• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

Just now, BoroJake said:

I bet the season will end up being cancelled. No chance teams will start playing again on April 4th. We'll have even more infected

They'll review on the 4th, and the Euros will be moved to next summer.

It's either cancelled or they'll play in May/June/July.

It was always said by my grandpa n his mates that the interruption of the league during war ruined boro’s best chances of winning it. If this season gets suspended maybe things will balance out and one of the worst Boro teams with a fear of relegation are spared some ignominy.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just a little update of what I have just been told... over half of EFL clubs motioned to have season cancelled as null and void.. I honestly see this happening.

I honestly don't. Of course most will do that, it keeps everyone where they are and the only teams who won't want that to happen are those with potential for promotion. Ridiculous suggestion, if you ask me. If that went through and I was West Brom or Leeds, I'd be absolutely furious.

5 minutes ago, boroie said:

There will be legal challenges everywhere no matter what happens I reckon, lawyers rubbing their hands together in glee

If its classed as an act of God... like most insurers they wont have a case to answer.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just a little update of what I have just been told... over half of EFL clubs motioned to have season cancelled as null and void.. I honestly see this happening.

The Stoke city chairman was on the radio just now, claiming the opposite. The season will be finished in the summer according to him. 

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I honestly don't. Of course most will do that, it keeps everyone where they are and the only teams who won't want that to happen are those with potential for promotion. Ridiculous suggestion, if you ask me. If that went through and I was West Brom or Leeds, I'd be absolutely furious.

Completely agree. Unless the outbreak comes totally out of control I think there is time to finish the season. The Euros will be moved and with only 9 games to go in the league you can play twice a week and finish in 5 weeks. Postpone the start of next season to september and there will likely be plenty of time to finish. Make sure all transferwindows are only open in august. I'd sooner just call off the EL and CL and let clubs concentrate on finishing the domestic seasons. The european competitions are only about money anyway.

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The Stoke city chairman was on the radio just now, claiming the opposite. The season will be finished in the summer according to him. 

He may well be correct mate. Just relaying what I was told. 

24 minutes ago, boroie said:

There will be legal challenges everywhere no matter what happens I reckon, lawyers rubbing their hands together in glee

They can try...I doubt they will get much joy.

As long as the Leagues work work out a plan to finish the season, there won't need to be any legal challenges. Will likely require a lot of re-scheduling, but I think it could still be done...unless they decide to postpone all fixtures until June/July, in which case it'll probably be too late.

But given a global pandemic is something that is beyond everyone's control, if the season ends now, clubs will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

• Like 1