Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I've literally quoted him insulting someone on this page, it happens all the time and people on here complain about new members. 

Since I came back on here, I can’t help but notice how very cliquey this place has become, it’s really not very welcoming these days. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

I've literally quoted him insulting someone on this page, it happens all the time and people on here complain about new members. 

and he was told to cut it out. Also, that doesn't mean more isn't going on in the background about it. I understand where you're coming from but I can swear down we do not play favourites. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not an easy job and it is very necessary when you see what other forums are like. Can understand when you get a little tired of it. Does seem as though some posters are willing to take offence at the slightest thing, but we all have bad days and I think sometimes Real Life creeps into things..  Not sure how many mods there are, but a modicum of control is required and if some people can't take a little criticism, then not your fault..  only suggestion would be Using PM to say stuff might be a consideration though accept not always possible 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so maybe specifically referring to Kev was a bit unnecessary.

I'll generalise it instead shall I?

If you're an anti-vaxxer you're a *** idiot. You're even worse if you then spread your conspiracy theory bullshit in a public forum. People have died (and are still very much dying) of covid related symptoms because they fell down a stupid rabbit hole of misinformation and outright lies and refused to get the vaccine.

That is all.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else starting to get anxious again, with the rising numbers of infections, hospitalisations & deaths? Coupled with the recent news that boosters jabs may be necessary, now that the science is showing the levels of protection offered by the vaccines decreases after a few months?

If this carries on, coupled with the usual winter flu season, we could be seeing some pretty unpleasant stats.

I'm now feeling more reluctant to socialise again and still generally try to keep my distance from other people. Still wear a mask when in shops and other enclosed spaces. In some places its still mandatory...others its now optional.

I suppose if you're double vaccinated and catch Covid, the symptoms should at least be relatively mild and the upside is that you'll have more antibodies to fight it off in future.

On the bright side though (as my neighbour said to me the other day) - at least we don't live in Afghanistan! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Anyone else starting to get anxious again, with the rising numbers of infections, hospitalisations & deaths? Coupled with the recent news that boosters jabs may be necessary, now that the science is showing the levels of protection offered by the vaccines decreases after a few months?

If this carries on, coupled with the usual winter flu season, we could be seeing some pretty unpleasant stats.

I'm now feeling more reluctant to socialise again and still generally try to keep my distance from other people. Still wear a mask when in shops and other enclosed spaces. In some places its still mandatory...others its now optional.

On the bright side though (as my neighbour said to me the other day) - at least we don't live in Afghanistan! 

 

There's a new variant been discovered in South Africa too, experts are saying it's the most mutated variant so far (meaning it could potentially evade the current vaccines):

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/new-covid-variant-detected-in-south-africa-most-mutated-variant-so-far-678011

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

There's a new variant been discovered in South Africa too, experts are saying it's the most mutated variant so far (meaning it could potentially evade the current vaccines):

https://www.jpost.com/health-science/new-covid-variant-detected-in-south-africa-most-mutated-variant-so-far-678011

Interesting choice of news source...are you also Jewish by any chance?

Anyway, back on topic, yes the SA variant is a worry. There was an outbreak of it in Birmingham back in April.

There does seem to be general consensus that the AZ, Jansen & Novavax vaccines are less effective against it.

A study carried out in SA found the AZ vaccine was as little as 10% effective, against mild to moderate "Beta" infections. 😭 If you got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines you should be okay as they are over 90% effective (based on a study in Qatar). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55534727

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Interesting choice of news source...are you also Jewish by any chance?

Anyway, back on topic, yes the SA variant is a worry. There was an outbreak of it in Birmingham back in April.

There does seem to be general consensus that the AZ, Jansen & Novavax vaccines are less effective against it.

A study carried out in SA found the AZ vaccine was as little as 10% effective, against mild to moderate "Beta" infections. 😭 If you got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines you should be okay as they are over 90% effective (based on a study in Qatar). 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55534727

 

No, I copied and pasted that news link from another forum I post on which was discussing it.

Basically, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are eventually going to be the cause of the end of humanity. It's grim.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

No, I copied and pasted that news link from another forum I post on which was discussing it.

Basically, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers are eventually going to be the cause of the end of humanity. It's grim.

I think the ones that *** me off the most are the ones going on about being forced to get vaccinated is a "violation of their human rights". The utter selfishness and stupidity is just staggering. Like screw everyone else...what about ME? 🤦‍♂️😠

Its not even that they're worried about potential side-effects, its simply they don't want to because they don't want to.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I think the ones that *** me off the most are the ones going on about being forced to get vaccinated is a "violation of their human rights". The utter selfishness and stupidity is just staggering. Like screw everyone else...what about ME? 🤦‍♂️😠

Its not even that they're worried about potential side-effects, its simply they don't want to because they don't want to.

 

Trust me, I've had conversations with people like this; they just don't get the "greater good" concept. It's their body so if they want to risk getting covid they will, if others don't they can get vaccinated that's not their problem. It's absolutely maddening.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Trust me, I've had conversations with people like this; they just don't get the "greater good" concept. It's their body so if they want to risk getting covid they will, if others don't they can get vaccinated that's not their problem. It's absolutely maddening.

Given the last fella we chatted to on Twitter about it, I think it's a load of bull that just covers up the real reason they don't get vaccinated which is nothing to do with them just not wanting it (or worse, not wanting to have any consequences for not having it when it's a public health matter). It's because they actually believe the *** conspiracy theorists come out with and don't want to immediately admit to that.

Incredibly I think the reason they hold off on that must be because they probably know on some level it's dumb to believe conspiracy theorists when what the vast majority of them do is disagree with commonly accepted theories for no reason other than to be contrary to popular belief... but it does fit what they want to hear more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Given the last fella we chatted to on Twitter about it, I think it's a load of bull that just covers up the real reason they don't get vaccinated which is nothing to do with them just not wanting it (or worse, not wanting to have any consequences for not having it when it's a public health matter). It's because they actually believe the *** conspiracy theorists come out with and don't want to immediately admit to that.

Incredibly I think the reason they hold off on that must be because they probably know on some level it's dumb to believe conspiracy theorists when what the vast majority of them do is disagree with commonly accepted theories for no reason other than to be contrary to popular belief... but it does fit what they want to hear more.

That was quite the rollercoaster talk; started out all "i just don't think I need it" and ended with "yeah well conspiracies are real" was very odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Oh I agree it's definitely just a rumour, but people rating him as a player whilst also sharing his views isn't out of the realm of possibility.

For example, one prominent poster here recently outed themselves as an anti-vaxxer, I dare say there are probably others.

I know I shouldn't use Facebook as an example but the sheer amount of anti-vaxxers who comment on anything Teesside Live posts about Covid-19 is staggering. Going onto those people's profiles is even more worrying.

people dont trust the establishment and dont want to be a human guinepig. its freedom of choice.

what did it for me was a young man with same medical condition as 2 of my children took the jab. leading up to getting it this young man was terrified of getting covid because he was scared on how dangerous covid was to him. because of his weakened body at his age. the jab killed him the day after. which was pretty mortifying to me, as i was telling the other parents(including his mum) when discussing getting the vaccine to not risk it. 

we all know that covid will only kill a small percentage of people who contract it. but the doctors on tv constantly telling us vacc is totally safe blah blah. we will isnt and he died because they outright lied about the vaccine being safe. from the way i see it its just as dangerous as the virus to us. 

i wont have that vaccine put into my childrens weak bodies so i wont be taking it either. i'll take my chances with covid which none of us have got yet 18 months later. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

That was quite the rollercoaster talk; started out all "i just don't think I need it" and ended with "yeah well conspiracies are real" was very odd.

It was when I asked if they believed in consequences for unvaccinated i.e. the kind of limitations a vaccine passport could provide and they were fully against it, no question about it.

I'm not saying vaccine passports are entirely the right thing to do but conceptually, a solution that protects the vulnerable and those that for some reason can't get vaccinated would appear to be the best thing to do for the entirety of society, to create a society where via choice you can mostly be a proper member of society. 

Some people in this don't have a choice and are already limited in what they can do. The majority of anti-vaxxers are basically sticking two fingers up at the vulnerable and saying that's not their problem but they want to be free to do what they want 100% of the time and not limited by the public health issue and will cry bloody murder if they feel their civil liberties are being attacked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

people dont trust the establishment and dont want to be a human guinepig. its freedom of choice.

what did it for me was a young man with same medical condition as 2 of my children took the jab. leading up to getting it this young man was terrified of getting covid because he was scared on how dangerous covid was to him. because of his weakened body at his age. the jab killed him the day after. which was pretty mortifying to me, as i was telling the other parents(including his mum) when discussing getting the vaccine to not risk it. 

we all know that covid will only kill a small percentage of people who contract it. but the doctors on tv constantly telling us vacc is totally safe blah blah. we will isnt and he died because they outright lied about the vaccine being safe. from the way i see it its just as dangerous as the virus to us. 

i wont have that vaccine put into my childrens weak bodies so i wont be taking it either. i'll take my chances with covid which none of us have got yet 18 months later. 

 

 

Please stop posting publicly about the covid vaccines. I beg you, because this thinking is outright dangerous, much less spouting about it on a public forum.

EDIT - Your situation and your friend's situation is very different to that of the majority of people refusing the vaccine, and I respect that. But you absolutely should make it clear that it's only really relevant to you and people with the same medical condition. The vast majority of people who have had the vaccine haven't died or suffered from any major side effects.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...