• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The Olympic Committee are meeting today to discuss postponement, it’s bound to be, don’t you think?

It absolutely has to be. An international sporting event with athletes and spectators from every corner of the globe converging on one city. Also Canada and Australia have already pulled out and I expect many others to follow 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The Olympic Committee are meeting today to discuss postponement, it’s bound to be, don’t you think?

It will be cancelled but I can understand why they have waited to see what happens. Euro 2020 wouldn’t have been call off so soon if it was been played in only one country like normal.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Wouldn't it just be the same as it would have been this year essentially?

Not really as we have other events that were scheduled for next year. For example the world athletics championship in the USA. And the Africa cup of nations that could throw a spanner in the Olympics and World Cup of the top of my head 

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Not really as we have other events that were scheduled for next year. For example the world athletics championship in the USA. And the Africa cup of nations that could throw a spanner in the Olympics and World Cup of the top of my head 

I might be wrong but I'd assume that the World Athletics Championships won't take place next year now and the World Cup is in 2022.  The African cup of nations is in January/February 2021 so I don't see any crossover there?

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I might be wrong but I'd assume that the World Athletics Championships won't take place next year now and the World Cup is in 2022.  The African cup of nations is in January/February 2021 so I don't see any crossover there?

Think the Olympic committee would have to compensate the IAAF if they want it moving. I was trying to make the point as it’s not as straightforward as just slipping everything to the right 12 months

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Think the Olympic committee would have to compensate the IAAF if they want it moving. I was trying to make the point as it’s not as straightforward as just slipping everything to the right 12 months

Yeah, I think the IAAF will move it themselves though because the athletes will prioritise the Olympics above them and the IAAF won't want to be in the shadow of it.

8 hours ago, boroie said:

I don't want to seem a doomsayer or unduly worry people, however this is a very in-depth data-driven article that has very scary and unpalatable conclusions. However it does offer hope and a stategy that is working elsewhere in the world.
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

They have a phone App in Singapore and / or South Korea which traces people who have tested positive so people know in real time where all confirmed cases are.  I guess this is a key part of the "dance" strategy.  But to get to that position, most of the world still has to go through an intense isolation period.  We just have to do it, I think this article is very good.

I worry for the US people with there insane leader threatening to reopen the country in weeks because he's losing too much money in his hotels and stocks.