oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

10 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Digital gaming sales is going to see a massive boom over the next few months, as well as subscriptions to the various streaming sites.

Because people are selfish idiots. 

I did consider making my way to my local off licence though...

I’ve got orders in with Majestic and Laithwaites, hopefully the delivery time isn’t too long!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Uwe said:

I mentioned before that I don’t think the NHS is under funded and I still don’t. However the money that’s put into it is massively misplaced. When the Government say they are going to put an extra £XXX Billion, we tend to think in Doctors/Nurses/Equipment and drugs. Not the Consultant agencies that are on hugely inflated salaries that are hired to ‘Streamline’ the NHS and not the frontline care that is desperately needed. Also some of the contracts that are signed off literally haemorrhage millions on a weekly basis. I had a family member work for the NHS in a admin role. She said that every time a lightbulb or strip light goes out. They are not allowed to change it. Instead they call an engineer that goes into a cupboard (in her office) and swaps it out. The NHS then gets billed £80. Who the *** signed that off 🤷‍♂️  (Disclaimer: this was about 8yrs ago)  

Apart from that, the hysteria has affected NHS trusts as well. My wife works at a senior level at an NHS trust, they ordered extra PPE including 1000 masks, they arrived on Friday, but had all disappeared by Sunday night. 

Front line staff are terrified, staff nurses in tears, even within the NHS people are selfish. Someone must be hoarding or selling those masks and hand wash, it’s pretty despicable stealing from work at the best of times, but in this time of crisis it’s absolutely outrageous. 

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm allowed out to work, security guards can't exactly work from home!

My position is Business Development Director for a Security Company we are expecting quite a few new enquiries though we have to ensure current clients needs are catered for first. Some clients have asked for increase in cover due to the site in question being shut down for the time being.

Yes we will have guys go sick but at this time it seems that the preference is to get full wages instead of SSP.

With last nights announcements it will be an interesting day to find out what new contacts we might have

42 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’ve got orders in with Majestic and Laithwaites, hopefully the delivery time isn’t too long!

Got a wine society delivery (hopefully) arriving this Thursday. I think its going to be needed!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Apart from that, the hysteria has affected NHS trusts as well. My wife works at a senior level at an NHS trust, they ordered extra PPE including 1000 masks, they arrived on Friday, but had all disappeared by Sunday night. 

Front line staff are terrified, staff nurses in tears, even within the NHS people are selfish. Someone must be hoarding or selling those masks and hand wash, it’s pretty despicable stealing from work at the best of times, but in this time of crisis it’s absolutely outrageous. 

A special place in hell reserved for those people. I’d wager they we stolen by delivery/stores/admin personnel. And not the front line staff that actually need them. Really boils my *** 😡

48 minutes ago, Uwe said:

A special place in hell reserved for those people. I’d wager they we stolen by delivery/stores/admin personnel. And not the front line staff that actually need them. Really boils my *** 😡

Oh undoubtedly, these actions are putting so much extra pressure on frontline staff. 

"Italy has been an outlier almost from the moment it arrived there.  It turns out (according to one of the sky news app stories) that in Italy if you have the virus and die, they record it as being death by the virus even if you die of something else"

Well said and I don't think the media emphasise this enough. but then their job is to create clickbait.  I read yesterday that an 18 year old had died here and then today I read that, yes, he had the virus but he didn't die from it. There is a difference

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, guineapig said:

"Italy has been an outlier almost from the moment it arrived there.  It turns out (according to one of the sky news app stories) that in Italy if you have the virus and die, they record it as being death by the virus even if you die of something else"

Well said and I don't think the media emphasise this enough. but then their job is to create clickbait.  I read yesterday that an 18 year old had died here and then today I read that, yes, he had the virus but he didn't die from it. There is a difference

I remember posting quite early on this thread that the media outlets have a responsibility to report the news as facts and not go for the sensationalist form of reporting. I’ve been relatively pleased with the way the BBC have been conducting themselves but it seems not all news outlets are following suit 

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I remember posting quite early on this thread that the media outlets have a responsibility to report the news as facts and not go for the sensationalist form of reporting. I’ve been relatively pleased with the way the BBC have been conducting themselves but it seems not all news outlets are following suit 

I saw an article in the daily mail accusing people on social media of scaremongering. Nearly wet myself laughing.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I saw an article in the daily mail accusing people on social media of scaremongering. Nearly wet myself laughing.

The Daily Mail is the absolute worst. It wouldn’t surprise me if they wrote a article blaming COVID-19 on immigration and the only cure is to be found in the tears of Princess Diana 🤦‍♂️