oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sky Sports are very soon going to run out of live sport action.

Will we see repeats?

Understand that only one presenter will be in the studio  keeping us up to date.

I'm sure they will find all kinds of rubbish to talk about 🙂  They should push for FIFA to open the transfer window early and they won't have a problem.

I see Big Nige had a pop at Boris as well 😀

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

250 more deaths in Italy today as well as 53 more dead in Spain. 4 more players from the same team as gabbiadini have tested positive as well

Lots of people are going to get it mate, sadly.  Most of the people on here are likely to get it at some point.  It's more of a question of when rather than if now.

Just now, Smogzilla said:

Crazy time we live in. Feels like a disaster movie.

So long as you don’t end up with a starring role in the movie 🍿 😂

On a lighter note, if the season is scrapped has anyone asked the question of what will happen the Oneboro paid fantasy league? I'm definitely going to make a late surge and potentially win, so I'd be peeved to miss out on all that dough! 

Disclaimer: I'm most certainly not going to be close to winning! 

Denmark’s borders has closed for the coming month and only danish citizens are allowed in unless they have special reasons ie delivering medicine etc. 

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Denmark’s borders has closed for the coming month and only danish citizens are allowed in unless they have special reasons ie delivering medicine etc. 

As long as that means that none of you filthy Danes are allowed out then I wholly support this move 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember when we were younger, and when someone got chicken pox we were taken round there house to catch it early and get it over with?

What I'm saying is get everyone to catch it and then the country can be back on track by the end of March

40 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Remember when we were younger, and when someone got chicken pox we were taken round there house to catch it early and get it over with?

What I'm saying is get everyone to catch it and then the country can be back on track by the end of March

Sounds like a great idea... apart from the fact it would probably kill 1 million people

• Like 1

From a football impact, the season is over guys, time to face this.

There is simply no scope to continue the season beyond its current boundary without compromising it. Player contracts run until June 1st, as do loan agreements.  If the season were to be extended over the summer months, the integrity of the competition is gone because the squads will be different.

You couldn't force any club to loan a player through an extended season and you couldn't force players to stay with a club once the contract has run out.

From a club perspective, they will all lose income, which may tip some teams over FFP, and it may push some teams into financial meltdown. Even when the season restarts, it's likely to have an impact on the gates, people may be adverse to large crowds.

From a player perspective, they will lose money, lack of appearance money may impact some players down the ladder and put their homes at risk.

It's a mess

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

From a football impact, the season is over guys, time to face this.

There is simply no scope to continue the season beyond its current boundary without compromising it. Player contracts run until June 1st, as do loan agreements.  If the season were to be extended over the summer months, the integrity of the competition is gone because the squads will be different.

You couldn't force any club to loan a player through an extended season and you couldn't force players to stay with a club once the contract has run out.

From a club perspective, they will all lose income, which may tip some teams over FFP, and it may push some teams into financial meltdown. Even when the season restarts, it's likely to have an impact on the gates, people may be adverse to large crowds.

From a player perspective, they will lose money, lack of appearance money may impact some players down the ladder and put their homes at risk.

It's a mess

Isn't it usually the end of June contracts expire?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Isn't it usually the end of June contracts expire?

yup you are right 30 June.  Point still stands though, if this carries on as expected, football will shut down for at least 3 months, no time to play the matches without contracts running out.

2 hours ago, OldManGravz said:

This is practically what Boris has said he wants people to get it and build up herd immunity. However he wants population to get gradually