oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I mean I get why the military would do that but that must have sucked for that guy.

Last September we had a couple of positive case's who's wives told them to stay in the Mess and not come home to isolate. within three days they'd pretty much pinged the whole corridor and the rooms above/below them ended up taking out about 30 people from the camp

• Wow 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Last September we had a couple of positive case's who's wives told them to stay in the Mess and not come home to isolate. within three days they'd pretty much pinged the whole corridor and the rooms above/below them ended up taking out about 30 people from the camp

😬😬😬😬😬

okay that's not great.

56 minutes ago, Brunners said:

😬😬😬😬😬

okay that's not great.

I know. We don’t have the luxury of not having the app either it’s in orders. 

• Sad 1

Now down to 23,500 infections today

we'll see how it all plays out and how each factor affected it but not for a while yet.  I'd be happy if the rate of fall slowed and we got close to plateauing and then dropped again.  I might be very happy then as we might well be on the way to the so called new-normal

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 5:29 PM, Rishworthian said:

Now down to 23,500 infections today

we'll see how it all plays out and how each factor affected it but not for a while yet.  I'd be happy if the rate of fall slowed and we got close to plateauing and then dropped again.  I might be very happy then as we might well be on the way to the so called new-normal

Now that restrictions are basically all off, I think we can expect infections to spike again and remain fairly high...at least until the younger folks get vaccinated.

They're now trying to roll out jabs to 16-17 year olds, but when I went for my 2nd jab the nurse said they aren't seeing many younger people. There appears to be a certain amount of resistance in that age group.

I think infection rates are less of a worry, as long as hospitalisations and deaths decrease / remain low. The latter seems to be bouncing around a bit lately. Some days its only 20-30 and others its around 100.

Could it be a coincidence that the generation that grew up with social media is the most resistant to getting vaccinated? When you read some of the misinformation (and outright garbage) that is doing the rounds, it does make you worry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58164833

When a movie writer has to defend one of his film's plots against anti-vaxxer conspiracies, you know the world is in trouble.

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Now that restrictions are basically all off, I think we can expect infections to spike again and remain fairly high...at least until the younger folks get vaccinated.

They're now trying to roll out jabs to 16-17 year olds, but when I went for my 2nd jab the nurse said they aren't seeing many younger people. There appears to be a certain amount of resistance in that age group.

I think infection rates are less of a worry, as long as hospitalisations and deaths decrease / remain low. The latter seems to be bouncing around a bit lately. Some days its only 20-30 and others its around 100.

Could it be a coincidence that the generation that grew up with social media is the most resistant to getting vaccinated? When you read some of the misinformation (and outright garbage) that is doing the rounds, it does make you worry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58164833

When a movie writer has to defend one of his film's plots against anti-vaxxer conspiracies, you know the world is in trouble.

I don’t think resistance is the right word, but more apathy. It doesn’t really threaten them the way it does other age groups. 
When I asked my very soon to be 17yr old son if he’s gonna get his jabs, he replied “Nah, even if I get it the chances are I’ll be fine”. He soon changed his tune when I said he can stay with his mother while me and his sister fly out on holiday tho. And after a mature chat about it’s not for him, or me or his sister. But more his nana & granddad and his great grandmother he much more onside now

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I don’t think resistance is the right word, but more apathy. It doesn’t really threaten them the way it does other age groups. 
When I asked my very soon to be 17yr old son if he’s gonna get his jabs, he replied “Nah, even if I get it the chances are I’ll be fine”. He soon changed his tune when I said he can stay with his mother while me and his sister fly out on holiday tho. And after a mature chat about it’s not for him, or me or his sister. But more his nana & granddad and his great grandmother he much more onside now

Not that you need to be judged on your parenting 😂 but fair play Uwe, think you've handled that spot on.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Sadly not all 16/17 year olds are as reasonable as your son and/or have intelligent parents.

Edit - What I really mean is that if the parents haven't bothered getting the jab, then the chances of their kids having it is highly unlikely.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

@Dynamo Kev will keep it in the right place.

You will also find literally thousands of times more scientists, doctors, virologists who totally support vaccines. Why are you choosing to believe a tiny minority?

As for why I care? Because you choosing not to be vaccinated doesn't only affect you. If you also spread misinformation like Lyle Taylor then to be completely honest, I see you as a morally reprehensible 🛎️end.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

DZ lets cool it with the personal insults please, just going to start a fight.

Anyone deliberately spreading misinformation regarding vaccines is an idiot in my eyes. I won't apologise for that, and I will always call such people out.

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Anyone deliberately spreading misinformation regarding vaccines is an idiot in my eyes. I won't apologise for that, and I will always call such people out.

Feel free to do so, but this board doesn't accept personal insults whatever the reason. 

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No better than those swines who spread misinformation regarding football transfers in my opinion 😡