oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

6 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Worth revisiting this I think - the EU haven't actually managed to get any yet apparently.  I bet the individual countries have though...

Guess it gets rid of the awkward issue of how to allocate them! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

20 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Glad to hear hope you're fully recovered asap. 

Fully recovered (bar my sense of smell and taste) and back in work! 

Not a post on this for nearly a week and boy what a difference a week has made.

How are you all doing and has the impact of COVID 19 got close to you or family, friends and neighbours yet?

Has anyone had issues with receiving monies promised by government?

Whatever your situation please do continue to be as careful as possible.

• Like 2

My wife is shielding whilst working from home, So I am too. She works for the NHS in HR, it’s not front line but increasingly stressful, coordinating rotas, trying to get testing kits do doctors can return to work etc. 
meanwhile I’m waiting for the government to pay freelancers at the end of May. 

As a result, the house has never been so tidy, every drawer is now organised I’ve made samosas, onion bhajis, flat breads and bread rolls. I’ve fixed a leaky tap, a shed door, a loose banister and a kitchen unit, washed the cars and tidied the loft. I’ve hardly had any time to post on here!

I've ordered a fair bit of wine online though!

• Like 4

So far I have sanded then stained the decking and painted the fence in my garden. I look forward to testing out my new karate skills when this lockdown is over 🥋👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As someone who works in customer support for an enterprise tech company (and manages a team) I'm busier than ever. My missus is a high risk due to underlying health complications so we have been isolated for over 5 weeks now. I have a 6 year old and a 3 year old who are going stir crazy. I'm working longer hours than ever, more tired than usual and can't take my normal de-stressing routines of football and going to the pub (very posh, me). We've been getting all our groceries (and beer) delivered, trying to use small local producers as much as possible. My home office looks out on the road in my estate and I still see lots of people out (youngsters mainly) ignoring the restrictions and social distancing, but a lot less than when it all started. It looks like probably another month or two of this to me unfortunately 😞

• Like 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/football-league-championship-return-behind-closed-doors-tv-stream-online-a9470056.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1587114617

Football set to be held behind closed doors when it does eventually return (as many guessed).

Whilst not the most important thing at the minute, it does raise the questions of:

-What will happen to ST holders who had already paid for the last few games of the season.

- Who the streams will be available to. 

- How long will games be held behind closed doors.

- How they're going to get the streams to work for many thousands of fans when they struggle with the current demands!

My wife is self isolating due to the anti-cancer drugs she is on, which means we are sleeping in separate bedrooms, separate sofas etc,  I am shopping and cooking all the meals (which we both prefer), and I am the only one going out except for her hospital visits. Despite email requests from the Nursing and Midwifery Council she is unable to come out of retirement due to her illness. On the plus side I can spend plenty of time by myself listening to music.  My sister, nephew and friends are still working in the NHS. One of whom is currently at home with the virus. After over 50 years as a Boro fan I have finally had to accept that football is not the be all and end all of life. Compared to what other people are going through this is a doddle. Stay safe and strong everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, boro-unger said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/football-league-championship-return-behind-closed-doors-tv-stream-online-a9470056.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1587114617

Football set to be held behind closed doors when it does eventually return (as many guessed).

Whilst not the most important thing at the minute, it does raise the questions of:

-What will happen to ST holders who had already paid for the last few games of the season.

- Who the streams will be available to. 

- How long will games be held behind closed doors.

- How they're going to get the streams to work for many thousands of fans when they struggle with the current demands!

Regarding season tickets my local team gave 4 options to fans:

1. get a refund for the remaining games

2. Donate the money to talent work at the club

3. Donate the money to the fan zone outside the stadium

4. Donate the money for a big "welcome back party" for the first game with a crowd.

If you choose option 2,3 or 4 you get your name on the website, a signed certificate and a printed label on your seat for next season with the inscription "I helped AGF during the Corono crisis". I chose option 3.

• Like 6

Hope all are doing well. Finally had a bit of a personal impact as was furloughed from work. Feels pretty crap as it was a job I worked hard to get... and there was talk of promotion before all of this. Hopefully the drop in outgoings should offset the drop in income and they'll have me back once demand picks back up.

I'm healthy and all my family are too though, so cannot complain. Working on a few personal projects and keeping fit to pass the time!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Regarding season tickets my local team gave 4 options to fans:

1. get a refund for the remaining games

2. Donate the money to talent work at the club

3. Donate the money to the fan zone outside the stadium

4. Donate the money for a big "welcome back party" for the first game with a crowd.

If you choose option 2,3 or 4 you get your name on the website, a signed certificate and a printed label on your seat for next season with the inscription "I helped AGF during the Corono crisis". I chose option 3.

Good idea. Do the people who pick option 1 have a label on their seat saying "selfish pr**k" ? 😛

8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Good idea. Do the people who pick option 1 have a label on their seat saying "selfish pr**k" ? 😛

Haha. No, they cracked their plastic seat so every time they move their skin is pinched. And they get special watered down beer.

3 hours ago, Borodane said:

Haha. No, they cracked their plastic seat so every time they move their skin is pinched. And they get special watered down beer.

What do you mean special watered down beer I thought that was the norm.