• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Maybe the refs will have to start booking players if they spend too much time next to other players. 

Would make the ‘walls’  a lot easier to shoot through with free kicks 🤔

• Like 2

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy!

Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the first few pages in early March where everyone was thinking it would be nothing, but it's easy to say that now with hindsight.

I'm sure no-one probably cares or has been affected really, but if anyone's experiencing any dental problems throughout lockdown feel free to get in touch with me if you're after advice.

The government forced the closure of practices nationwide, other than for severe emergencies and triaging over the phone. Thankfully, there are some urgent dental centres opening now in Teesside, who are helping out to treat patients that are suffering through severe pain. I myself am also doing this, but in the Wearside area.

The services are under a great amount of strain, and we are trying to limit it to only severe problems, so if you had a little niggle or problem and just wanted advice on how to deal with the pain or how to temporise your own tooth, direct message me and at least that might take the strain off services a little!

I hope everyone's doing well. I know it pales into insignificance in the context of our current situation, but I miss football so much! I'd give anything to be at the Riverside and watch the Boro get defeated by Luton 1-0 🙂 

• Like 7

Jimmy, you can't take direct messages apparently. My query is, if I have no symptoms (so I'm not coughing or sneezing) why can't dentists see me? They always wear masks and gloves anyway. It's one more stress in a very stressful situation

Thanks

1 hour ago, guineapig said:

Jimmy, you can't take direct messages apparently. My query is, if I have no symptoms (so I'm not coughing or sneezing) why can't dentists see me? They always wear masks and gloves anyway. It's one more stress in a very stressful situation

Thanks

Can I not? I'll have to look at my settings...

In answer to your question... the masks that we use generally are pretty much useless against the spread of CoVID and there's a complete shortage of the available masks that we would need (FFP3 masks). Even if you think you've got no CoVID symptoms you could still be carrying CoVID, and as you can appreciate Dentists work pretty close to patient's mouths and definitely within 2 metres! The drills that we use as well produce aerosols (water spray), which again you can imagine is an absolute ideal way to spread the virus.

More and more centres are opening, and providing urgent treatment but mainly in the form of extractions. We've been pretty much told that under no circumstances should we be using a dental drill at this time.

All of this has filtered from the government down to us. It's not a choice we are making as a profession. We try daily to help our patients so it's very disheartening to see your own patients in pain with little you can do to help them, and it's also crap seeing a lot of work you do deteriorate throughout this period without being able to help fix it.

Hopefully will change soon, but who knows!

Jimmy, I have taken over 10 weeks to get over that Luton game and now you would watch it again, noooooooooooooo.

Seriously I understand your post. stay safe and thanks for the offer of advice.

• Like 1

It amazes me that anyone can seriously be talking about the chances of players being infected, let alone a “responsible body”.  Covid-19 is a truly horrible – and potentially fatal – disease!  You do not gamble with players’ lives in this way. Football is just a game!

Here is a message on Facebook written by a friend of mine in Stockholm who has Covid-19:

13 days with Covid-19.

Terrible pain in my joints

Dry cough

Chills

Sweating

Nausea

A burning pain on my skin

Pain in my legs

Pain in my arms

Bad as hell in my whole body!

Feeling sick!

No sense of taste

Feeling sick

Sick and tired

Dizzy

Headache from hell!

Neck pain

Feeling bad

Itching in my nose

Itching feet

Rash over my whole chest and stomach,

Itching!

Feeling sick

Numbness in my hands and feet

Feeling sick

F*****g s**t virus!

She is a woman in her 50s, so she's likely to recover. But I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

And if you want the latest, no-BS updates on the world statistics, this is the place to go (not HM Govt): https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0CMcYJhjRFqOP0buYKA3TZLMCENXssRFt8oqcdSC6KOe5NnBrL4DOzUOA

Stay safe.

Edited by Oslo_Syd
14 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

They should just end the season if they are doing this. If you need to do things like this, then it clearly isn’t safe for the games to go on

They started by suggesting neutral grounds and behind closed doors, I fear this is heading in a certain direction.

They’ll end up playing the games in Dubai, or somewhere similar it’s what the premier league have wanted all along. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Oslo_Syd said:

I

And if you want the latest, no-BS updates on the world statistics, this is the place to go (not HM Govt): https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR0CMcYJhjRFqOP0buYKA3TZLMCENXssRFt8oqcdSC6KOe5NnBrL4DOzUOA

Stay safe.

As no-one knows how many people have had it (because not everyone has been tested or admitted to hospital) it is impossible to prove the mortality rate. I wouldn't mind betting it is considerably lower than 3%. We have become frightened of our own shadow. Going out is a horrible experience - not because I fear catching the virus because I genuinely don't the way we are living now but because human interaction has become a thing to be feared and avoided at all costs. I get that the Government had to ramp up the rhetoric to get people to comply with the lockdown measures, and I don't doubt that this has kept the disease under control, but how you get people to return to normality when they are so fearful is going to be almost as big a challenge as getting them to where we are now

1 hour ago, BoroJake said:

They should just end the season if they are doing this. If you need to do things like this, then it clearly isn’t safe for the games to go on

I don't think either playing for less time or ending the season protects the integrity of the sport. And whilst we still can protect the integrity of the sport, I would like to think we should strive to do so. No need to put anyone at risk too soon but there's also no need to abandon the hard work of the season that has gone on so far, in my opinion. If they turned round and said we will play again when there's a vaccine but we will complete the seasons we have already played a portion of, I would definitely be for that, even it's a last resort and we only restart the season in 12-18 months time.

There's a lot of people in football who think cancelling it is just the right way to do it, who would not be saying that if their team was in a better position in the table. I'm glad our manager isn't one of those and has spoken out about wanting to finish the season. There's no way the general Boro fan would be as open to it if we currently sat at the top of the table. After all, we don't have very much to lose and possibly even something to gain as a team by resetting the table.

• Like 1