oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

20 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

And yet Elite football will continue...all about the money.

Seriously though. 40 cases is nothing. It's testing amongst 20 clubs players and staff included. They are not getting close to the general public much and are continuosly tested. I really fail to see the problem. Whether you like it or not money obviously means something as we are talking the livelyhood of thousands of people and the future of a huge industry. Not just a few wealthy footballers.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

Just seen that Israel have vaccinated 15% of the public which I find pretty astounding. If we can get enough vaccine doses the Danish authorities can vaccinate 100.000 people every day before the end of february. Just hope that the production can supply us quick enough.

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Seriously though. 40 cases is nothing. It's testing amongst 20 clubs players and staff included. They are not getting close to the general public much and are continuosly tested. I really fail to see the problem. Whether you like it or not money obviously means something as we are talking the livelyhood of thousands of people and the future of a huge industry. Not just a few wealthy footballers.

Agree 100% with this 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Just seen that Israel have vaccinated 15% of the public which I find pretty astounding. If we can get enough vaccine doses the Danish authorities can vaccinate 100.000 people every day before the end of february. Just hope that the production can supply us quick enough.

Israel have the benefits of an exceedingly well-educated, relatively small population, excellent healthcare, loads of money and a start-up attitude. They are very good at getting things done. 

1 hour ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Israel have the benefits of an exceedingly well-educated, relatively small population, excellent healthcare, loads of money and a start-up attitude. They are very good at getting things done.

Aye like wiping Palestine off the map 👀

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Also still have national service too, so you'd assume their population (in general) is a little more obedient/disciplined, compared to our population (in general).

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Just seen the danish vaccination programme and they expect everyone over 15 years to be vaccinated twice by mid June. Really hoping they can keep that plan. 

We've been told we'll have 15m people vaccinated by mid-February. Hope that happens but I'm not holding my breath.

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

They've not been able to confirm if you can still spread the virus after being vaccinated yet have they? 

If it turns out after the first or even the 2nd dose you can't spread it, that'll be a really big turning point too.

I always thought the vaccine prepared your body to fight the virus via muscle memory for want of a better phrase. 
It doesn’t stop you getting/transferring it. 

Again happy to be told otherwise 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I always thought the vaccine prepared your body to fight the virus via muscle memory for want of a better phrase. 
It doesn’t stop you getting/transferring it. 

Again happy to be told otherwise 🤷‍♂️

It's that exact immune response, in the case of other vaccines, that prevents you from spreading the virus you've been vaccinated against. As your body fights the virus off and effectively limits the virus from replicating itself, so you become much less likely to spread it. 

In the case of COVID I'm not sure they have enough data to show one way or another at the moment.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Had my first vaccination today (had the Pfizer one) seemed to be getting through people pretty quickly. Got to wait 10 weeks for my second jab.

IMG_20210108_140346_609.jpg

10 weeks? I thought it had to happen 3-4 weeks after the first for it to be effective? What is the official thought on that @BearSmog?