• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I do wonder how they are planning to enforce only allowing people to only go out once a day. There is nowhere near enough police

Technically, the rules don't say you can only go out once per day although I know what you're saying.  Basically, they are hoping that the threat of fines will stop people going out much because there isn't really a way to police it.

Well there are but they are full on big brother type things and I imagine lots of people wouldn't like it.

I heard them say on the news that online shops will be still be allowed to trade? Will that be Ebay shops and the like? May help people through this if you can still get a hold of things to relieve boredom whatever your hobby may be.

Was always going to happen with the amount of plonkers treating it as a extra summer holiday. The amount of kids just roaming my area is astonishing. 

I really hope people take the seriousness of this on board. Yes, the vast majority of people will be ok, but if people are irresponsible now they are just going to prolong the suffering of those at greater risk. I work in the nhs, on the front line. I am trying to enjoy this week off with my family before I go back next week. Technically, the department I work in does not deal with respiratory illness, but contingency planning means that we will probably stop what we are doing and take critically ill people. When I left on Friday I did not think the level of ppe was appropriate but nevertheless I will go back on Monday and prepare for the bomb which is about to explode. If there is one thing I can say is that please take this seriously. I saw a story on the bbc earlier with the headline suggesting the behaviour of people will make doctors have to choose who lives and dies. Would you want that responsibility?

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I heard them say on the news that online shops will be still be allowed to trade? Will that be Ebay shops and the like? May help people through this if you can still get a hold of things to relieve boredom whatever your hobby may be.

Was always going to happen with the amount of plonkers treating it as a extra summer holiday. The amount of kids just roaming my area is astonishing. 

It might be of interest to some but if video games are your bag, worth keeping an eye on Itch.io . The site hosts tons of games to download and a lot of really wonderful developers have been giving some games away for free to help amid the self isolation.

Just a word of warning to anyone ordering off Amazon, I got an email saying that my copy of Final Fantasy VII remake probably won't be arriving on release day as they're prioritising health items etc.

I think people who ordered the latest Animal Crossing game got the same emails, too.

4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The supermarkets are gonna be *** mental tomorrow 😡

Friend of mine said that as soon as Boris made his announcement, literally hundreds of people flocked to the supermarket in which they work. She's in tears and just wants to go home.

37 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Just a word of warning to anyone ordering off Amazon, I got an email saying that my copy of Final Fantasy VII remake probably won't be arriving on release day as they're prioritising health items etc.

I think people who ordered the latest Animal Crossing game got the same emails, too.

That's incredibly interesting as I was literally just discussing this with the people from work and wondering whether it was worth bothering to pre-order it. Given the amount of petrol I'll be saving the next few weeks, I may well settle for getting the digital version instead, even if it is a tenner extra vs. Amazon.

12 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The supermarkets are gonna be *** mental tomorrow 😡

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Friend of mine said that as soon as Boris made his announcement, literally hundreds of people flocked to the supermarket in which they work. She's in tears and just wants to go home.

The supermarkets are staying open and people can still go to them so why would people rush to them?