• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

What does it look like with stadium capacity next season in England? In Denmark we're fully open from 1 August.

I don't think anything has been mentioned yet as far as I know. I suspect it won't be long before we're back at full capacity, though. We went up 20% 2nd dose vaccinations for over 18s throughout May to ~50%.

By mid-end of June, I'm guessing the 2nd vaccinations might slow down a bit to match the slowed 1st vaccinations from later in March when the 2nd vaccinations started up (due to 11-12 week waits) but by then we should be near 70% over 18s with a 2nd vaccination.

Assuming uptake continues at a relatively decent rate into the under 30s though, we should be in a pretty good position by the time the Championship starts again.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Was really looking forward to watching England v Czech game in the Mess tonight (£1.40 per pint) but got a message from track and trace saying I have to self isolate for 3 days so will be watching it in my room in the block 🤬

1st question why the frick 3 days 🤷‍♂️

2nd question how come others on the course I was attending (who had the app) didn’t get the same message 🤷‍♂️

if anyone could shed some light on this would be appreciated

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Was really looking forward to watching England v Czech game in the Mess tonight (£1.40 per pint) but got a message from track and trace saying I have to self isolate for 3 days so will be watching it in my room in the block 🤬

1st question why the frick 3 days 🤷‍♂️

2nd question how come others on the course I was attending (who had the app) didn’t get the same message 🤷‍♂️

if anyone could shed some light on this would be appreciated

It happened to me a few months ago. By the time they pinged my phone, four days had passed since the supposed contact and so I only had to isolate for  6 days as it’s 10 days in total from the actual contact event, because they reckon your could be infectious for up to 10 days. Was your course a week ago?

As far as the others on the course - it depends where you sat. For the app to contact you, it means your phone and the contacts phone were near each other for a couple of minutes. So the others you know might not have been near the contact for long enough ( passing each other in a corridor or on the way in or out is not enough to set the app off.)

I’m on the course this week. Last week I was on the ranges. Literally stood in a field in the middle of Salisbury plain 🤷‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’m on the course this week. Last week I was on the ranges. Literally stood in a field in the middle of Salisbury plain 🤷‍♂️

Still means the supposed contact was last week - which is why no one else on course has had to isolate. Either you were near someone on the ranges for around 15 minutes ( or at some other point in day), or did you leave your phone in a locker whilst you were on range? That often triggers a supposed contact even if you were never near the actual person!

• 4 weeks later...

I see our glorious leaders have decided self isolating is a waste of time the moment it effects then. 18 months of pain for ordinary people and they just do whatever they want.

No doubt you'll get people on here claiming they "did the best they could" anyway.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I see our glorious leaders have decided self isolating is a waste of time the moment it effects then. 18 months of pain for ordinary people and they just do whatever they want.

No doubt you'll get people on here claiming they "did the best they could" anyway.

They've u-turned on it already.

The shitstorm that was building forced that.

They really are clowns, baffling that they didn't expect the huge backlash.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They've u-turned on it already.

The shitstorm that was building forced that.

They really are clowns, baffling that they didn't expect the huge backlash.

Who is actually advising them? It's crazy. I've never seen a government u turn as often as this one does.

43 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Who is actually advising them? It's crazy. I've never seen a government u turn as often as this one does.

That’s what happens when the public elect a populist government, they are guided by the weight of public opinion. 

Happy freedom day everyone!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I think originally they did do the best they could but still made serious errors.

Since near the end of the first lockdown it’s been a *** storm. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah ropey place Bedford, pretty sure they have a prison in the middle of the town.

They do and very close to the bus station for a quick getaway!

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

They did the best they could... 😛

Actually you neglected to mention they were part of a trial that meant they didn't need to isolate and involved daily testing instead. They tried it before when Hancock was still Health Secretary.

The U-turn was basically forced on them by Labour and others kicking up a stink about it.

Besides its not like there haven't been plenty of ordinary people ignoring the rules for ages.

22 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s what happens when the public elect a populist government, they are guided by the weight of public opinion. 

Happy freedom day everyone!

It is kind of weak. They were part of a pilot scheme that involved daily testing, rather than self-isolation, but caved in to opposition and public pressure.

Certainly not Freedom Day as far as I'm concerned. Not with infection rates the way they are. I'm still gonna be treating everyone else like they've got plague. 😁

• Like 1