oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

10 hours ago, john777 said:

Allow all HEALTHY under 60s back to school and work ( providing they don,t live with anyone with underlying conditions or over 60s ) 

"Statista" for Italy publish much quicker results than uk showing just over 1000 of their 25000+ deaths where to people under 60 , it is widely reported that 90% of All deaths had pre conditions meaning approx. 100 deaths to healthy under 60,s

uk ONS  (office of national statistics )  report 10th april (slow reporting ) approx 9000 out of 10300  deaths over 65 , on TODAYS  figures (18700 ) approx 2000 under 65 deaths ( 90% pre conditions = 200 healthy under 65,s have died,

All covid  deaths are tragic  but surely on these statistics we should concentrate on protecting the NHS  and care workers , lockdown all vulnerable and elderly people till a vaccine is available and get the HEALTHY under 60,s back to work , with regular testing and social distancing and SAVE millions of jobs !! 

This is a very bad idea and honestly I'm stunned anyone could have this opinion, frankly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This is a very bad idea and honestly I'm stunned anyone could have this opinion, frankly.

Gotta agree with DZ here. Although some governments might have a maximum quota of death (for want of a better way to put it) I hope our government see that all life is precious and keep as many people alive as possible 

16 minutes ago, Uwe said:

He  really doesn’t help himself does he 🤦‍♂️

It just goes to show that Trump has the freedom to say whatever he wants without legitimate, meaningful criticism. Which is and has always been quite terrifying.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It just goes to show that Trump has the freedom to say whatever he wants without legitimate, meaningful criticism. Which is and has always been quite terrifying.

It's clear he's not a politician in a million years and so he runs the country like one of his businesses. As long as money number go up and the economy is fine, the American people will still vote for him. Its terrifying, he's going to be the cause of the deaths of potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans and they seem to be okay with it!

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's clear he's not a politician in a million years and so he runs the country like one of his businesses. As long as money number go up and the economy is fine, the American people will still vote for him. Its terrifying, he's going to be the cause of the deaths of potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans and they seem to be okay with it!

I do find it strange that there is no effective opposition in the USA. 

10 hours ago, john777 said:

Allow all HEALTHY under 60s back to school and work ( providing they don,t live with anyone with underlying conditions or over 60s ) 

"Statista" for Italy publish much quicker results than uk showing just over 1000 of their 25000+ deaths where to people under 60 , it is widely reported that 90% of All deaths had pre conditions meaning approx. 100 deaths to healthy under 60,s

uk ONS  (office of national statistics )  report 10th april (slow reporting ) approx 9000 out of 10300  deaths over 65 , on TODAYS  figures (18700 ) approx 2000 under 65 deaths ( 90% pre conditions = 200 healthy under 65,s have died,

All covid  deaths are tragic  but surely on these statistics we should concentrate on protecting the NHS  and care workers , lockdown all vulnerable and elderly people till a vaccine is available and get the HEALTHY under 60,s back to work , with regular testing and social distancing and SAVE millions of jobs !! 

So, how does allowing all healthy under 60s back to school and work protect the NHS and care workers more than what we're doing right now?

Testing isn't even close to the government target yet, so by your own criteria we should not do what you're suggesting. We aren't going to be wasting tests on the same people over and over again right now when we can't even test people who've got symptoms and have never been tested before.

Deaths are not the only thing tragic about COVID. The over 70s and otherwise vulnerable are trapped in their homes more than most. My in-laws are in that category and are having a bit of an existential crisis at the moment, they can't properly see their only grandchild who is only about 18 months old and who was previously making up such a large part of their elderly life. They can't see anyone at all, they can't go out to shops, they can go out for a bit of exercise if they get up really early and that's about it. I'm only 29 but I went through existential anxiety a year ago and it's terrifying. I was saved by being around other people. Going through that pretty much on your own, I can't even imagine.

It would be nice if people who are so willing to abandon those people to the solitude of their homes, whilst the rest of us get on with our lives apparently as normal, demonstrated a bit of compassion for them and their situations. And remember, if the people who are helping to keep them alive by delivering their supplies end up getting the virus because everyone is now allowed to do what they want again, these people might be forced out of their homes just to get those supplies themselves. So how safe will they really be?

• Like 3

Just incase anyone on here was going and hasn't seen, the Killers concert at the Riverside has been postponed to Thursday 10th June next year.

10 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I do find it strange that there is no effective opposition in the USA. 

I can't believe in the space of the last 4 years, barely anyone has rose to stand out amongst the crowd as a legitimate opposition to this catastrophe of a president.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You could say the same about our own country.

The reason there is no effective opposition either here or in the US is down to the way the left is portrayed in the media and how gullible large sections of society are to believe the lies. It's nothing to do with policies, it never is. Democracy is depressing - who can lie best with little sound bites that dont ever reflect the true picture 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

The reason there is no effective opposition either here or in the US is down to the way the left is portrayed in the media and how gullible large sections of society are to believe the lies. It's nothing to do with policies, it never is. Democracy is depressing - who can lie best with little sound bites that dont ever reflect the true picture 

Yup. But when right wing parties have left wing policies, they're surprisingly popular...

"We hate communism! Ooh, you're giving us all $1200 for nothing. Smashing"

(I'm not sure Americans say 'smashing', but you get the gist...)

3 minutes ago, boroie said:

I'm not sure if this is parody, but either way it's glorious

I take it all back. Trump surely is a man of the people (Well those type of people anyways) 😂