oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond

16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

This time I believe it comes down to the weird eating habits of the chinese people. The stuff they eat and the hygiene of where they eat it are bound to come back and haunt them and thus the rest of the world. 

There is increasing evidence to suggest that the origin of this current nasty isn’t from the Chinese food markets, but rather from more laboratories making mistakes.

Cultural eating habits and consumption of certain products can cause localised problems, the outbreaks of corona type viruses in China and their spread due to food eating and across the world due to travel make me more likely to suspect that the origins are much more Lab based than Labrador based. 

The proximity of labs doing work with bats seems to me a much more likely source of this and other previous corona types. 

However what ever the source things are going to get nasty for some people and it’s going to be a scary time, all we can do is try to be understanding and not cruel or cowardly when we all get asked to make very unpalatable sacrifices, remember it’s not the end of the world and we are not being told MFC is merging with NUFC.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

Hope everyone's doing well and keeping healthy! Haven't posted for a few months due to being busy and the lack of football, but had a gradual read through this thread. Crazy looking back at the f

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Does that mean each table will have their own waitress/waiter?

And how do you separate the workers.

With the life span of the virus not known measures will be long standing 

Not since the end of WW2 have the populations of the world been asked to change their habits and practices on such a wide scale, and like post 1945 societies for good or ill never fully return to how things were before.

your question is the obvious one and it’s answer obvious but unpalatable to any government until it’s forced to act, sadly it’s up to every individual to asses their own personal safety but imo by now there is no more safety eating a sandwich made at home than a sandwich bought from a cafe. But the big thing is we all in the same boat and panic and selfishness are not going to speed up a cure.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Totalitarian State answering to no-one.

You can bet we do not hear what is happening in North Korea as well.

Similar to the people's republic of Middlesbrough FC then. I heard Steve Gibson and Xi Jinping are best of mates 🤠

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, northern boro said:

3 Leicester City players are self-isolating after showing symptoms of coronavirus.

Whole of Real Madrid in quarantine... probably won't play Champions League. 

I wonder if this will be the last weekend of football for a while. 

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

In that they're both terrible and will result in lots of suffering throughout the country? This is the most spot on thing you've said on this thread!

No, just lots of people with an opinion and if your opinion is different to others you are classed as a moron.  #prophetofdoom

Was also just a bit of humour, obviously wasted. 

1 minute ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

No, just lots of people with an opinion and if your opinion is different to others you are classed as a moron.  #prophetofdoom

Was also just a bit of humour, obviously wasted. 

Well if you ignore facts and experts then you're not far wrong there.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Well if you ignore facts and experts then you're not far wrong there.

As the old Michael Gove saying goes "Britain has had enough of experts!"

Just now, Foogle said:

As the old Michael Gove saying goes "Britain has had enough of experts!"

This is often my problem on here.  People just don't want to hear from the more learned amongst us 🙁

4 hours ago, OzzyPorter said:

Really interesting points there. Its certainly more sensible to look at the situation in Italy rather than what happened in China. Much more similarities and much more reliable data. What I find astonishing is how people would rather we carried on as normal and decide not to limit social gatherings in the form of school closures, sporting events postpones, concerts cancelled etc etc. Are those things really worth the life of a person? Get a grip.

The reason restrictions haven’t  happened in the uk yet is because it’s too early. If restrictions are put in to soon they don’t work. You can’t compare what’s happening in Italy to the uk because the Italian government has completely mucked it up. 
here’s a report about one of the first cases in Italy.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-italy-may-have-mishandled-early-case-aiding-spread-2020-2%3famp

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

This is often my problem on here.  People just don't want to hear from the more learned amongst us 🙁

I'm no spring chicken mate.  I'm just not a sheep, opinions are like *** holes.  We all have one.  But if anyone disagrees with your opinion on here then you are branded a fool

Suspend the season for a period of time and then play it out if/when things settle down over the summer.  Delay Euro 2020 until next summer.  The players will still be getting time off, it'll just be now instead of June so that shouldn't be too much of a problem and Euro 2020 is spread around so any financial burden of it being postponed until next summer won't fall on one country.

• Like 2

The issue with cornoavirus is we must stop everything have everyone on lock down. Until the virus stops spreading. As what we doing currently is someone has to get the virus for said place to shut down the horse has already bolted then and most likely given it to countless people