Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
OzzyPorter

COVID-19 And it’s effect on everyone and everything

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Weasel said:

It's very refreshing to read an actual scientific discussion on vaccines that isn't plagued by the morons who still believe they're part of some global conspiracy.

Just got to stay away from Facebook and the Daily Mail!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't like the idea of people being able to record my thoughts with 5G phones after you've had the vaccine.  If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't mind it that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, Redcar Rioja said:

The question then is how soon can the Government acquire and roll out 30 million injections?

 

I was talking to a nurse a few days ago and she has experience of vaccinating large numbers of people. She estimated that it would only take a couple of minutes (per appointment) to vaccinate an individual so if you have a team of nurses in a facility they would get through hundreds of patients each day. 

They could vaccinate a large amount of the population very quickly but that obviously depends on the amount of resources thrown at the project and how quickly they can get hold of the vaccination. I'm sure I read the other day that we've already ordered 80m doses of the Oxford vaccine. 

I don't have much faith in this government but I do believe them when they talk about getting enough people vaccinated by Easter to get the country moving again. 

The pressure is on to get the country open again so I think they'll throw everything at getting this programme up and running. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone can fact check this but I’m sure I saw a report that GP’s will administer the vaccine too. And at a charge of £12.50 you can bet you ass they’ll fly through them too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Duvel They've also been training more people up (within the NHS) and they've also ramped up recruitment too so that they have a lot more people that are able to administer the vaccine. I think there is also active plans for the Military to set up vaccination centres (I think they are currently setting one up in either Bristol or Birmingham, I can't remember which).

I think we've ordered 40m (20m doses) of the Pfizer vaccine, we've also ordered I think 100m (50m doses) of the Oxford one too. I also think we've ordered millions of the other vaccines too (Moderna and Glaxosmith).

I think logistically we will be fine, in terms of our deep freeze facilities and also the transport for the vaccines. The bit I think they are trying to work out, is how to get it out locally with maximum efficiency. As others have said the Pfizer vaccine can be stored at fridge temperature for upto 5 days, but I believe the main issue is that the packs come in multiples and once opened they have to be used in a certain time frame. So they are trying to work out how best to capture as many people that require the vaccine once the first pack is open so to speak.

As long as the supply holds up I think we'llsee large numbers of people vaccinated in a very short space of time.

Potentially we may encounter problems supply wise (in terms of delays/hold-ups) as the Pfizer vaccine is currently produced in Belgium and we leave that pesky thing called the EU come January. Which could well impact how quickly lorries are able to enter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Someone can fact check this but I’m sure I saw a report that GP’s will administer the vaccine too. And at a charge of £12.50 you can bet you ass they’ll fly through them too 

I don't think the vaccine will cost anyone at the moment. As far as I'm aware this will be free to everyone. So we get a freebie from our beloved Gov. 🤑🤑🤑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Duvel They've also been training more people up (within the NHS) and they've also ramped up recruitment too so that they have a lot more people that are able to administer the vaccine. I think there is also active plans for the Military to set up vaccination centres (I think they are currently setting one up in either Bristol or Birmingham, I can't remember which).

I think we've ordered 40m (20m doses) of the Pfizer vaccine, we've also ordered I think 100m (50m doses) of the Oxford one too. I also think we've ordered millions of the other vaccines too (Moderna and Glaxosmith).

I think logistically we will be fine, in terms of our deep freeze facilities and also the transport for the vaccines. The bit I think they are trying to work out, is how to get it out locally with maximum efficiency. As others have said the Pfizer vaccine can be stored at fridge temperature for upto 5 days, but I believe the main issue is that the packs come in multiples and once opened they have to be used in a certain time frame. So they are trying to work out how best to capture as many people that require the vaccine once the first pack is open so to speak.

As long as the supply holds up I think we'llsee large numbers of people vaccinated in a very short space of time.

Potentially we may encounter problems supply wise (in terms of delays/hold-ups) as the Pfizer vaccine is currently produced in Belgium and we leave that pesky thing called the EU come January. Which could well impact how quickly lorries are able to enter.

 Each dose is separate though in a glass vial, so I guess that all that means is that once you have taken a complete pack out of deep freeze storage, then the whole pack has to be used within 5 days - and stored in fridge during that period. So, if you have daily or every second/third day deliveries to each centre administering it, all they need to do is ensure they use them up sequentially. I’m sure they will have enough people lined up at each centre daily to get through each pack the day it arrives or the day after.

 

20 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I don't think the vaccine will cost anyone at the moment. As far as I'm aware this will be free to everyone. So we get a freebie from our beloved Gov. 🤑🤑🤑

Think Uwe is talking about the charge from the GP to the gov’t for administering the vaccine. Even at one every 5 minutes that isn’t a bad hourly rate  - 12 x £12.50 =£150 per hour. If they can really do it every two minutes, then it is £360 per hour. Hope the practice nurses are on a productivity bonus!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I just don't like the idea of people being able to record my thoughts with 5G phones after you've had the vaccine.  If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't mind it that much.

To be fair it would be a lot harder for the poor sod having to listen to your thoughts 😮

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I don't think the vaccine will cost anyone at the moment. As far as I'm aware this will be free to everyone. So we get a freebie from our beloved Gov. 🤑🤑🤑

No. This is what GPs will charge the GOV per jab. You know coz they care about people so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Each dose is separate though in a glass vial, so I guess that all that means is that once you have taken a complete pack out of deep freeze storage, then the whole pack has to be used within 5 days - and stored in fridge during that period. So, if you have daily or every second/third day deliveries to each centre administering it, all they need to do is ensure they use them up sequentially. I’m sure they will have enough people lined up at each centre daily to get through each pack the day it arrives or the day after.

I think the issue is, once the whole pack is taken out of deep freeze it has to be used within 5 days. But because they are targeting the most vulnerable, there are concerns that they won't be able to get enough of those people to the vaccination centres within the 5 days to use the whole pack, which would then create wastage. That's why there has been talk of them actually bumping people in care homes down the priority list a bit, until a time where they can afford some wastage of the vaccine. At the moment they are trying to work out the best way to get the absolute maximum out of the packs once out of the deep freeze.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

No. This is what GPs will charge the GOV per jab. You know coz they care about people so much

My bad. I read it as, people paying for the jab!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

To be fair it would be a lot harder for the poor sod having to listen to your thoughts 😮

I'll have you know that all of the wisdom in the universe is to be found in my head.  I bet you've got your 5G phone ready to spy on the likes of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ScarBoro 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55194988

This article more articulately explains the concerns regarding the pack sizes and issues regarding getting the doses to care homes, that I was trying to convey. They have a 12 hour window once the vaccine has thawed, which is why they are concerned about breaking the packs into smaller amounts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • I've noticed a lot of online users have signed on this week, so for you this is the history of Magic Lamp.   Little of the history of Magic Lamp has ever been published, but after helping Huddersfield to their only FA Cup win in 1922 Magic lamp disappeared for nearly forty years resurfacing in the mid sixties, found in an attic of a pawn dealer in Dagenham by a schoolboy friend of Alf Ramsey. After a bit of research he found that this indeed was the Lamp that helped Huddersfield  win the FA Cup and as a bit of joke passed the lamp onto Alf for good luck with The World Cup about to start.   Of course England went on to win, however, what wasn't known was that there was a dressing room ritual with the Magic Lamp never before published that will astound the public. In some recently discovered papers, an unpublished interview with Alf Ramsey penned by Cassandra of the Daily Mirror, which were overlooked upon his premature death in 1967, that only now can the contents be revealed.   Cassandra writes, Jimmy Greaves tipped me off about this strange ritual, intrigued I sought out Alf and he granted me an interview at his modest Ipswich bungalow and said it all started off as a bit of a joke, but it was really to take the pressure off the team and footballers being a superstitious mix embraced it. By the time we got to the Argentina match the players were starting to believe in it. Greaves was injured and refused to rub Magic lamp, I had a decision to make and brought in Hurst to the fold. Magic Lamp came to the fore that day causing Rattin to speak incomprehensible nonsense to the referee and got himself sent off, them Geoff scored a marvellous goal. By the time the final came Greavsie was fit, the press were clamouring for his return and I had a decision to make. I said to Jimmy are you a believer and he replied no and then picked up the lamp and hurled it at the dressing room wall, shouting I'm the star of this fecking team not some Magic Lamp. By good fortune Gordon (Banks) was stood at the wall talking to George Cohen and he instinctively caught Magic Lamp saving irreparable damage So my mind was made up, an unchanged team and the rest is history. As the full time time whistle blew Magic Lamp said to me, you've already won it once, tell them to go out and win it again.   There was great celebrating in the dressing room afterwards and the players said the only thing better than drinking champagne out of The World Cup, was sipping it from the delicate lips of Magic Lamp.   Alf said he wanted to take Magic Lamp to Mexico. Magic Lamp declined the offer saying he needed at least another forty year rest before exerting himself again.   Cassandra. Thank you Alf. The nation indeed owes a debt of gratitude to Magic Lamp...                                              
    • We didn’t even talk to Viduka about a new contract until it was too late. If it’s happened to Downing and Schwarzer, it probably happened to Viduka as well.
    • Wonder if Assombalonga plays this as he has a epic record against Birmingham. Also they is doubt about Watmore starting after today comments from Warnock about him suffering Covid the worst. Everything in the form book points to a easy Boro home win but this is football and we could have a typical Boro moment of Clayton or Friend scoring a hatrick 😂
    • Liked the strategic emoji
×
×
  • Create New...