oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

13 hours ago, Blanco said:

10 weeks? I thought it had to happen 3-4 weeks after the first for it to be effective? What is the official thought on that @BearSmog?

I would personally like to recieve the 2nd dose a bit quicker,  but if it means more people getting the first dose sooner then I'm all for it.

On the vaccine itself, since having the jab I have been incredibly dehydrated, have the worst headache and my heart rate in the first 24 hours has been between 20 and 30 beats per minute faster than normal (I wear a smart watch). Oh and my arm hurts like hell. Hope it's all worth it! 

• Wow 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I would personally like to recieve the 2nd dose a bit quicker,  but if it means more people getting the first dose sooner then I'm all for it.

On the vaccine itself, since having the jab I have been incredibly dehydrated, have the worst headache and my heart rate in the first 24 hours has been between 20 and 30 beats per minute faster than normal (I wear a smart watch). Oh and my arm hurts like hell. Hope it's all worth it! 

Oh dear hopefully it won’t last too much longer @BearSmog

39 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Well they did say there would be side-effects. After all, the vaccine basically teaches your immune system to recognise Covid, so if you get the full-blown version in future, your body will be able to fight it.

It used the proteins or something found in the "spikes" of the Covid virus and essentially gives you a very mild version of it. So I think its quite normal (or at least not unexpected) to feel a bit crappy afterwards.

That said, if it continues for more than a few days, I'd probably be contacting my GP. Hope you're feeling better very soon!

8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well they did say there would be side-effects. After all, the vaccine basically teaches your immune system to recognise Covid, so if you get the full-blown version in future, your body will be able to fight it.

It used the proteins or something found in the "spikes" of the Covid virus and essentially gives you a very mild version of it. So I think its quite normal (or at least not unexpected) to feel a bit crappy afterwards.

That said, if it continues for more than a few days, I'd probably be contacting my GP. Hope you're feeling better very soon!

Yeah,  on my vaccination card they say the side effects can be expected for up to a week. They list headache, sore arm and slight fever as the side effects to expect and if you discover any others to let them know. 

50 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment, if it carries on for a few more days at the same intensity, I'd speak to your GP.

For what it's worth when I get the flu jab every year, my arm is really sore and heavy for a day or 2, then it subsides pretty quick. What I will say though when I got the Swine Flu vaccine, it literally felt like I had a golf ball in my armpit, that was bad.

12 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It used the proteins or something found in the "spikes" of the Covid virus and essentially gives you a very mild version of it.

Yeah the Pfizer vaccine isolates the actual virus protein spike and places it inside RNA molecules (which are similar to DNA, but not the same). It's the protein spike that the virus uses to enter our cells, and then the virus once inside would replicate.

With these vaccines (mRNA) they only use the virus protein spike on it's own. So it doesn't actually even give you a mild version of it. But the vaccine "trains" your immune system to recognise that spike in future and attack it. Meaning if you caught the virus later on, it wouldn't be able to enter the cells as easily. If that makes sense? 

Obviously the science behind it is incredibly detailed, so my explanation is very very simplistic! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

My missus had her  second Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday and has had a headache for the last couple of days. 

My misses hasn't had any vaccine yet and she says this anyway.

Edit: She works in a Primary school, and I'm a little surprised that Teachers and Teaching assistants aren't on the priority list for it.

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 1:33 PM, BearSmog said:

Yeah,  on my vaccination card they say the side effects can be expected for up to a week. They list headache, sore arm and slight fever as the side effects to expect and if you discover any others to let them know. 

On 1/9/2021 at 1:48 PM, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

My missus had her  second Pfizer vaccine on Wednesday and has had a headache for the last couple of days. 

Feeling better?

23 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Her headache has gone which is good. She’s on the clinically vulnerable list these days (one of the reasons she got an early vaccine) so some days are better than others. 

Good to hear ❤️ 

Does anyone else know anybody who has been jabbed.. If yes, then what about side effect symptoms? Was there any, and for how long?

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Good to hear ❤️ 

Does anyone else know anybody who has been jabbed.. If yes, then what about side effect symptoms? Was there any, and for how long?

Symptoms lasted with my wife and I  for no more than 48 hours.. both absolutely fine now. Headaches and fatigue seemed to be the most prominent symptoms we encountered.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Good to hear ❤️ 

My grandparents were both ok. Bit of a sore arm, but thats it. 

Have heard of other people who are tired and headachey for a day or two