• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Just teasing mate. You obviously have a far more important job than the likes of me. Stay safe. 

I highly doubt that, but luckily for me the government classes it as key work so i'm not losing out financially for my family during this crisis. 

The real heroes are the people on here who work in the healthcare industry, you should direct your well wishes to them 🙂

Yep my wife works for an NHS trust, they are doing a brilliant job under the circumstances. 

As for the importance of my job; Unless the nation riots when they find out that there are no new episodes of Car SOS to watch, or a new series of Nadia’s Family Feasts its pretty insignificant. 

26 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Trust me if I didn't have to work I would be happy being stuck at home!

No you would not enjoy the limited freedom you have whilst you can. I work from home do my daily walk and occasional top up shop but would love to take the car out for any kind of drive.

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

No you would not enjoy the limited freedom you have whilst you can. I work from home do my daily walk and occasional top up shop but would love to take the car out for any kind of drive.

I do love driving to and from work, but I'm often bored here and miss my girls. 

My wife currently has them 24/7 because of this soft lockdown and it's driving her mad. I wish I could be home more to support her.

Aye, my in-laws can no longer see their grandson. I know my mother-in-law in particular is worried because he's so young that he mightn't actually remember her properly by the time they see each other again, heartbreaking stuff. She's using WhatsApp video now to read to him so fingers crossed that's enough for now.

A new study by from Imperial College London estimates that up to 2.7% of the UK population may have been infected so far - that's about 1.8m people if it's correct.  It's a statistical model though so you have to keep that in mind.  Also says that between 20,000 and 120,000 lives might have been saved across the 11 European countries they were looking at thanks to the measures put in place so far 👍

The Irish health department released this graph today showing the effects of social distancing and lockdown. It's interesting as (if accurate, and I have no reason to think otherwise) Ireland should be looking at about 15000 cases today but we are currently just shy of 3000 cases. Looks like we are flattening the curve here before we've hit critical saturation of the hospitals. 

I mean, it was a stupid ass decision to reduce the number of services in the hope it would reduce the number of people per tube. Khan is saying drivers are self-isolating or are ill themselves. Obviously the latter is unavoidable but given the scale of the tube usage, surely tube drivers should be considered key workers too? How many of them will be in self-enforced isolation who could feasibly be working? Though I'm willing to bet it's not just key workers who are using them and perhaps an alternative is to start ensuring valid reasons for travel instead of just letting anyone use them. There's potential problems with all of the solutions but the main problem as ever is the people who use them.

I lived there, anyone else who has or does and has dealt with the Central Line for a short period of time, never mind the 3 years I did, will know it feels like 90% of the people going to work in the capital every day felt they were more important and more significant to the world than the people around them, the very peak of the capitalist society we live in where some people would step on their dead grandmother for an extra few bob. It gets in your bones too, it's almost beyond your control to be the same as them because you know as soon as you hold open a metaphorical door for the more vulnerable, those who are perfectly fine will capitalise on your good gesture and will never give you credit for your good deed.

This virus has levelled the playing field significantly in that we are reminded about how individually, we are all important and all our individual decisions can impact so many other people. The maths is simple. If you can feasibly do so, staying at home is going to be hugely positive in delaying the spread of this virus. It's important that those of us who can, do so, in order to allow those who can't to be less at risk.

• Like 2