Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
OzzyPorter

COVID-19 And it’s effect on everyone and everything

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Ash said:

I have the cough too but it's not as bad as it was!

Well take care and do whatever you need to to stay safe and recover.

 

We still expect you to report for duty once the season resumes! 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Well take care and do whatever you need to to stay safe and recover.

 

We still expect you to report for duty once the season resumes! 😉

Thanks! I feel a bit better today!

Haha, of course! I hope it resumes on April 30th because I'm already bored to tears without it (and I have nothing to waffle on about) 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

It’s not the cough that carries you off, it’s the coffin they carry you off in.. 

Take care buddy.. 

Thank you! I refuse to die unless we get relegated when the season resumes 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

China isn't a backwards country by any means. But being a Communist dictatorship they like to keep a tight grip on information and try to suppress anything that might cause panic or unrest in the population (a lot more so than democratic governments anyway).

Once they couldn't contain the news any longer, they moved with commendable speed to create the facilities to deal with it. Thats the flip side of dictatorships - once they decide to do something, they don't mess around and there are few hurdles to getting it done.

As to leaving things as long as they did - I think they were just like everyone else...caught out by a new disease they couldn't recognise and weren't sure how to treat / contain.

 

Agreed, there is something slightly ironic about people from Viking nations referring to China, the cradle of civilisation as backwards. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Agreed, there is something slightly ironic about people from Viking nations referring to China, the cradle of civilisation as backwards. 

You're both kidding right?

China is backwards on so many levels in the modern society. Their basic human rights are appalling and if you think they've done a good job regarding the virus then I suggest you watch some of the documentaries that are online. China has basically done everything wrong that they could. Doctors were hauled into police questioning for discussing a potential new virus long before it became public, people are being dragged away by police in the streets on the suspicion of being infected and journalists have gone missing as they documented the horrific actions of the chinese government and footage of police wealding buildings shut so people could be contained with no medical help and being left deal with the virus/die on their own. The dead were left in hospital aisels for days and medical staff were breaking down in front of cameras because the governemt were busier trying to contain the news rather than dealing with the problem. If you think China has done even a remotely good job then I don't think you've seen everything that's been going on. But I suppose if you think a dictatorship/communist government with no human rights is commendable then by all means feel free.

And to think I can't have that view because we were a Viking nation thousands of years ago is just baffling. China being the cradle of civilisation does not automatically mean they are a modern society today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think (and hope) that @Borodane is referring to the Chinese government and not the country of China as a whole. It's not the fault of the citizens that they live under communist rule.

Also without the Chinese we wouldn't have Chicken Egg Foo Yung and for that i'm eternally grateful.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Borodane said:

You're both kidding right?

China is backwards on so many levels in the modern society. Their basic human rights are appalling and if you think they've done a good job regarding the virus then I suggest you watch some of the documentaries that are online. China has basically done everything wrong that they could. Doctors were hauled into police questioning for discussing a potential new virus long before it became public, people are being dragged away by police in the streets on the suspicion of being infected and journalists have gone missing as they documented the horrific actions of the chinese government and footage of police wealding buildings shut so people could be contained with no medical help and being left deal with the virus/die on their own. The dead were left in hospital aisels for days and medical staff were breaking down in front of cameras because the governemt were busier trying to contain the news rather than dealing with the problem. If you think China has done even a remotely good job then I don't think you've seen everything that's been going on. But I suppose if you think a dictatorship/communist government with no human rights is commendable then by all means feel free.

And to think I can't have that view because we were a Viking nation thousands of years ago is just baffling. China being the cradle of civilisation does not automatically mean they are a modern society today.

You just can’t refer to China as a backwards nation, it was the first to be hit by the virus, but has controlled it to a certain extent. There have been more deaths in Italy than in China now.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Communism or Socialism, the fact that the initial measures taken in the UK were totally wrong and based on the need to keep the economy going rather than to keep people alive tells you all you need to know about a capitalist society.

The irony is that now, big businesses in the U.K. are asking for government subsidies as workers campaign for a universal wage for all. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Branding the whole country as backwards might have been going too far as the people can't (to an extend) be blamed for actions of their governemt. I'll never understand the clamour for communism. The chinese governments handling of this crisis from day 1 shows exactly why it's not a good thing ie. cover ups, hunting down critical doctors and journalists, the treatment of the public. Imagine living in a country where critics disappear or are jailed. Would you like the army to come to your house and weald your door shut to you from going out? Dragging your loved ones at the hands and feet and throw them into a truck? Madness in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China has a lot to answer for and getting their own epidemic under control hardly makes everything okay.

It's been known for years that their medieval wet markets are the perfect storm for cooking up a novel virus. Wild species that would never normally cross paths kept in dirty, cramped, stressed conditions. They are then chopped up and eaten in unhygienic ways, exposing humans to infected blood. The Chinese had a massive warning with SARS the first time around and didn't give enough of a crap to change their ways. 

They tried to cover up this virus, gagging doctors and journalists who tried to warn the world of what was coming. Early warnings are so key for controlling these things. Okay, their draconian controls have stopped the spread in Wuhan... but lets see if they actually put controls in place to stop this happening again. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Postponed skysports package for 3 months saving me £69.00.

Cancel on line or if you can bother waiting call Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:
20 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This sounds exactly what my entire family had just before Christmas. Plus a constant chesty cough. We all got rid of it and it came back again a week later. I'm not saying we had Covid-19 before it was known about but there's a chance we could have.

I think you were, as usual ahead of the curve and had Covid-17, you hipster you. 

Having seen my son's disgraceful lack of hygiene over the years, he could have had just about anything at all, the filthy bugger 😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Having seen my son's disgraceful lack of hygiene over the years, he could have had just about anything at all, the filthy bugger 😷

Are you saying he might have already had all 19?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Are you saying he might have already had all 19?

Originally there was only actually 3.  The other 16 developed inside him 🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Grandson of Alex Guinness according to the report. Is he a celebrity look-alike of Alec Guinness? 
    • INCOMINGS: Grant Hall (Free Agent) Marcus Bettinelli (Loan; Fulham) Sam Morsy (Undisclosed; Wigan) Chuba Akpom (Undisclosed; PAOK) OUTGOINGS: George Friend (Released; Birmingham) Dani Ayala (Released) Adam Clayton (Released; Birmingham) Rudy Gestede (Released) Ryan Shotton (Released) Tomas Mejias (Loan; Dinamo Bucharest) Sam Stubbs (Fleetwood) Stephen Wearne (Sunderland) Joe Fryer (Swindon) TRIALISTS: Levi Amanatchi (Free Agent) Lexus Beeden (Free Agent) LINKED (ITK): Jack Clarke (Spurs) Ben Gibson (Burnley) *MOVED TO NORWICH* Tyler Blackett (Reading) *MOVED TO FOREST* Max Kilman (Wolves) Mike Van der Hoorn (Free Agent) *MOVED TO BIELEFELD* Jonathan Hogg (Free Agent) Oliver Burke (WBA) *MOVED TO SHEFF UTD* Chris Gunter (Free Agent) Marcus Maddison (Free Agent) Patrick Roberts (Man City) Lyle Taylor (Free Agent) *MOVED TO FOREST* Lawrence Shankland (Dundee Utd) -- Dael Fry (Burnley, Wolves) Lewis Wing ( Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Villa) Aynsley Pears (Blackburn) LINKED (MEDIA): Abdoulaye Sissoko (Zulte Waregem) Wesley Said (Toulouse) Jordan Jones (Rangers) Loic Mbe Soh (PSG) *MOVED TO FORESR* Armand Gnanduille (Free Agent) *MOVED TO TURKEY* Moritz Leitner (Norwich) Luke Amos (Spurs) *MOVED TO QPR* Adam Armstrong (Blackburn) Junior Hoilett (Cardiff) Kieffer Moore (Wigan) *MOVED TO CARDIFF* Gwion Edwards (Ipswich) Jacob Murphy (Newcastle) Kevin Stewart (Free Agent) Lyndon Dykes (Livingston) *MOVED TO QPR* Dan Glazer (Maccabi Tel Aviv) Korey Smith (Free Agent) *MOVED TO SWANSEA* Jordan Peruzza (FC Toronto) Joe Williams (Wigan) *MOVED TO BRISTOL CITY* Ben Heneghen (Free Agent) Christian Maghoma (Free Agent) *MOVED TO GILLINGHAM* Ben Whiteman (Doncaster) Sol Bamba (Cardiff) Yaya Sanogo (Free Agent) *FAILED MEDICAL* Dillon Phillips (Charlton) Karl Darlow (Newcastle) Sam Morsy (Wigan) *SIGNED* Jeroen Zoet (PSV) *MOVED TO SPEZIA* Nat Phillips (Liverpool) Josh Hawkes (Hartlepool) Chuba Akpom (PAOK) *SIGNED* Ryan Yates (Nottm Forest) Patrick Hoban (Dundalk) Nesta Guinness-Walker (Wimbledon) - Paddy McNair (Stoke, Celtic) Aynsley Pears (Blackburn)  LINKED (RANDOM DOYLE): Ross Stewart (Ross County)  
    • Boro have watched Wimbledon left back Guiness-Walker. https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-brentford-eye-wimbledon-defender-rico-henry-successor  
    • I think there is a very good chance Folarin will be around the first team squad, at least up until Jan
×
×
  • Create New...