oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

5 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

So now all pub's, restaurants, cinemas basically all entertainment closes the staff are layed off. How do these people survive many will be paying rent doubt they have the savings to survive without government support. So I honestly believe a national wage for all workers sacked needs to be given otherwise people are literally going to be homeless penniless. 

There'll be no govt help with the Tories in charge. They'll just expect everyone has trust funds to dip into!

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

So now all pub's, restaurants, cinemas basically all entertainment closes the staff are layed off. How do these people survive many will be paying rent doubt they have the savings to survive without government support. So I honestly believe a national wage for all workers sacked needs to be given otherwise people are literally going to be homeless penniless. 

My wife's cousin works for Virgin Atlantic as a cabin crew member and has just been given two months unpaid leave. 

Apparently it would only cost Branson (who is worth £4 billion) approx. 38m to pay his staff while they're without work, but of course he won't do that.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

My wife's cousin works for Virgin Atlantic as a cabin crew member and has just been given two months unpaid leave. 

Apparently it would only cost Branson (who is worth £4 billion) approx. 38m to pay his staff while they're without work, but of course he won't do that.

This feels like a dreadful time for people like Branson to stick by ultra-capitalist views. A bit of compassion would go a long way right now. If they want to leave will they still have to hand in a month's notice? If so, why? This isn't a sodding holiday for people, this is potentially not being able to pay the bills in times of a global crisis. Unpaid leave, pah.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This feels like a dreadful time for people like Branson to stick by ultra-capitalist views. A bit of compassion would go a long way right now. If they want to leave will they still have to hand in a month's notice? If so, why? This isn't a sodding holiday for people, this is potentially not being able to pay the bills in times of a global crisis. Unpaid leave, pah.

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

• Like 6
  • Angry 1
9 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

This is my major concern as I'm in the catering and hospitality industry, and the office where I work has implemented work from home to all staff!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, trekkers said:

This is my major concern as I'm in the catering and hospitality industry, and the office where I work has implemented work from home to all staff!

Meals on wheels 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

He doesn't just want to stop paying his employees to save money, he wants 'saving' by the government. He can sod right off. Economically, Virgin are gonna be fine. Imagine there's a ton of small businesses making heart wrenching decisions to lose staff who won't get a penny and they'll probably still go under and need to start from scratch.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Euros are set to be played in 2021, 11th June to 11th July according to the Norwegians. 

I'd sooner believe Tony Pulis than someone from Norway, but I think they might be on to something here 😉 

Most of my office are working from home as of today. Us in finance are now on a rota system, so 2 people who do the same thing aren't in the office at the same time. My designated office day is Monday, other than that I'll be at home.

Stay safe people.

11 hours ago, BoroMart said:

approx 5 out of every 7 secondary/college child isn't getting ready for exams, and are learning new stuff

I thought we were talking about kids not being able to take exams?  They should still be able to take them.

11 hours ago, BoroMart said:

suuuuuuuuuure, I bet it's a really easy profession and financially rewarding 🤨

Three months off a year, no weekends and they want it to make them rich as well!  Flabbergasting 😲

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I thought we were talking about kids not being able to take exams?  They should still be able to take them.

Three months off a year, no weekends and they want it to make them rich as well!  Flabbergasting 😲

Not to mention the countless ours every day where they just sleep behind the desk while showing some old video on the VHS machine.

5 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yes this ( I left school with no qualifications) nice guy self made billionaire has shown his true colours, the mask has slipped, an absolute fraud, who's shown himself to be a ruthless business man with no compassion for others. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, OldManGravz said:

There'll be no govt help with the Tories in charge. They'll just expect everyone has trust funds to dip into!

Id have Tories in charge rather then incompetent communists. 

• Haha 1