Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

COVID-19 Life now and beyond


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just a thought. If more and more countries implement shut downs will the internet slow down or even crash. 
if you think about the amount who will be using the internet while in isolation, it’s a possibility. Just think we will have to start talking to each other again. 
 

I don't think the internet can slow down or crash😁 it'll probably just be local server parks. However I doubt you'll feel anything. Certain websites might see increased traffic though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had my test results back and they were positive for Covid-19.. So lucky that I just had the mild symptoms!! 

My wife is self isolating due to the anti-cancer drugs she is on, which means we are sleeping in separate bedrooms, separate sofas etc,  I am shopping and cooking all the meals (which we both prefer),

Branson owns an island and a spaceship, but he wants aid from the government and he’s happy to hang his employees out to dry the man is callous. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, trekkers said:

The company who we cater for has now globally told all staff to work from home so as of tomorrow they have no catering needs. Very worrying times for me and my team!!!!

That’s a massive blow, I’m feeling it too, I work freelance and the work has totally dried up in the TV industry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I don't think the internet can slow down or crash😁 it'll probably just be local server parks. However I doubt you'll feel anything. Certain websites might see increased traffic though.

I'm glad we chose this past year to invest in blu-rays from CeX so we won't be affected if Netflix somehow hits peaks!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm glad we chose this past year to invest in blu-rays from CeX so we won't be affected if Netflix somehow hits peaks!

Blu-Rays. Pah! I'm still watching DVDs over here.

With hindsight, Disney+ is launching at the perfect time, with all this self-isolation going on. It's Disney's servers I fear for, as legions of bored children rewatch Cars for the 1,000,000,000,000th time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home, but I need to manage a team of people remotely who are also all working from home - thats pretty challenging. I have 2 small kids but my wife currently does not work, so thankfully she can look after them during the day and leave me some peace to work in. This is going to be tough though for the foreseeable future! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The military on the other hand have committed 10,000 to help support the government in its fight against COVID-19. So actually more work for me is likely than less 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The military on the other hand have committed 10,000 to help support the government in its fight against COVID-19. So actually more work for me is likely than less 

Can you pick my takeaway up and drop it off to save me having to leave the house then please? 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Can you pick my takeaway up and drop it off to save me having to leave the house then please? 👍

Just lol if you're not using Just Eat for all your takeaways these days. They even do a "contactless delivery" option now if you pay by card!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like I'm caught in a storm here as a teacher. Mixed messages from government. Not closing yet but not ruling it out. If so, when? Why are our institutions still open when the whole FECKING CONTINENT is closed??? How am I supposed to explain that to my students??

Kids scared. Parents scared and angry. Colleagues and managers at a loss. Exam schedules in bits. AAAAARGH

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Feel like I'm caught in a storm here as a teacher. Mixed messages from government. Not closing yet but not ruling it out. If so, when? Why are our institutions still open when the whole FECKING CONTINENT is closed??? How am I supposed to explain that to my students??

Kids scared. Parents scared and angry. Colleagues and managers at a loss. Exam schedules in bits. AAAAARGH

What is the current situation with exams? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • August 2021 Sat 7 Fulham A  Sat 14 Bristol City H Wed 18 Queens Park Rangers H Sat 21 Derby County A Sat 28 Blackburn Rovers H September 2021 Sat 11 Coventry City A Wed 15 Nottingham Forest A Sat 18 Blackpool H Sat 25 Reading A Tue 28 Sheffield United H October 2021 Sat 2 Hull City A Sat 16 Peterborough United H Wed 20 Barnsley H Sat 23 Cardiff City A Sat 30 Birmingham City H November 2021 Tue 2 Luton Town A Sat 6 West Bromwich Albion A Sat 20 Millwall H Tue 23 Preston North End H Sat 27 Huddersfield Town A December 2021 Sat 4 Swansea City H Sat 11 Stoke City A Sat 18 AFC Bournemouth H Sun 26 Nottingham Forest H Wed 29 Blackpool A January 2022 Sat 1 Sheffield United A  Sat 15 Reading H Sat 22 Blackburn Rovers A Sat 29 Coventry City H February 2022 Sat 5 Fulham H Wed 9 Queens Park Rangers A Sat 12 Derby County H Sat 19 Bristol City A Tue 22 West Bromwich Albion H Sat 26 Barnsley A March 2022 Sat 5 Luton Town H Sat 12 Millwall A Tue 15 Birmingham City A Sat 19 Cardiff City H April 2022 Sat 2 Peterborough United A Sat 9 Hull City H Fri 15 AFC Bournemouth A Mon 18 Huddersfield Town H Sat 23 Swansea City A Sat 30 Stoke City H May 2022 Sat 7 Preston North End A
    • Ahhh @Donnyboro its you who gets the boro fixtures early is it? I thought it was @GrimsbyBoro but its you who has been getting the fixtures.
    • Not me. If England get knocked out, I'll happily support the Danes. 
    • Yeah we played Watford away last year

×
×
  • Create New...