Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
OzzyPorter

COVID-19 And it’s effect on everyone and everything

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Gibbo will probably try and sue God though. 

Doesn't he think he IS God? 👼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Gibbo will probably try and sue God though. 

Gibbo is God..... isn’t he 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

They can try...I doubt they will get much joy.

As long as the Leagues work work out a plan to finish the season, there won't need to be any legal challenges. Will likely require a lot of re-scheduling, but I think it could still be done...unless they decide to postpone all fixtures until June/July, in which case it'll probably be too late.

But given a global pandemic is something that is beyond everyone's control, if the season ends now, clubs will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

So many issues can come up if the season is delayed or cancelled

Who gets relegated, who gets promoted

Players out of contract, older, needing/wanting moves

Loans expiring

Clubs running out of money, potential bankruptcies/tax liabilities

Unable to pay players or staff (in lower leagues)

Clubs not getting promoted having financial implications

Clubs that should have been relegated getting extra tv money

FFP

etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

They can try...I doubt they will get much joy.

As long as the Leagues work work out a plan to finish the season, there won't need to be any legal challenges. Will likely require a lot of re-scheduling, but I think it could still be done...unless they decide to postpone all fixtures until June/July, in which case it'll probably be too late.

But given a global pandemic is something that is beyond everyone's control, if the season ends now, clubs will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Exactly, there are much bigger issues, it’s a sobering thought that quite a few football fans will never get to see the end of this season even if it is completed in the summer. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is crazy.

I can definitely see why they've made this choice and I agree with it, but it's going to have massive ramifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callum Hudson Odoi has put a video up on social media saying he's fine he came down with symptoms on Monday and has already recovered.

I guess for the vast majority it's not as bad as the media make out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Callum Hudson Odoi has put a video up on social media saying he's fine he came down with symptoms on Monday and has already recovered.

I guess for the vast majority it's not as bad as the media make out. 

Yeah, young health people seem to get very mild symptoms apart from the odd few cases where they get more severe symptoms. The virus seems to be mainly serious for those with underlying health conditions and those over 60

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Yeah, young health people seem to get very mild symptoms apart from the odd few cases where they get more severe symptoms. The virus seems to be mainly serious for those with underlying health conditions and those over 60

Hate being reminded of that age figure!

What has not been ascertained is whether or not you have had it can you get it again and how harder it maybe for your immune system to deal with it once again.

Sobering times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Hate being reminded of that age figure!

What has not been ascertained is whether or not you have had it can you get it again and how harder it maybe for your immune system to deal with it once again.

Sobering times

Don't worry Alan. I think the Danish authorities are saying over 70 🙂  And I think you et immune from this particular Corona but not if it mutates.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Hate being reminded of that age figure!

What has not been ascertained is whether or not you have had it can you get it again and how harder it maybe for your immune system to deal with it once again.

Sobering times

Don't say that! We'll never get back to the Riverside! (Or the Odeon, or Nando's, or the massage parlour).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Hate being reminded of that age figure!

What has not been ascertained is whether or not you have had it can you get it again and how harder it maybe for your immune system to deal with it once again.

Sobering times

As far as I’ve heard, once you’ve had the virus, you are unlikely to catch it again. I’m not as old as CT makes out, so I should be ok.
My worry is that my wife was diagnosed with cancer last year and although she’s recovered well from surgery, she only finished chemo at the end of January so her immune system is very low and to compound things, she works for an NHS acute trust, worrying times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Don't worry Alan. I think the Danish authorities are saying over 70 🙂  And I think you et immune from this particular Corona but not if it mutates.

I hope I am not going to regret the hug we had on Saturday:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

As far as I’ve heard, once you’ve had the virus, you are unlikely to catch it again. I’m not as old as CT makes out, so I should be ok.
My worry is that my wife was diagnosed with cancer last year and although she’s recovered well from surgery, she only finished chemo at the end of January so her immune system is very low. Ato compound things, she works for an NHS acute trust, worrying times. 

Sending my best wishes to your good lady then 👍

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...