've ordered 40m (20m doses) of the Pfizer vaccine, we've also ordered I think 100m (50m doses) of the Oxford one too. I also think we've ordered millions of the other vaccines too (Moderna and Glaxosmith).

I think logistically we will be fine, in terms of our deep freeze facilities and also the transport for the vaccines. The bit I think they are trying to work out, is how to get it out locally with maximum efficiency. As others have said the Pfizer vaccine can be stored at fridge temperature for upto 5 days, but I believe the main issue is that the packs come in multiples and once opened they have to be used in a certain time frame. So they are trying to work out how best to capture as many people that require the vaccine once the first pack is open so to speak.

As long as the supply holds up I think we'llsee large numbers of people vaccinated in a very short space of time.

Potentially we may encounter problems supply wise (in terms of delays/hold-ups) as the Pfizer vaccine is currently produced in Belgium and we leave that pesky thing called the EU come January. Which could well impact how quickly lorries are able to enter.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Someone can fact check this but I’m sure I saw a report that GP’s will administer the vaccine too. And at a charge of £12.50 you can bet you ass they’ll fly through them too 

I don't think the vaccine will cost anyone at the moment. As far as I'm aware this will be free to everyone. So we get a freebie from our beloved Gov. 🤑🤑🤑

18 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Duvel They've also been training more people up (within the NHS) and they've also ramped up recruitment too so that they have a lot more people that are able to administer the vaccine. I think there is also active plans for the Military to set up vaccination centres (I think they are currently setting one up in either Bristol or Birmingham, I can't remember which).

I think we've ordered 40m (20m doses) of the Pfizer vaccine, we've also ordered I think 100m (50m doses) of the Oxford one too. I also think we've ordered millions of the other vaccines too (Moderna and Glaxosmith).

I think logistically we will be fine, in terms of our deep freeze facilities and also the transport for the vaccines. The bit I think they are trying to work out, is how to get it out locally with maximum efficiency. As others have said the Pfizer vaccine can be stored at fridge temperature for upto 5 days, but I believe the main issue is that the packs come in multiples and once opened they have to be used in a certain time frame. So they are trying to work out how best to capture as many people that require the vaccine once the first pack is open so to speak.

As long as the supply holds up I think we'llsee large numbers of people vaccinated in a very short space of time.

Potentially we may encounter problems supply wise (in terms of delays/hold-ups) as the Pfizer vaccine is currently produced in Belgium and we leave that pesky thing called the EU come January. Which could well impact how quickly lorries are able to enter.

Each dose is separate though in a glass vial, so I guess that all that means is that once you have taken a complete pack out of deep freeze storage, then the whole pack has to be used within 5 days - and stored in fridge during that period. So, if you have daily or every second/third day deliveries to each centre administering it, all they need to do is ensure they use them up sequentially. I’m sure they will have enough people lined up at each centre daily to get through each pack the day it arrives or the day after.

20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I don't think the vaccine will cost anyone at the moment. As far as I'm aware this will be free to everyone. So we get a freebie from our beloved Gov. 🤑🤑🤑

Think Uwe is talking about the charge from the GP to the gov’t for administering the vaccine. Even at one every 5 minutes that isn’t a bad hourly rate  - 12 x £12.50 =£150 per hour. If they can really do it every two minutes, then it is £360 per hour. Hope the practice nurses are on a productivity bonus!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I just don't like the idea of people being able to record my thoughts with 5G phones after you've had the vaccine.  If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't mind it that much.

To be fair it would be a lot harder for the poor sod having to listen to your thoughts 😮

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

No. This is what GPs will charge the GOV per jab. You know coz they care about people so much

3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Each dose is separate though in a glass vial, so I guess that all that means is that once you have taken a complete pack out of deep freeze storage, then the whole pack has to be used within 5 days - and stored in fridge during that period. So, if you have daily or every second/third day deliveries to each centre administering it, all they need to do is ensure they use them up sequentially. I’m sure they will have enough people lined up at each centre daily to get through each pack the day it arrives or the day after.

I think the issue is, once the whole pack is taken out of deep freeze it has to be used within 5 days. But because they are targeting the most vulnerable, there are concerns that they won't be able to get enough of those people to the vaccination centres within the 5 days to use the whole pack, which would then create wastage. That's why there has been talk of them actually bumping people in care homes down the priority list a bit, until a time where they can afford some wastage of the vaccine. At the moment they are trying to work out the best way to get the absolute maximum out of the packs once out of the deep freeze.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

To be fair it would be a lot harder for the poor sod having to listen to your thoughts 😮

I'll have you know that all of the wisdom in the universe is to be found in my head.  I bet you've got your 5G phone ready to spy on the likes of me.

@ScarBoro 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55194988

This article more articulately explains the concerns regarding the pack sizes and issues regarding getting the doses to care homes, that I was trying to convey. They have a 12 hour window once the vaccine has thawed, which is why they are concerned about breaking the packs into smaller amounts.

• Like 1