• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Aren't the weekend numbers always a bit suspect? I suspect that the Club and Event gatherings of last week will start to have an effect soon, would be absolutely delighted to be wrong of course.

Yeah, they always dip Saturday through Monday. Tomorrow's figures normally tell the true story 

• Like 1

Also to add to this the results from the 19th onwards haven’t been released yet. They should come this week so I reckon they’ll be a big increase 

I do think that the drop in reported cases is linked to the schools now being broken up for summer - weren't they mass testing all of the kids and staff? That must also have an effect?

I'm personally really frustrated as I tested positive on Sunday three days before my second vaccination...I've felt like since Freedom Day was announced, people who only have 1 dose of the vaccination could be the collateral of pushing ahead with it rather than giving all adults enough time to have both doses. 

I do also think that some people who are positive are just self isolating rather than taking networks of people down through track and trace by registering positive cases as i've just wiped out my entire circle of mates in one go.

1 minute ago, boksicdink said:

I do think that the drop in reported cases is linked to the schools now being broken up for summer - weren't they mass testing all of the kids and staff? That must also have an effect?

I'm personally really frustrated as I tested positive on Sunday three days before my second vaccination...I've felt like since Freedom Day was announced, people who only have 1 dose of the vaccination could be the collateral of pushing ahead with it rather than giving all adults enough time to have both doses. 

I do also think that some people who are positive are just self isolating rather than taking networks of people down through track and trace by registering positive cases as i've done as a result of my test. 

A lot of people I know have uninstalled the track & trace app from their phone due to fears over work, holidays or just general freedoms. That's not to say that they are all selfish, there are a lot of mental health issues as well as genuine financial concerns. Added to that, credibility for the app has diminished as the Country has now effectively ground to a halt and stories abound about people being pinged because of someone who lives nearby but with whom they have never met. Just the very word "pingdemic" raises frustrated cynical eyebrows.

Let's hope however that it is Herd immunity starting to kick in rather than a lack of reporting. The real test will be in Hospital intakes and deaths, that is one set of figures that can't be corrupted.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

A lot of people I know have uninstalled the track & trace app from their phone due to fears over work, holidays or just general freedoms. That's not to say that they are all selfish, there are a lot of mental health issues as well as genuine financial concerns. Added to that, credibility for the app has diminished as the Country has now effectively ground to a halt and stories abound about people being pinged because of someone who lives nearby but with whom they have never met. Just the very word "pingdemic" raises frustrated cynical eyebrows.

Let's hope however that it is Herd immunity starting to kick in rather than a lack of reporting. The real test will be in Hospital intakes and deaths, that is one set of figures that can't be corrupted.

I've heard stories about people in terraced houses being pinged because the guy in the house next door tested positive and they sat against the same wall.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

I've heard stories about people in terraced houses being pinged because the guy in the house next door tested positive and they sat against the same wall.

I've heard tales of someone living on the 2nd floor of a block of flats being pinged because the bloke upstairs through a concrete floor was isolating. There does need to be controls in place but surely a simple piece of advice to test daily for 5 days or whatever should suffice.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not sure how you can get around this whilst keeping the app anonymised. Using a bluetooth connection would render it unable to detect if there is a wall between you, so without having your addresses then I don't see how you can avoid that situation.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

100%. I went to Lords a few weeks ago to watch England v Pakistan and everybody did a lateral flow test to get I didnt see a single person check in using the app because of the sensitivity and the risk of getting pinged. 

Can you imagine if my positive test result had then potentially ruined something like a friend's wedding etc.?! so I totally get that mindset particularly when the Government have had the whole "do as I say" approach to this throughout. 

• Like 1

We’ve had people pinged as we live in a block (similar to a travelodge) and one guy put his phone in a locker (for security purposes) and was alerted when the phone in the locker next to his clocked it. Even though he was going to a very high secure building with very limited access

I've just heard reinfections aren't being counted in the daily figures any more, though the same person also said that's estimated at only about 1% of the cases anyway. So surely wouldn't have such a drastic effect on the numbers.

49 minutes ago, Uwe said:

We’ve had people pinged as we live in a block (similar to a travelodge) and one guy put his phone in a locker (for security purposes) and was alerted when the phone in the locker next to his clocked it. Even though he was going to a very high secure building with very limited access

What even happens in situations like this. Does he have to isolate or because he knows what happened is he allowed to ignore the ping?

I'm assuming people are ignoring the pings anyway?

18 minutes ago, Brunners said:

What even happens in situations like this. Does he have to isolate or because he knows what happened is he allowed to ignore the ping?

I'm assuming people are ignoring the pings anyway?

The Military are still rigid in their mitigation rules. So he had to isolate for the 10 days (although for some reason his alert said 7 days).We are still wearing masks in common areas and reduced numbers in meetings etc

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The Military are still rigid in their mitigation rules. So he had to isolate for the 10 days (although for some reason his alert said 7 days).We are still wearing masks in common areas and reduced numbers in meetings etc

I mean I get why the military would do that but that must have sucked for that guy.