Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
OzzyPorter

COVID-19 And it’s effect on everyone and everything

Recommended Posts

Just now, Duvel said:

If the season restarts in July (for example), I wonder what that means for our players who'll be out of contract by then?

That’s a very good question. In theory, if we don’t renew any of their contracts and haven’t signed any new players by then, we might not have enough players to finish out the season. Strange times indeed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If games can't be played... would the fairest thing be to just start the leagues again next year with the same teams? Struggling to see where the EFL will fit 10 or so rounds of fixtures in before the next season at this rate.

Surely you cannot relegate a team if they still had a chance to save themselves. Imagine if we hadn't beaten Charlton... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

If games can't be played... would the fairest thing be to just start the leagues again next year with the same teams? Struggling to see where the EFL will fit 10 or so rounds of fixtures in before the next season at this rate.

Surely you cannot relegate a team if they still had a chance to save themselves. Imagine if we hadn't beaten Charlton... 

I think the focus has to be finishing this season whenever that is. Then they'll have to look at how next season is scheduled, that might have to be a season with reduced games potentially.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would imagine that games will still be played when they can, even if it meant pushing the last ten games back to August and starting next season 2 months after that. Cant see any way that this season can just be written off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

If games can't be played... would the fairest thing be to just start the leagues again next year with the same teams? Struggling to see where the EFL will fit 10 or so rounds of fixtures in before the next season at this rate.

Surely you cannot relegate a team if they still had a chance to save themselves. Imagine if we hadn't beaten Charlton... 

Just play two games a week. Could finish the season from mid-May to end of June. The playoffs might be an extra week or two for those involved. Maybe start 1 May behind closed doors if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Juventus and Real Madrid all have players in self-isolation at present

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start next season late and only play each team once I think would be the fairest solution. Obviously the home/away thing will be contentious but if you have seedings and equal home and away games then its easily ironed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only right thing to do is cancel it and start again. 
 

over to you Liverpool fans 😂😂😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Start next season late and only play each team once I think would be the fairest solution. Obviously the home/away thing will be contentious but if you have seedings and equal home and away games then its easily ironed out.

I was thinking maybe we do something similar to the SPL. Play each other once, then play everyone in the same half as you. That way, you can make 28 games (in the PL).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

If the season restarts in July (for example), I wonder what that means for our players who'll be out of contract by then?

I mentioned this before. I wonder if maybe they confirm it will be played during that time that maybe we will ask to provide short-term extensions. The transfer window surely has to remain closed too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...