• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

They can try...I doubt they will get much joy.

As long as the Leagues work work out a plan to finish the season, there won't need to be any legal challenges. Will likely require a lot of re-scheduling, but I think it could still be done...unless they decide to postpone all fixtures until June/July, in which case it'll probably be too late.

But given a global pandemic is something that is beyond everyone's control, if the season ends now, clubs will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

So many issues can come up if the season is delayed or cancelled

Who gets relegated, who gets promoted

Players out of contract, older, needing/wanting moves

Loans expiring

Clubs running out of money, potential bankruptcies/tax liabilities

Unable to pay players or staff (in lower leagues)

Clubs not getting promoted having financial implications

Clubs that should have been relegated getting extra tv money

FFP

etc...

19 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

They can try...I doubt they will get much joy.

As long as the Leagues work work out a plan to finish the season, there won't need to be any legal challenges. Will likely require a lot of re-scheduling, but I think it could still be done...unless they decide to postpone all fixtures until June/July, in which case it'll probably be too late.

But given a global pandemic is something that is beyond everyone's control, if the season ends now, clubs will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Exactly, there are much bigger issues, it’s a sobering thought that quite a few football fans will never get to see the end of this season even if it is completed in the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
18 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Callum Hudson Odoi has put a video up on social media saying he's fine he came down with symptoms on Monday and has already recovered.

I guess for the vast majority it's not as bad as the media make out. 

Yeah, young health people seem to get very mild symptoms apart from the odd few cases where they get more severe symptoms. The virus seems to be mainly serious for those with underlying health conditions and those over 60

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Yeah, young health people seem to get very mild symptoms apart from the odd few cases where they get more severe symptoms. The virus seems to be mainly serious for those with underlying health conditions and those over 60

Hate being reminded of that age figure!

What has not been ascertained is whether or not you have had it can you get it again and how harder it maybe for your immune system to deal with it once again.

Sobering times

12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

What has not been ascertained is whether or not you have had it can you get it again and how harder it maybe for your immune system to deal with it once again.

Sobering times

Don't worry Alan. I think the Danish authorities are saying over 70 🙂  And I think you et immune from this particular Corona but not if it mutates.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sobering times

Don't say that! We'll never get back to the Riverside! (Or the Odeon, or Nando's, or the massage parlour).

17 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sobering times

As far as I’ve heard, once you’ve had the virus, you are unlikely to catch it again. I’m not as old as CT makes out, so I should be ok.
My worry is that my wife was diagnosed with cancer last year and although she’s recovered well from surgery, she only finished chemo at the end of January so her immune system is very low and to compound things, she works for an NHS acute trust, worrying times. 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Don't worry Alan. I think the Danish authorities are saying over 70 🙂  And I think you et immune from this particular Corona but not if it mutates.

I hope I am not going to regret the hug we had on Saturday:classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

As far as I’ve heard, once you’ve had the virus, you are unlikely to catch it again. I’m not as old as CT makes out, so I should be ok.
My worry is that my wife was diagnosed with cancer last year and although she’s recovered well from surgery, she only finished chemo at the end of January so her immune system is very low. Ato compound things, she works for an NHS acute trust, worrying times. 

Sending my best wishes to your good lady then 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1